pay to pray

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
This is crazy. "We'll have a word with God for you, in return for a monthly fee".

Glad I don't have one of those ridiculous gadgets.

When my 87-year-old mother, Patricia Collinson, was given an Alexa speaker by my sister, she was delighted to find she could ask it to say the Hail Mary. Every morning for a week the devout Catholic asked Alexa to recite the prayer.

What she was less delighted to learn was that she had unwittingly ordered a premium subscription payable through Amazon to a private company called Catholic Prayers.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I’ll recite the Nicene Creed for you every morning but it’s going to cost a bit more.

Reactions: Leeea

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well seeing as if the Repub party leadership have been blatantly mining their religious faithful for votes for like forever, it's only natural that they would exploit these gullibles through any means possible.

Reactions: Leeea

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Now I think of it, it's very much in the tradition of the Church selling 'indulgences'. Maybe the Vatican should bring that back, and cut a deal with Amazon to automate the whole process?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Read this morning the Pope passed over a San Francisco Priest that was withholding communion form Nancy Pelosi over her pro abortion and Catholic connection and gave it to a priest junior to him who does not believe in that practice and likely did so because he also opposes that practice.

As easily as religion can be used to create bigots, shelter the sexually sick, and be used to make money, its fundamental origin in the experience of God Consciousness of the major religions founders means it can also touch the hearts of decent practitioners.

God does not exist because of the bitterness of those who can't forgive, the very ones who have been forgiven and can't let it in.