Question PaulsHardware builds a PC in the new "Hyte" case. Looks good!

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm very tempted to do a build in this case. Maybe a thick 280 in the side and a 30mm x 360mm on top. If AM5 launches this year, an all white build may be in the plans.

It's very much like the O11, but with the front corner loped off and the IO moved to the bottom. I do like that the riser makes room for 1/2 height cards.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: VirtualLarry

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Back in the day computers were typically flat. Then they came up with this great space saving idea (that didn't save any space) called a tower. All the expansion cards were (stupidly) dumped over on their side, and the video cards got bigger and bigger until they bent under their own weight while torqueing the slot.

Now comes this wonderful idea to mount the card vertically to solve a problem that wouldn't exist if not for towers.

I'm going to look for an old style flat case and put it up on my desk, under the monitor where it will be up off the floor, out of the way, convenient to turn on or load a disk and the cards will go the direction God and gravity intended.

Ask me how I really feel.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Back in the day computers were typically flat. Then they came up with this great space saving idea (that didn't save any space) called a tower. All the expansion cards were (stupidly) dumped over on their side, and the video cards got bigger and bigger until they bent under their own weight while torqueing the slot.

Now comes this wonderful idea to mount the card vertically to solve a problem that wouldn't exist if not for towers.

I'm going to look for an old style flat case and put it up on my desk, under the monitor where it will be up off the floor, out of the way, convenient to turn on or load a disk and the cards will go the direction God and gravity intended.

Ask me how I really feel.

Sounds like Silverstone has you covered... ATX Desktop cases, perfect for sticking under a monitor.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Your thoughts on this Azza, if you don't mind please?
The Azza is lovely, like a piece of art.

If I was the boss of a big company I'd want one in my enormous office on my huge cocobolo desk.

As it stands the pyramid would be impractical due to the large footprint and inability to put anything on top... Unless you balance it just right.

Ask me again later after a few glasses 🥂 of Merlot if you want to know what I really think.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
InWin WINBOT (in-win.com)

Would you refuse if someone gifted you this case?
I'd take one for the dream office with the huge burled walnut desk or to sell on eBay...

A sphere is the most efficient shape for a container but not for a computer with mostly square/rectangular parts.

We don't have room for such a thing which is part of the reason we mostly run laptops these days. That along with portability and the lack of GPU availability for the desktop. Best box in the house is the lap with a 1660ti.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i sort of wanted one of these guys... i almost bought it, but realized i do not have enough desk space or ledge space for that manner for my ergotron hx monitor mount.

But PC Desk with Polarized glass dimmer FTW.

Reactions: lakedude