PBS question to Trump and his response

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...s-racist-question-april-ryan-newsroom-vpx.cnn

She said

“On the campaign trail, you called yourself a nationalist,” she began. “Some people saw that as emboldingly white nationalist. Now people are also saying…”

Trump responded

“I don’t know why you’d say that — such a racist question.”

Thank you. Godzilla, he called it out. She was probably taken aback but so be it, it was a racist question and her taking the term nationalist and turn it to a race thing is....racist. I love PBS and even like that particular reporter but yes that question and that underlying thought process is quite simply racist. Why is a nationalist - someone who is advocating for America First - have to be white and have to be racist?

Edit: in before concern, dog whistle, etc

Nov 25, 2013
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...s-racist-question-april-ryan-newsroom-vpx.cnn

She said

“On the campaign trail, you called yourself a nationalist,” she began. “Some people saw that as emboldingly white nationalist. Now people are also saying…”

Trump responded

Thank you. Godzilla, he called it out. She was probably taken aback but so be it, it was a racist question and her taking the term nationalist and turn it to a race thing is....racist. I love PBS and even like that particular reporter but yes that question and that underlying thought process is quite simply racist. Why is a nationalist - someone who is advocating for America First - have to be white and have to be racist?

Fuck the concern, you're simply being an outright jackass.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Trump would have been better served turning it around and asking her why she felt "Nationalist" and "White Nationalist" were synonymous.

Instead he bungled his response in his standard schlocky way, trying to use shock factor or something who knows anymore.

I wish we had better banter between the President and the Press, rather than this garbage. The Pres has some Z level banter game.

Reactions: GoodRevrnd

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

She said

Trump responded

You're transparently dishonest. She called upon Trump to separate his brand of nationalism from white nationalism & *he refused to do so*.

That's right. He obfuscated instead & then went for the "You're the real racist!" routine.

Just because you shill for Trump more artfully than some other posters doesn't mean that's not what you're doing.

Jan 25, 2011

She said

Trump responded

See here’s the thing, she was simply asking a question. A question A LOT of people would like an answer to. He had the chance to give an answer to the people. Instead he went with the “I’m not a racist! You’re the racist!” Schlick so many conservatives break out now a days.

He could have clarified. He could have condemned white nationalists. But he’s Trump so... nope.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

She said

Trump responded

White nationalism isn't some new fucking term being thrown around, useful idiot.

Reactions: jackstar7

deathBOB

Dec 2, 2007

She said

Trump responded

When they campaign by demonizing non-white immigrants and are supported by white nationalists?

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
You guys realize OP is a white nationalist, right? He probably wonders why people call Trump that when he won't even recite the 14 words

Feb 4, 2009
Nationalist is a dangerous term because it means different things regarding context.
Safer to just call yourself a Patriot no Nazi references attached to Patriot.
Trump is just being a stubborn third regarding this term and it’s irresponsible

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Interesting how you think he can invent new meanings to traditional racist terms, run a racism focused campaign, then be shocked when someone asks about all the racism.

You must be a moron.
And by moron, I mean more on point, a phrase meaning an insightful or clever person. Because that's what that word now means, you fucking moron.

Reactions: Pohemi

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The whole thing about the left claiming he was pushing some kind of white power agenda by saying he was a "nationalist" is just another example of how the left are the true racists today, how they create racism where there is none to help keep the victim complex alive and ultimately keep more minorities on the Democrat plantation.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Trump would have been better served turning it around and asking her why she felt "Nationalist" and "White Nationalist" were synonymous.

Instead he bungled his response in his standard schlocky way, trying to use shock factor or something who knows anymore.

I wish we had better banter between the President and the Press, rather than this garbage. The Pres has some Z level banter game.

This.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

She said

Trump responded

WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING DUMB?

I'm being serious. She didn't call him a white nationalist, she said he called himself a nationalist and some people thought that was emboldened white nationalist. She was cut off because our bitch in chief can't handle even the thought of someone potentially saying something critical. But even in your quote did she imply that he was a white nationalist.

You, of course, latched on to his response because you are piece of shit racist whose threads consists of "why is this racist?". Your shtick is, quite frankly, getting old.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The whole thing about the left claiming he was pushing some kind of white power agenda by saying he was a "nationalist" is just another example of how the left are the true racists today, how they create racism where there is none to help keep the victim complex alive and ultimately keep more minorities on the Democrat plantation.

Yes we get it, the real racists are the ones pointing out racism. I enjoyed your rant of projection though.

Reactions: nickqt

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

He would have be better served had he actually given her time to finish her question.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
He called her out on being a racist which is what she was being.
No she wasn’t, she was drawing racial ties where there were none and trying to paint Trump with them. It wasnt just a question, it was a racist attack.

The question wasn't racist at all. To say so is shilling for Trump. Trump refused to disassociate himself from White Nationalists. It would have been easy. "I renounce White Nationalists. That's not the kind of nationalism I'm talking about." and expounded from there. He did not.