PC Exclusive FPS! No, it isn't April fools

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I know the PC gets exclusives but it makes for a better title :p
screen-01.jpg

4.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/13/exclusive—flying-wild-hog-announces-cyberpunk-fps-hard-reset/

Name of the game is, Hard Reset

We like being the first to tell you about a game. It’s rare, though, that we announce something that’s a mere two months away. Flying Wild Hog, a new studio, is releasing its debut game this September. It’s called Hard Reset, and it’s a PC-exclusive “dark sci-fi” FPS. Roughly, it’s Blade Runner, The Matrix, and Painkiller rolled into a single-player-only flour tortilla.

Like some kind of Polish, game-developing Voltron, Flying Wild Hog was formed from members of People Can Fly (Painkiller), CD Projekt RED (The Witcher 2), and City Interactive (Sniper: Ghost Warrior). Read on for more details, the first trailer, and first screenshots.

September release date, bring it on!

UPDATE

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news...gn=Feed:+GameProNews+(GamePro.com+Daily+News)

September 13 it comes out, and what is better? It is priced at $29.99 and if you preorder you get 10% off

Looks like I'll be snagging this one I think :D

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2004
If the single player is good, perhaps they'll make a "Dark Reset Tournament" for online multiplayer. It looks like it uses the Unreal Engine.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Cool. From the look of it this one isn't just another gimmick, but a serious attempt at a real PC gaming engine.

Visaoni

May 15, 2008
What's with the obsession with multi-player? I'm actually a lot more excited for this game because it is single-player only. Not every FPS needs to offer multi-player.

A basic FPS can be fine for single- and multi-player, but recently the single-player has been essentially non-existent, with only a brief and unsatisfying token appearance so that the developer can't be called out for being the first to remove single-player.

However a single-player only game will be forced to have a longer, more immersive storyline. It also has a lot more potential for interesting gameplay mechanics that would be too unwieldy to bring to multi-player, which can add a lot to the basic FPS experience.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What's with the obsession with multi-player? I'm actually a lot more excited for this game because it is single-player only. Not every FPS needs to offer multi-player.

A basic FPS can be fine for single- and multi-player, but recently the single-player has been essentially non-existent, with only a brief and unsatisfying token appearance so that the developer can't be called out for being the first to remove single-player.

However a single-player only game will be forced to have a longer, more immersive storyline. It also has a lot more potential for interesting gameplay mechanics that would be too unwieldy to bring to multi-player, which can add a lot to the basic FPS experience.

I agree, but if it isnt DX 11 i'll probably pass. Np point in going PC exclusive if you arnt using leading edge grapgics.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
interesting, looks cool!

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
I agree, but if it isnt DX 11 i'll probably pass. Np point in going PC exclusive if you arnt using leading edge grapgics.

Except when it's the company's first game using a propriatary engine such that they may not yet know how to utilize DX 11...

Looks good, even if it's not OMFG DX 11

WMD

Apr 13, 2011
I don't understand why all the fuss over whether or not a game is DX11. So far there has not been a Single title where DX11 brings a night and day difference to visuals over DX9. Art direction, Engine and game assets are far more important to how a game looks visually. There are great looking games in DX9 as well as DX11. Deadspace 2, Resident Evil 5 and Crysis are all good examples.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

Agreed. Single player shooters can be great if that's the focus, and it's rare to have that be the case anymore.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Just guessing from the trailer on the website which has in game video. I am going to guess DX9 without an AA routine. It appeared to have a lot of jaggies :(

Could still be a great game though.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005

I could care less if a game has MP. The MP only mindset players can just suffer. LOL Anyway, the concept looks interesting but I'd have to wait for release reviews before saying I'd be interested or not.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
I don't understand why all the fuss over whether or not a game is DX11. So far there has not been a Single title where DX11 brings a night and day difference to visuals over DX9. Art direction, Engine and game assets are far more important to how a game looks visually. There are great looking games in DX9 as well as DX11. Deadspace 2, Resident Evil 5 and Crysis are all good examples.

dx10 vs dx9 on BC2 is night and day.