Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 85 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm really enjoying legacy, probably the best temporary league yet. That would be a great feature of standard going forward.

Had an interesting experience this morning. I was using up three legacy keys where the level limit was rapidly approaching. Didn't really pay attention to which I used, but one of them was a nemesis. For some reason every rare ring that dropped in the five maps I ran (but one ring) was a prismatic. I know early on GGG changed it so they couldn't drop, I must have had either an early league or one of the keys had a special feature. Have to start paying more attention to them, I have been just stashing them while building my character.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Tried out Whispering Ice this league and like it a lot. I think I gravitate towards builds that I can jump in and face tank things like T10 breaches even if it doesn't clear maps quite as fast.

Level 85 and have found - 2ex, 1div, 1 6L (first ever), 4 5L, 1 rel key and a couple of 15-20c div cards. My rare drops however have been complete crap so far.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I'm having a problem with my build... I'm running lightning coil with 80 lightning resist. I'm running fortify with max damage reduction. I have 5000+ health. I have about 30% block with 7.5% spell block. I'm running maps with 7 endurance charges up pretty constantly. I also have 81 fire resist.

This is with about 2% leech off of 60k dps.

But I'm dying...

Possible problems: No stun immunity. This would cost me about 8-9 points to get to but maybe it's worth it? No chaos resist. Not sure how much I can improve this but I could probably swing about 30% if I bought some gear.

Should I try to get some stun immunity? I'm not really getting locked, but there are situations where my leech is just completely overwhelmed. It could be because of stun... Should I ditch the Alpha's Howl for Devoto's Devotion, dropping purity of fire for hatred? This would give me more DPS, more attack speed, more armor, and more chaos resist, but it drops my fire back to 76 and my lightning to like 79...

(This is a Cleave-Wings of Entropy Juggernaut build)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
No expert on this class but some things I see are:

- You only have around 30% block but aren't running any kind of damage debuff like enfeeble or temp chains. Maybe dump Purity of Fire if possible to run blasphemy + enfeeble or temp chains. Or you could try in your current boots CWDT level 1 + Ball Lighting Level 1-4 + COH + Temp Chains. That would go off all the time. Nearly everyone runs some kind of constant debuff which you don't have.

- If it's physical damage issue then I'd also dump one of your movement speed flasks for a chemists basalt flask of iron skin. Or Lion's Roar if the knock back is fine with Cleave.

- Are you really at Full Life enough to benefit from Melee Damage from Full Life? I'd assume you'd be constantly going up and down but I see other people using it with cleave I guess. Maybe dump one of your gems for AOE Support?

What is killing you exactly on what tier maps?

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
No expert on this class but some things I see are:

- You only have around 30% block but aren't running any kind of damage debuff like enfeeble or temp chains. Maybe dump Purity of Fire if possible to run blasphemy + enfeeble or temp chains. Or you could try in your current boots CWDT level 1 + Ball Lighting Level 1-4 + COH + Temp Chains. That would go off all the time. Nearly everyone runs some kind of constant debuff which you don't have.

- If it's physical damage issue then I'd also dump one of your movement speed flasks for a chemists basalt flask of iron skin. Or Lion's Roar if the knock back is fine with Cleave.

- Are you really at Full Life enough to benefit from Melee Damage from Full Life? I'd assume you'd be constantly going up and down but I see other people using it with cleave I guess. Maybe dump one of your gems for AOE Support?

What is killing you exactly on what tier maps?

I'm dying on 10's 11's generally to breaches or beyond mobs. I also sometimes just die to random packs (Once per 10 hours or so). It just seems like I'm taking more damage than I should be. Maybe switch out my vulnerability curse on hit to enfeeble... But it's also tempting to scrap the purity of fire and switch out the alpha's howl for a Devoto's Devotion. There are a few with the cleave enchantment for pretty cheap.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
If you could run Devoto's + a blasphemy setup I think you'd go much further. That's a huge reduction to incoming damage that's active all the time.

Last edited:

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I have not played since the version of those amulets came out that spawn monsters... You combine like 5 whites to get a 1 blue or something, then 5 blues to get 1 yellow... That is when I stopped playing. What has change since then? I have about 800 links saved up and at the time I was shooting for 1200 so I could 6 link. I remember running blasphemy + gem to make it an aura or something to reduce inc damage. Also ran Firestorm, which I really like... My resists are maxed, my crit damage is reduced 50% and armour is insane. Can tank almost anything. My damage is a bit low though...

so, I guess what i am asking is, has anything came out that would increase the power of my L85 character? I heard there are master levels or something. How do those work? Just looking for a quick summary of changes. Tried to search online, but found way too much to read. Just need a quick 'catch me up' to see if getting back into the game will be fun again.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
There are Ascendencies. Those will greatly increase your power, along with General power creep from items and skills being buffed.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
I'm so lost playing this game. I have a lvl 27-ish Templar that I'm trying to turn into a Flameblast Totem build (I'm somewhere in Act 2 at the moment - I haven't yet gotten the Flameblast gem thing). I really wanted to do an Essence Drain + Contagion build, but I read that the Scion is the best class for that build, and I cannot choose the Scion yet as I haven't gotten that far into the game (the lvl 27 is the highest I've ever gotten). I'm a total min-maxer, so I won't start the ED/Contagion build until I can play the Scion.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
You get flameblast at level 28 after a mission in Act 3 called "Sever the Right Hand". You're also incredibly overleveled for Act 2! But, that's not a huge deal.

And, you unlock the Scion in the Scepter of God (area in Act 3).

Wish me luck guys. I have a quad tab filled with leather belts. Going for HH tonight.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
so, I guess what i am asking is, has anything came out that would increase the power of my L85 character? I heard there are master levels or something. How do those work? Just looking for a quick summary of changes. Tried to search online, but found way too much to read. Just need a quick 'catch me up' to see if getting back into the game will be fun again.

Ascendencies, like mentioned above and jewels you place in your passive tree are probably the 2 most obvious power creep differences.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I'm curious if they not only include a base chance rate on something like a head hunter but also a limit as to how many can be "created" per day. Either by drop or by chance. Same goes for the div cards.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I doubt it. It's just a very low coefficient for chancing it. Also, not a single belt worth not throwing on the ground.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Is the labyrinth still mandatory to get the new classes? Or have they put a way around that? I quit because I hated that place so much and wonder if you can now bypass it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
You have to do the lab each difficulty per character. However, you only need to unlock each trial once per account per league, so it's a little better. Not much though. Apparently, their design philosophy for lab was some developers being like "oh, we all love Super Metroid, let's put that in POE! Sure, platforming is amazing in a game entirely pathfinding based and mazes are just what people like." Some f their designs are just so stupid.