PayPal is Terrible

shamrock1313

Banned
Jan 17, 2005
I have just went through about 5 days of hell with PayPal. I open the account at the end of last week thinking its going to be so easy to use it.. Instead it becomes a whore.

So here goes my rant about PayPal...

I put in my credit card number and what not.. I click the send money, type in the user's address and everything, and click send money. Then I thought it went through until I read the top of the screen which so clearly stated that I couldn't use my credit card as a funding option.. I was like what the bloody hell.. So I think nothing of it and figure I must of had an option set up wrong or something.. I ask for help from a few of my friends, and they of course have no idea why PayPal is doing that.. At this point, I stopped caring for my purchase. It was just the fact I couldn't use the card.

A couple days pass with me attempting to figure out the problem and failing.. I then decide, "What the hell, lets try customer service!" Thinking they could actually serve me up a little bit of help.. I call and of course I have to go through 10 minutes of me talking to a computer.. Then I have to wait an extra 5 or so minutes till I actually recieved a person. They ask whats the problem. I tell them abruptly.. This person then has the fortitude to tell me that I can't use a credit card to pay. I am like why. They say because its too unsafe and blah, blah, mother ****ing blah.. So I am like, "You realize this is my only way of paying for this." They end up saying sorry, sorry, I am so sorry. Then I am like whatever and hang up..

I will be sure never to use PayPal ever again. They can suck on my cock.. Those dirty ****ing bums.

/end rant

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Dude... this is not new in the least bit. You've apparently been living under a rock if you didn't realize this years ago.

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
unfortunately its hard to sell a lot of things on ebay etc without a paypal accnt...

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
I use credit cards via paypal all the time. You probably did something wrong.

shamrock1313

Banned
Jan 17, 2005
Private message me please. Because I went through every step necessary. I even called the Customer Service and they said that I can't use credit cards.

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Woah, I don't understand why you can't use CC with Paypal? I did it a while ago, and I thought this was what they did?!?!?

Someone explain this to me!

KS

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Does your address that you have listed match the same address of your credit card? You can't have two seperate addresses, otherwise it looks fraudulent and that's possibly what raised a flag.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I've personally not had a problem with Paypal... but I know others that have. I also know that Paypal denies using Credit Cards to some people, though I don't know what the logic behind it is. <shrug>

shamrock1313

Banned
Jan 17, 2005
It should. I bought products with this card online before and used the same address as I did on PayPal and still no go..

shamrock1313

Banned
Jan 17, 2005
Sorry for double post..

But I figured out the problem..

PayPal forced me to recreate the account. I then chose Premier although I was a Premier member with my other account. I added the card number and everything. Then it FINALLY gives me the page that tells me to enroll in PayPal's Expanded Use Program.. This is my first time ever seeing this page.. It never showed on the other account. I still hate PayPal though.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: shamrock1313
Private message me please. Because I went through every step necessary. I even called the Customer Service and they said that I can't use credit cards.

There is something you're not telling us, because people use CC's all the fvcking time with PayPal. If you could not use a cc with paypal, then I would be out of business. I've probably received $100k in the past 45 days in cc purchases through paypal.