PBS question to Trump and his response

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I didn’t get that about Obama either. I suspect it’s a little bit like Trump refusing the ever say he was wrong. It’s an ego thing and that incident regarding Obama was probably influenced by the Birthers. I know I would start to think I’m done dancing for you mother fuckers.

Nope, it had nothing to do with ego or the birthers. Did you know Bush never said 'radical Islamic terrorism' either? (conservatives conveniently forgot this) Neither Bush nor Obama thought it was helpful to link the terrorists we were fighting with the world's second largest religion because that would help engender additional sympathy. You want to paint them as 'extremists' and 'radicals', not 'Muslims' because the people you are trying to influence with these words are mostly Muslims.

Bush and Obama both thought about this strategically, Trump thinks about it emotionally.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don't get the "white nationalism" angle here. HE actually said he's a nationalist.

He point-blank said" "I'm a Nazi!" The actual problem is that he said he's a nationalist. That is bad. No reason to toss "white" in there to make it worse than it already is. Conservatives have jumped on this as if it is more important, because it's mostly a false assumption that they can then attack, but nobody actually cares about it.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
He point-blank said" "I'm a Nazi!”

Except we both know he didn’t. That’s as intellectually dishonest and claiming Barry was a terrorist because his middle name is Hussein. It discredits legit attacks on Trump when you make false arguments like that.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Except we both know he didn’t. That’s as intellectually dishonest and claiming Barry was a terrorist because his middle name is Hussein. It discredits legit attacks on Trump when you make false arguments like that.

It is what he said.

You're just too naive and proudly ignorant to understand the actual meanings of real words.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
If you say so champ. Making dishonest arguments may win you hoorahs on here but it undermines your credibility for all but the most die hard.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
You started this thread with a dishonest argument. You have a reputation for dishonest arguments.

No I didn’t? I started this thread saying what she said was racist which it was and Trump called her out which he did. She tried to take something unrelated and inject something accusatory and racially charged to what could only be seen as inciting racial fear. It was uncalled for, unprofessional, untruthful, and she was called out for doing so. Most on here loathe to admit it but not everything in he world revolves around one skin color.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You started this thread with a dishonest argument. You have a reputation for dishonest arguments.

Because he's always so concerned.

She gave Trump the perfect opportunity to say "I denounce White Nationalism. That's not the kind of nationalism I'm talking about."

Instead, Trump went for the "You're the real racist!" routine. UC thinks that's just peachy, of course, because she really is the real racist in the post-truth realm of Trumplandia. He goes on as if White Nationalists & White Supremacists have no reason for their Trump love.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
No I didn’t? I started this thread saying what she said was racist which it was and Trump called her out which he did. She tried to take something unrelated and inject something accusatory and racially charged to what could only be seen as inciting racial fear. It was uncalled for, unprofessional, untruthful, and she was called out for doing so. Most on here loathe to admit it but not everything in he world revolves around one skin color.

No she didn't you liar.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Why should he play that game? It injects racism into something that’s not. Why didn’t barry say radical Islamic terrorism? Because he didn’t play their game, why should he?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why should he play that game? It injects racism into something that’s not. Why didn’t barry say radical Islamic terrorism? Because he didn’t play their game, why should he?

Derailing your own thread with duh-version is so predictable. Maybe you can weave crooked Hillary into your narrative.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
If you say so champ. Making dishonest arguments may win you hoorahs on here but it undermines your credibility for all but the most die hard.

In your apparent pursuit of conducting an honest argument, are you going to elaborate on how asking Trump for his opinion is asking a racist question?

No, it's your opinion that Trump's "nationalist" comments had no racist intent. Many disagree on that point, which is why she asked that question: to get Trump to clarify his position in a useful manner, which as usual he failed to do.

She didn't make a single untruthful statement, so stop asserting your opinion to be fact.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
In case anyone wants it for reference, I've typed up her question including Trump's interruptions:

---
YA: Hi Mr President, Yamiche Alcindor at PBS News Hour. Um, on the campaign trail you called yourself a "nationalist", some people saw that as emboldening white nationalists..

<trump interrupts> I don't know why you'd say that.

YA: now people are also saying that the Pres..

<trump interrupts> That is such a racist question.

YA: there are some people that say that now the Republican party is seen as supporting white nationalists..

<trump interrupts> Oh I don't believe it... I don't believe it...

YA: because of your rhetoric. What do you make of that?
---

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Well let's just go with the fact that you aren't in any kind of position to arbitrate honest and dishonest arguments around here. I don't care that you're clearly too ignorant to understand what words actually mean--the accuracy of my statement remains, regardless of what you choose to believe.

It's like evolution: Doesn't matter if you don't believe it, it's still happening.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

It was an honest question that could have actually helped him if he addressed it like an adult. He chose to make it "a game" and blew air onto the fire.

As usual, when shit rolls down Trump's pants and he stomps all over it with his feet, he and his typical minions scramble around to claim that the press is responsible for his own incontinence.