Patriots/Dolphins

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
In major league baseball, the record for games finishing out of first place is 66.5.

I wonder what the record is for the most games out of first place is in the NFL? (The most I found was 13 games here (Bucs) and here (Panthers).)

The Dolphins could finish 16 games out - a record that could never be broken unless they increased the number of regular season games.

Wow.

(As a 49ers fan, this makes me feel a little better.)

MotionMan

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
i had more fun reading about the odd baseball players names. cannonball titcomb and rusty kuntz. :laugh: even though rusty put the nail in the coffin against my padres in the '84 world series.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
The dolphins are an awful joke. They deserve to go 0-16.
They let my bills put up 38 points on them, 31 of them (well 32 if you count the PAT for the returned fumble).

Looking at the dolphins remaining 3 games, they have an excellent chance of going winless.

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: SampSon
They let my bills put up 38 points on them, 31 of them (well 32 if you count the PAT for the returned fumble).

Looking at the dolphins remaining 3 games, they have an excellent chance of going winless.

Were you going to finish your thought? 31 of them what?

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17

Were you going to finish your thought? 31 of them what?
oh, 31 of them offensive points.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003

They will beat the patriots... it is a fact... they have the only undefeated football team in the history of the nfl and the last time someone tried to break that (the patriots two years ago) the Dolphins spanked 'em...

TheNewbie

Jul 17, 2007
Fucking Dullphins (pun intended) are the biggest joke ever. What a humiliation they are for south FL.