Paypal shipping prices

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
Im mostly talking about the USPS priority mail service they provide here. I used to buy shipping labels for 4.50 for a basic package and now its jumped all the way up to 7.50 for a 1lb 5oz. package. what gives?!

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Because eBay and PayPal are the worse fucking duo every created. They have a practical monopoly on the online selling business and they know they can do whatever the fuck they want to, and you will bend over happily.

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Yeah, I noticed that too, but I got the same price from the USPS site. Are you sure that the 4.60 and teh paypal price are quoted for the same zones?

P.S. You can print shipping lables directly from the USPS website.

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
dam. i guess im just going to ahve to get some priority flate rate envelopes to get the 4.60 rpice. Ill be ordering 50 of those right now :D

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: covert24

yea it says in that chart 1lb for priority mail is 4.60. F paypal

__I emailed paypal regarding it yestarday and should be getting a response between 1-2 days. please keep posting.

1lb != 1lb 5oz

:confused:

From NH to Cali, a 1lb 5oz package costs $7.50 to ship..not sure where you're shipping, but it's not exactly a huge markup. :p

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Safeway
Because eBay and PayPal are the worse fucking duo every created. They have a practical monopoly on the online selling business and they know they can do whatever the fuck they want to, and you will bend over happily.

cheaper and better than other alternatives. YOU get a merchant account and see how much that costs you.

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
lmao. just tried something and apparently an extra 5oz bumps the price from 4.60 to 7.50. But 1lb to ship is still 4.60 which i just found out so i might as well just cheat because when ever i go to drop the packages off they jsut take it, say havea nice day, and i walk out. so its all good in the hood.

zainali

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Safeway

ebay/paypal do not set USPS prices.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
lmao. just tried something and apparently an extra 5oz bumps the price from 4.60 to 7.50. But 1lb to ship is still 4.60 which i just found out so i might as well just cheat because when ever i go to drop the packages off they jsut take it, say havea nice day, and i walk out. so its all good in the hood.

Yeah, because the pricing is by the POUND, rounded. So 1lb 1oz is a 2 pound rate, etc.

USPS doesn't price by the ounce...

And I agree the rate hikes suck, but what are you gonna do?

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Pabster

Yeah, because the pricing is by the POUND, rounded. So 1lb 1oz is a 2 pound rate, etc.

cheat and say its 1lb ;)

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999

cheat and say its 1lb ;)

You can do that, but chances are the package will be returned to you for additional postage. It gets weighed after they accept it at the window.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001

*cough*

Originally posted by: CadetLee
1lb != 1lb 5oz

:p

And they'll probably be weighing it anyway.

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: akshatp

cheat and say its 1lb ;)

You can do that, but chances are the package will be returned to you for additional postage. It gets weighed after they accept it at the window.

what window?

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
In my experienes, paypal labels have always been more expensive than just getting them from USPS.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: akshatp

cheat and say its 1lb ;)

what window?

The lobby window where you can buy stamps and such. The place where you give your package for mailing. After it goes to the back, before it leaves the Post Office it gets weighed for appropriate postage. I know, becuase I tried to send a 1lb 1oz package once and they returned it to me since I only put 1lb. worth of postage on.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
Originally posted by: drinkmorejava
In my experienes, paypal labels have always been more expensive than just getting them from USPS.

definitely. Paypal isn't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. Everytime I check my ebay invoices, it's so absurd. To sell something for $29.99 I get charged 1.20 listings, 1.49 final fee. Then everybody uses paypal to pay and I get docked another 3%.