Patreas: To report in Washington today.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
As for withdrawal...

But Powell told Sawyer a withdrawal might not be that simple, no matter who is president next year.

"(The president) will have to continue to draw down at some pace. None of them are going to have the flexibility of just saying, 'We're out of here, turn off the switch, turn off the lights, we're leaving,'" he said. "They will have a situation before them."
source: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote...tory?id=4622268&page=1

This is what many of us have known all along... Any candidate who promises to make it happen quickly, or even within the first couple of years of their term, is lying.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
And Palehorse74 says---If you honestly believe that we're not already using diplomacy, olive branches, deals, etc., NOW, then you've got your head stuck up your ass.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to think its you who is deluded. When we have a President running around telling our allies its his way or the highway, when we have a President insisting on a John Bolton for UN ambassador, when we have a Secretary of State
who pretends an Iranian diplomat is not in the room and pretends Abbas is the sole representative of the Palestinian people, and is widely regarded by the rest of the world as a complete hypocrite, liar and a power mad bully, what you have is not what diplomacy is built with.

Diplomacy and GWB&co. are almost complete opposites. However, coming from Palehorse74 who seems to come from the scream loudly and carry a big stick school of thought, its hardly surprising that a person who does not understand what diplomacy is would try to see diplomacy in a place where it does not exist.

Maybe the best illustration of that point is your rejection of even talking to the taliban. A diplomat tries to find some common ground and understandings, a GWB type only tries extermination becoming worse than the taliban in the process. With a diplomat we see the emphasis placed on other people and what motivates them, with a bully its all about them and making other people do what they think other people should do.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Diplomacy and GWB&co. are almost complete opposites. However, coming from Palehorse74 who seems to come from the scream loudly and carry a big stick school of thought, its hardly surprising that a person who does not understand what diplomacy is would try to see diplomacy in a place where it does not exist.
No matter how many times you attempt to paint me with the warmonger brush, it just wont stick; and your Holiday Inn Express knowledge on the the subject of the Taliban, somehow offered up as fact with a straight face, makes me f'n sick every time you mention it.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Once again palehorse74 bleats----No matter how many times you attempt to paint me with the warmonger brush, it just wont stick; and your Holiday Inn Express knowledge on the the subject of the Taliban, somehow offered up as fact with a straight face, makes me f'n sick every time you mention it.

If nothing else, palehorse74, the only thing that sticks to you is total failure.

And it just never seems to occur to you that part of that failure is due to your mindset and methods. And when your ideals can't even outsell those of the taliban's, by your own definition, you are a total failure. One does not have to be in the front row or playing to know who is losing, its sort of like listening to a basketball game played by 7 foot US giants against 3 foot tall pygmies. And when the pygmies are kicking your butts, we all know the pygmies can only be winning because they are playing against 7 foot tall mental midgets with learning disabilities. When that is the reality, it screams
out that its time for a new coach and new players for team USA. Players and coaches with brains for a change. Players and coaches that can openly and objectively examine their own past mistakes and learn from them so they will play smarter in future. And your only suggestion is to make the basketball court bigger.

It makes me f'n sick every time you mention it due to all the wasted lives and money.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Once again palehorse74 bleats----No matter how many times you attempt to paint me with the warmonger brush, it just wont stick; and your Holiday Inn Express knowledge on the the subject of the Taliban, somehow offered up as fact with a straight face, makes me f'n sick every time you mention it.

If nothing else, palehorse74, the only thing that sticks to you is total failure.

And it just never seems to occur to you that part of that failure is due to your mindset and methods. And when your ideals can't even outsell those of the taliban's, by your own definition, you are a total failure. One does not have to be in the front row or playing to know who is losing, its sort of like listening to a basketball game played by 7 foot US giants against 3 foot tall pygmies. And when the pygmies are kicking your butts, we all know the pygmies can only be winning because they are playing against 7 foot tall mental midgets with learning disabilities. When that is the reality, it screams
out that its time for a new coach and new players for team USA. Players and coaches with brains for a change. Players and coaches that can openly and objectively examine their own past mistakes and learn from them so they will play smarter in future. And your only suggestion is to make the basketball court bigger.

It makes me f'n sick every time you mention it due to all the wasted lives and money.

That was the worst analogy. Ever.

We're not even losing in Iraq...at this point, looking at the big and long term picture, right now the worst you could call it is a draw, with US maybe slightly ahead.

Your disdain for 'Bush&Co' and war is blinding you to reality...

Chuck

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
So Chucky2 says---That was the worst analogy. Ever.

We're not even losing in Iraq...at this point, looking at the big and long term picture, right now the worst you could call it is a draw, with US maybe slightly ahead.

Your disdain for 'Bush&Co' and war is blinding you to reality...

Reminds me a lot of Vietnam. When millions just like you insisted we were still winning until quite a while after Nixon pulled the plug.

What exact part of a 2 trillion dollar quagmire that has arguably killed more people than Saddam and Ossama did is a bad analogy? Or are you just like some other P&N posters and merely have to say something to make it undisputed true. No explanation or rational rebuttal necessary to support your position.

Do you remember when this was supposed to cost 50 billion tops and we were going to get greeted with flowers and candy? Those times have changed and evidently you have not.