PBS: Now: The Ron Paul Phenomenon

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
RPH's continue chant there is no media bias. Bullshit! There was no other reason than fear of the powers that be, that Ron Paul's message would get out to the masses and turn their candy land on its head. I wouldn't doubt they threatened someones job to make this happen.

Despite relatively low poll numbers, Paul has had a big influence on the presidential campaign. That's in part because he's raised a ton of money, and in part because of the passionate following he has on the Web. It's one reason we're posting my interview with Paul only on the Internet, where the debate about Paul is very active. In fact, he's the most Googled presidential candidate.

If this is one reason, whats the others not mentioned? And isn't it also normal for MSM to play the segment and still post the clip online for debate/discussion? You guys have to see the bias now.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
For those who claim Paul has no support in the real world, I invite you to look at this graphic:

http://img.photobucket.com/alb...t-UpGroupsCompared.gif

Every so-called "scientific poll" is conducted among those who have land lines in their house. Many people these days (myself and my entire family included) have gone completely wireless, so we aren't included. Paul is also attracting thousands of new supporters and people who were formerly not active in politics. These people are also excluded from the polling, so his numbers are being significantly undercut by flawed polling methods. You can't travel more than 20 yards in New Hampshire without seeing a Ron Paul sign. That state is full of liberty-minded people and independent voters. 72% of Independents are AGAINST the Iraq war...and 45% of REPUBLICANS are against it. Their vote will be going unanimously to RP in the primaries...while the pro-war vote will be split among the six other candidates.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, Paul WILL be winning New Hampshire, Iowa, and every other early primary state.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
For those who claim Paul has no support in the real world, I invite you to look at this graphic:

Every so-called "scientific poll" is conducted among those who have land lines in their house. Many people these days (myself and my entire family included) have gone completely wireless, so we aren't included. Paul is also attracting thousands of new supporters and people who were formerly not active in politics. These people are also excluded from the polling, so his numbers are being significantly undercut by flawed polling methods. You can't travel more than 20 yards in New Hampshire without seeing a Ron Paul sign. That state is full of liberty-minded people and independent voters. 72% of Independents are AGAINST the Iraq war...and 45% of REPUBLICANS are against it. Their vote will be going unanimously to RP in the primaries...while the pro-war vote will be split among the six other candidates.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, Paul WILL be winning New Hampshire, Iowa, and every other early primary state.
When Paul comes in first of second in a primary, the media WILL have to sit up and talk.

As stated above, many polls are conducted w/ people that have landlines and are classified as Republican or Republican leaning.

Landline #s are published, cell #s are not.

There is much of your bias,

Much of Pauls supporters are cell users only and/or new elgible voters that prevent the pollsters from locating them.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Capitalizt

How do you know the polls are only conducted to people with landlines? I know the concept of research is a problem for RP supporters, which explains why so many support him.

Lets look at Zogby, one of the more respected polling agencies:
JZ: "Phone numbers are chosen purely by random, ensuring that every household in the US (or wherever we are polling) have as much chance of being selected as any other.

Good polling agencies use random digit-dial polling, so they get cellphones and landlines.

Did you understand that? Does it need to be a youtube video for you get that?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Originally posted by: halik
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
Originally posted by: brxndxn
Cue the anti-Ron-Paul-spam spammers in 3... 2...

I'm looking forward to some actual coverage... FINALLY.

Compared to the pro-Ron-Paul-spam..... :roll:

Every time I come into P&N (just to see what's going on), there are tons of threads on RP, most of them pretty much fluff.

QFMFT

fringe candidate, fringe support group and lots of lots of spam

Better than warmongers, liars and thieves.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: CitizenKain
Good polling agencies use random digit-dial polling, so they get cellphones and landlines.

No they don't.

I worked in Market Research for 10 years, '95 to '05, mostly in the political arena. The last company I worked for was Braun Research, who does the actual calling for some of the big dogs. Those phone lists are purchased, no RDD. I know, as part of my job was taking these lists from the client, reformating them, and importing them into the CATI software. RDD my ass. I also programmed questionnaires, and some of them, depending on the client, and their agenda, were fairly biased.

piotrgurin

Apr 4, 2005
This PBS Ron Paul report will air Tommorow (Friday)!!! Woohooo~!!!

I'm extra happy b/c you can see me in the huge crowd at the Philly Rally. 8)

Check your local listing for exact times........

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
According to my local listings, it is not showing in my area. :(

I have noticed that it's not showing in all locations. Might possibly be able to find a pbs stream online though. Also I think it goes without saying this will be on the web by Saturday.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Perry404

I have noticed that it's not showing in all locations. Might possibly be able to find a pbs stream online though. Also I think it goes without saying this will be on the web by Saturday.

Yeah, but I'll be at the GF's house tomorrow evening. I was going to maker her watch it, turn her into a Paul supporter. :D

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Will it be considered to be another conspiracy against RP that not all areas will be showing it?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy

Will it be considered to be another conspiracy against RP that not all areas will be showing it?

I received a reply from my email to my local PBS station, and they have NOW on Sunday mornings at 8:30am, and will be showing this then.

They also informed me that it will be airing on their second channel, on digital cable, tonight at 7:30pm. The GF has digital cable, :thumbsup: .

:D

piotrgurin

Apr 4, 2005
Wow the PBS special was soo cool!!! Especially because i was in it 3 times for a few seconds each time, heheheheh. 8)