PBS: Now: The Ron Paul Phenomenon

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
On December 14th PBS' -Now- will be airing a program titled "The Ron Paul phenomenon".
This looks to be a very worthy event. Preview here.

As far as I know this will be the first honest to goodness in depth look at the Ron Paul movement and what attracts people to Paul, on national media outside of C-span . Break out the popcorn!

I would like to ask everyone to please not reply to spam in this thread. If people are dissing the subject kindly ignore them. If it turns into an argument the thread gets closed and the spammers got what they wanted.

Video

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Cue the anti-Ron-Paul-spam spammers in 3... 2...

I'm looking forward to some actual coverage... FINALLY.

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: brxndxn
Cue the anti-Ron-Paul-spam spammers in 3... 2...

I'm looking forward to some actual coverage... FINALLY.

Compared to the pro-Ron-Paul-spam..... :roll:

Every time I come into P&N (just to see what's going on), there are tons of threads on RP, most of them pretty much fluff.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I would hardly call Ron Paul a phenomenon. But, all the same, we get another Ron Paul thread from Mr. RPspambot. :p

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: piotrgurin
woot i was in this video!! wohooooo!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't in the video but I saw one of the forums I post on on the screen. About as close as I'll ever get to being a celebrity:D.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Perry404

Wasn't in the video but I saw one of the forums I post on on the screen. About as close as I'll ever get to being a celebrity:D.
I wasn't in the video either, but I am in the P&N thread where you posted about the forum that was on the screen in the video about the candidate at the center of the phenomenon that is explicated in the TV show that is highlighted as the topic that is listed in the forum that is part of the web site that is on the internet that serves the planet that is in the solar system that encompasses the galatic region that houses the species that created the hypertext markup language that creates the links that the people who comprise that species use to point to the topics that others of that species occassionally comment on.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Perknose

I wasn't in the video either, but I am in the P&N thread where you posted about the forum that was on the screen in the video about the candidate at the center of the phenomenon that is explicated in the TV show that is highlighted as the topic that is listed in the forum that is part of the web site that is on the internet that serves the planet that is in the solar system that encompasses the galatic region that houses the species that created the hypertext markup language that creates the links that the people who comprise that species use to point to the topics that others of that species occassionally comment on.

*Gasp* You aren't Yahtzee Croshaw are you? A celebrity moderator? How cool!

(Hint, watch the video on that page to know what I'm referring to)

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Perknose

Ok Doc. :D

teclis1023

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2007
Can we just get a Ron Paul News Thread where the spammers can go wild, leaving the rest of us alone?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: teclis1023
Can we just get a Ron Paul News Thread where the spammers can go wild, leaving the rest of us alone?

Or you can stop crying like a baby and stop clicking on thread titles that contain the words, "Ron Paul."

I pray you don't treat your emails in this manner.

Legend

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2005
The preview is promising! Paul is getting more fair coverage lately. With this interview, the 20/20 hopefully airing, and coverage that will result from December 16th, he's going to get a lot of air time.

Lots of official campaign ads are starting too, and they're getting good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENfMexgorp4

A lot of grassroots supporters have begun organizing their own funding and are airing ads in Iowa and New Hampshire. They're all pretty good, but #3 is a strong one because it shows how big his movement is, and quickly discredits the whole "spammers" bullshit.

http://www.operationnh.com/

Meanwhile the other Republican candidates are already working to dethrone Huckabee. Let the mud-slinging begin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hei8iDK61do&eurl

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

:thumbsup:

teclis1023

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2007
Originally posted by: bamacre

Or you can stop crying like a baby and stop clicking on thread titles that contain the words, "Ron Paul."

I pray you don't treat your emails in this manner.

If only it were that easy. Unfortunately, every f*cking thread in this forum gets someone up on a soapbox about RP.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Legend
The preview is promising! Paul is getting more fair coverage lately. With this interview, the 20/20 hopefully airing, and coverage that will result from December 16th, he's going to get a lot of air time.

Lots of official campaign ads are starting too, and they're getting good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENfMexgorp4

A lot of grassroots supporters have begun organizing their own funding and are airing ads in Iowa and New Hampshire. They're all pretty good, but #3 is a strong one because it shows how big his movement is, and quickly discredits the whole "spammers" bullshit.

http://www.operationnh.com/

Meanwhile the other Republican candidates are already working to dethrone Huckabee. Let the mud-slinging begin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hei8iDK61do&eurl

Those Jeremiah Black ads were absolutely fantastic. I have been wholly impressed with how & where Pauls people spend their money on ads. These are just very appealing to everyone and offend no one. I'm partial to the first JB ad.

EDIT: Ah hell I like all three of them.:D

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Do you still think that the MEDIA is ignoring or surpressing Paul?

Considering his standing in scientifically conduced polls, Paul is getting his share of coverage.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
Do you still think that the MEDIA is ignoring or surpressing Paul?

Considering his standing in scientifically conduced polls, Paul is getting his share of coverage.

Well...now he is. They don't have much choice anymore. His campaign really has been phenominal. If they continued to ignore him we'd eventually have a president in office whom the media never got around to reporting about. Wouldn't that be embarrassing? :D

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Try to see it my way

:music:Oh where oh where could my Ron Paul be, oh where oh where could he be?

Perry, go home. Ron Paul is nowhere. Now could you at least entertain us with a little defeat dance? ;)