Paul Manafort and special counsel close to deal for guilty plea

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/poli...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Washington (CNN)Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman embattled by criminal indictments, may no longer fight the charges related to his Ukrainian lobbying operation.

He and the special counsel's office are close to a deal for a guilty plea ahead of his upcoming trial, according to a source familiar with the matter. A deal is expected but the source cautioned the two sides have been close before.
The incentive appears to be to reach a deal ahead of a pretrial motion hearing scheduled for Friday and before jury selection begins Monday in DC District Court. That's also a week before Manafort and prosecutors make new filings in Virginia to discuss the charges and convictions he faces there.

well, well, what could this be? lol.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/13/giuliani-trump-manafort-plea-bargain-821797

"The prospect of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort cutting a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller's office to avoid a second criminal trial set to open next week doesn't concern President Donald Trump or his legal team, Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told POLITICO."

Trump also said he was willing to have a nice little talk with Mueller and we all know he really didn't mean that, so this latest stab of his at trying to appear confident, nonchalant and supremely defiant seems to be just as full of hot air as the former.

I admit that fluff stuff works really well with his base, but for yourself and the rest of us in this forum it's pretty transparent what Trump is doing and especially what Giuliani is up to, as he's already admitted what his intent is/was irt his efforts toward discrediting Mueller and his team.

Reactions: UberNeuman

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
oh, no. It's not going to be that easy for little Paul. lol.

So true. Trump is still slathering Manafort with compliments, words of encouragement and praise as a means of letting him know a pardon is already written up and ready to be signed IF he keeps his trap shut but Mueller has got Manafort by the short and curlies so being caught in that crossfire in the middle of no man's land has got to be extremely difficult for Manafort to navigate through.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Why? You think congressional Republicans are going to impeach and convict over Trump pardoning his crime syndicate? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

I'm not expecting congressional republicans to do their Constitutional duties. Manafort isn't going to be able to skate away when facing prosecution over state charges with a pardon . lol.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Of course the GOP is going to let him keep playing pretend dictator since he's their useful idiot in getting a right-wing agenda implemented.

as it has been since Trump took office. Time marches on. And it remembers traitors none too well.....