PBS question to Trump and his response

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'll try one...

Trump declares he is a member of the Ku Klux and then says that's not racist ignoring today's reality.
Hey, you're the real racist for saying the Klan is racist!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The part where it was irrelevant to the conversation, not applicable, and only brought up to stoke fear and racial tension I guess.
Because the legions of openly racist white supremacists on social media who all worship Trump as their god emperor don't do anything to stoke fear and racial tension, right?

Jul 9, 2009
Because free speech, right?
I see no reason he should have to put up with assholes abusing their positions and exploiting their profession for political purposes. As with Acoster abusing the female staffer at the press conference. If reporters don't act professionally, remove their privileged status at the White House.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I see no reason he should have to put up with assholes abusing their positions and exploiting their profession for political purposes. As with Acoster abusing the female staffer at the press conference. If reporters don't act professionally, remove their privileged status at the White House.
Your concern for the female staffer is noted. I supposed if he punched her in the eye Acosta would have qualified for a White House job.

Reactions: nickqt

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Only a person who didn't see the video could possibly accuse Acosta of abusing her. Or someone as dishonest as you.

Reactions: nickqt

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Yeah, because the President isn't himself an asshole who continuously abuses and exploits his position for political purposes.
But it's good to see you finally admitting that you want to squash political speech you disagree with, and will make up any lie to rationalize doing so.

Reactions: ivwshane
Jul 9, 2009
Yeah, because the President isn't himself an asshole who continuously abuses and exploits his position for political purposes.
But it's good to see you finally admitting that you want to squash political speech you disagree with, and will make up any lie to rationalize doing so.
How so with the "squash" ? A White House credential is a special privilege awarded by the White House, Acoster can write anything he wants about anything he wants at anytime he wants. He just can't do it on White House grounds.

Jul 9, 2009
Only a person who didn't see the video could possibly accuse Acosta of abusing her. Or someone as dishonest as you.
I've seen it a dozen times, only a lying asshole like yourself wouldn't consider the way he treated the female staffer to not be abusive.

Would you treat a wife like that?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You see, it's not racist to be racist, it's racist to be against racism. You need to get with it and get it right. Or these 'nationalists' in power will punish you for crimethink or something like that. Because free speech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
How so with the "squash" ? A White House credential is a special privilege awarded by the White House, Acoster can write anything he wants about anything he wants at anytime he wants. He just can't do it on White House grounds.
And the reason you want to protect the President from being asked tough questions is... ?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I've seen it a dozen times, only a lying asshole like yourself wouldn't consider the way he treated the female staffer to not be abusive.

Would you treat a wife like that?

You voted for and idolize a guy who brags about abusing women. So your opinion is noted and promptly ignored as the brazen hypocrisy that is.

Jul 9, 2009
You voted for and idolize a guy who brags about abusing women. So your opinion is noted and promptly ignored as the brazen hypocrisy that is.
Got a link to him manhandling a woman like Acoster did?

You just demanded exactly that. So yeah, you do.

Not at all, Acoster went far beyond normal etiquette and decorum for a journalistic professional as was obvious in the tape. Nothing abnormal to holding him and any other media people to account for abusing their privilege.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Not at all, Acoster went far beyond normal etiquette and decorum for a journalistic professional as was obvious in the tape. Nothing abnormal to holding him and any other media people to account for abusing their privilege.
Trump has admitted in public twice of abusing woman. Once for sexual assault, the second time for being a sexual predator.

The President answering questions isn't some damned privilege. The President is accountable to the people. The press isn't there to ask questions that make him look good.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

This thread isn't about Acosta. Go start a new one if you want to discuss that.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Trump has admitted in public twice of abusing woman. Once for sexual assault, the second time for being a sexual predator.

The President answering questions isn't some damned privilege. The President is accountable to the people. The press isn't there to ask questions that make him look good.
Taj and Ugly don't want their God Emperor being held accountable to the People. Or to the law for that matter. And you're the real racist who hates free speech and law and order and the Constitution if you speak up to disagree.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...s-racist-question-april-ryan-newsroom-vpx.cnn

She said

“On the campaign trail, you called yourself a nationalist,” she began. “Some people saw that as emboldingly white nationalist. Now people are also saying…”

Trump responded

“I don’t know why you’d say that — such a racist question.”

Thank you. Godzilla, he called it out. She was probably taken aback but so be it, it was a racist question and her taking the term nationalist and turn it to a race thing is....racist. I love PBS and even like that particular reporter but yes that question and that underlying thought process is quite simply racist. Why is a nationalist - someone who is advocating for America First - have to be white and have to be racist?

Edit: in before concern, dog whistle, etc
And now the right has convinced YOU to redefine what the word means and implies in pop culture.. God job? And in so doing the word nationalist now targets two fronts of the propaganda machinery, the white nationalists and the neo-nationalists(you) crowd... For some reason, looking to your right you DO see these assholes while still maintaining "that has nothing to do with me" - Oh but it does, you guys are playing for the same team, even respond to the same command. Rationalize away but the rest of the world looks at you and just see a klan supporter. Why should they not, it is what you do.