Question PC Case Help

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
Hey guys I hate making posts but I simply can't decide on a case.

Thinks that I am looking for, in order are as follows.

Minimum of 1 USB Type C on front panel
Airflow
Dust Filters
Tempered Glass
Sound at reasonable levels
RGB is the least of my concerns.

I don't really have a budget, so feel free to recommend anything and give me some pros and cons. I've read a ton of reviews and I'm ready to buy, but unfortunately I'm just not leaning towards anything yet.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
you could always make your own case...

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
What's your budget?

As I stated in my post, I don't really have a budget. I don't want to spend 500 on a case, but I can drop 200 for a decent case. I was looking at the p600s, seems to tick a lot of the boxes, but I don't know how well it will do airflow wise.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
Lian Li Lancool 2 (if you can find it in stock)
-Filters all around
-2 sided tempered glass
-2x USB 3.0 + 1x USB C (must buy $10 cable online)
-3x fans that you can control on your MB for sound.

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
Lian Li Lancool 2 (if you can find it in stock)
-Filters all around
-2 sided tempered glass
-2x USB 3.0 + 1x USB C (must buy $10 cable online)
-3x fans that you can control on your MB for sound.

The lan cool 2 looks like a solid case and I am a huge fan of Lian Li, however it's a bit large for my taste. I currently have a corsair 900D and want to downsize.

Campy

Jun 25, 2010
As I stated in my post, I don't really have a budget. I don't want to spend 500 on a case, but I can drop 200 for a decent case. I was looking at the p600s, seems to tick a lot of the boxes, but I don't know how well it will do airflow wise.
Woops, guess it pays to read the whole post properly.

As for suggestions, how about...

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Phanteks P400A
Fractal Design Meshify S2
Fractal Design Define 7
Lian Li O11 Dynamic

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
Fractal Define C / Meshify C is about as small of a mid-tower (ATX) case as you can get.

Thats what i was looking at too, but the lancool 2 had better looks, features, and build quality. I forgave it for being a few inches taller and 1 inch wider. The side doors on the lancool 2 are highly functional. Also, it has a reset button, i forgot, does the Define/Meshify C have one? That was a must have for me.

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
I really want to put it on my desk, but I already have dual monitors, one of them being the pg279q which feels massive on my desk, soooo I really don't know where it's going if it's not the floor lol.

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
Alright, I pulled the trigger on the Lian Li O11 Dynamic. Now for my next question....how should I setup my fans...

Here is what I will be working with. Evga clc 280mm, stock fans. 3, new 120mm corsair mag lev rgb fans and 2 noctua's. I have some other fans, but I don't think I will be using them. Thoughts on how I should set these up?

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
I went with the Lian Li O11 Dynamic, in white. It came today. I will have pics of the build up when work is done and I can start on it :)

It's gonna be nice swapping over to a new EVGA clc 280 (Wish it was a 360), some nice new mag lev fans, my 1tb nvme drive, im excited.

Feb 4, 2009
I went with the Lian Li O11 Dynamic, in white. It came today. I will have pics of the build up when work is done and I can start on it :)

It's gonna be nice swapping over to a new EVGA clc 280 (Wish it was a 360), some nice new mag lev fans, my 1tb nvme drive, im excited.

Per my reading 360 radiators cool pretty much the same as 280 radiators. They cool within a tiny percent the same.

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
Per my reading 360 radiators cool pretty much the same as 280 radiators. They cool within a tiny percent the same.

I read the same thing, I was just going to do it for the looks. I have a kraken x61 currently that is extremely old and out dated. The pump actually stopped on it temporarily about 6 months ago, I hit the top of the radiator and it all started working again without issue, buuuuut its time to upgrade it lol.

Feb 4, 2009
I read the same thing, I was just going to do it for the looks. I have a kraken x61 currently that is extremely old and out dated. The pump actually stopped on it temporarily about 6 months ago, I hit the top of the radiator and it all started working again without issue, buuuuut its time to upgrade it lol.

I almost bought a kraken x61 during a woot sale. Price was great but the reviews not so great, particularly the controller software. I floundered on buying it then finally I said what the hell I’ll try it out. Then is was sold out.
Glad I didn’t go that route I am completely satisfied with my H150i Pro. Cools great, quiet, software is weird but makes sense in a way.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
The case may be a bit overkill due to its many many radiator options, and you're "merely" using a 280 AIO. At least i hope you love the way the case looks, as opposed to all the good reviews the case got largely in part due to the radiator mounts

Why dont you take this opportunity to try to build a custom 360 loop...?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hey guys I hate making posts but I simply can't decide on a case.

Thinks that I am looking for, in order are as follows.

Minimum of 1 USB Type C on front panel
Airflow
Dust Filters
Tempered Glass
Sound at reasonable levels
RGB is the least of my concerns.

I don't really have a budget, so feel free to recommend anything and give me some pros and cons. I've read a ton of reviews and I'm ready to buy, but unfortunately I'm just not leaning towards anything yet.

I normally set a case cap of 100 bucks so I'll stick to the segment I'm most familiar with.

NZXT H510 $70 and should meet your basic requirements. Air flow will be "mid pack". It's a good all around case and a a good starting point
Lian Li Lancool II - 20 bucks more but with a bit more airflow at the expense of a bit more noise due to the open top that enables more fans