Paul Rivals Clinton, Raising Almost $20 Million for Campaign

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: shinerburke
I love these threads if for no other reason than the fact that they get the extremists on both sides of the aisle all up in arms.

Neither of the 2 equally bad parties we have in this country want to see Paul or anyone like him be taken seriously in a run for the Presidency. Why? Because in the long run both of our "major" parties are no different than comparing Twinkies to Zingers. Yeah there is a slight difference in texture, but in the end they both leave you unsatisfied and feeling rotten inside.

Neither party wants real change for the good of the people. What they want is to maintain the status quo with a minor change here or there just to appear to be doing something when all they are really doing is perpetuating their power and continuing to screw the very people they are supposed to be serving.

You are just kidding yourself if you think Hillary, Huckabee, Romney, Thompson, Obama, etc, etc, etc...are the answer to fixing what ails this country. Not a single one of them have the balls to shake the political system up and tear it to its foundation so that it can be rebuilt.

This is true to an extent. However, RP won't fix what's ailing us either. We tried an RP once before and it didn't work out - just like it won't work out this time either. I think *some* of the ideas he brings forward need to be talked about and hopefully they will help shape the policy and debate. That being said, wholesale change just doesn't happen with our form of government(which provides for a more stable gov't) so it's absurd to pin your hopes on one guy "changing" it.

As an aside - I wish I could support RP this time around but he's not my #1(or #2) since he's alienated a lot of potential supporters with some of the things he's said and positions he holds.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
You are just kidding yourself if you think Hillary, Huckabee, Romney, Thompson, Obama, etc, etc, etc...are the answer to fixing what ails this country. Not a single one of them have the balls to shake the political system up and tear it to its foundation so that it can be rebuilt.

...And neither does Ron Paul.

To truly "shake the system up" we'd need to clean house. All 435 Congressmen, All 100 Senators. Give them pink slips and start over.

Since the POTUS doesn't have that authority, and they're never gonna vote to do it, nor relinquish power voluntarily, it'll never happen. Ron Paul can't do squat.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
haven't voted republican since 1992, but would vote for Paul

and yes I am a registered republican

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I love these threads if for no other reason than the fact that they get the extremists on both sides of the aisle all up in arms.

Neither of the 2 equally bad parties we have in this country want to see Paul or anyone like him be taken seriously in a run for the Presidency. Why? Because in the long run both of our "major" parties are no different than comparing Twinkies to Zingers. Yeah there is a slight difference in texture, but in the end they both leave you unsatisfied and feeling rotten inside.

Neither party wants real change for the good of the people. What they want is to maintain the status quo with a minor change here or there just to appear to be doing something when all they are really doing is perpetuating their power and continuing to screw the very people they are supposed to be serving.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The other replies to this post only further prove it true.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster

To truly "shake the system up" we'd need to clean house. All 435 Congressmen, All 100 Senators. Give them pink slips and start over.

Since the POTUS doesn't have that authority, and they're never gonna vote to do it, nor relinquish power voluntarily, it'll never happen. Ron Paul can't do squat.

Ron Paul alone can't do squat... Ron Paul, with the support of millions, can do a lot.

I will be voting against every incumbent.. except for the ones that seem to lean more towards Ron Paul values than the challenger.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Who cares if he can't do anything? He can sit in there all day and just veto everything that crosses his desk and we'd probably be better off then the current setup.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well Pabster has it partly right with---To truly "shake the system up" we'd need to clean house. All 435 Congressmen, All 100 Senators. Give them pink slips and start over.

My version includes GWB&co as job one, with congress as job two, and some reactionary judges as priority #3.

And when Pabster almost certainly gets a President he does not like come 11/4/08, I am sure he will come along to my way of thinking and change his priorities.

Even though she is definitely not my number one choice, it would almost be worth supporting Clinton just to see Pabster suffer. He loves it when GWB&co dishes it out but can he take when the shoe is on the other foot.?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
OMG! You Ron Paul Bots just don't get it! He has no support! :|

where did the 20 million come from?

oh i get it, you mean support from the good ole boys system. nope he does not have that.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Even though she is definitely not my number one choice, it would almost be worth supporting Clinton just to see Pabster suffer. He loves it when GWB&co dishes it out but can he take when the shoe is on the other foot.?

Fortunately, the DNC won't allow you to find out. :laugh:

Obama is well on the way to nomination. :thumbsup:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law

If Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination, I believe him when he says he won't run as an independent. An independent can't win, no matter how much money they raise.

In that scenario, I will vote for the Democrat regardless of who the Republican nominee is, because Paul is the only Republican that isn't a complete douchebag. If it's Hillary, so be it. I'd rather have her than any of the other Republicans.

Plus smearing Pabster's face in it would be too much fun. Maybe we'd get lucky and he'd just off himself.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

Mmmmm, I just like the sound of that part.:)

NaughtyGeek

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeff7

Me too. What do ya say, shall we?

Originally posted by: kedlav
Hi2U. Been there, tried that. Instead, I'm going to bitch about the RP bots in every RP thread.

Cool, free bumps.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Too bad Pabsters full of crap. If he really wanted to clean house, why would he be voting any Republican other than Paul? The rest of them are just typical politicians. You've got to start somewhere, why not with the president?

No, Pabster is just attempting to appear neutral while in fact he's wedged firmly in the GOPs asscrack.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: BoberFett

Too bad Pabsters full of crap. If he really wanted to clean house, why would he be voting any Republican other than Paul? The rest of them are just typical politicians. You've got to start somewhere, why not with the president?

No, Pabster is just attempting to appear neutral while in fact he's wedged firmly in the GOPs asscrack.

That would help explain the stench of his posts.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001

Gerrymandering is the biggest undiscussed problem in this country. It has slowed our political process, allowed idiots to stay in power, and, every day, hurts the voting power of American citizens.