Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 84 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Go to him in the library and under his dialog should be the option to purchase items. Then you'll see 3 tab with all quest gems you've unlocked sorted by color.

Per the wiki, scroll down to the very bottom of the quest notes and you'll see Siosa listed with a check mark for all classes.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Go to him in the library and under his dialog should be the option to purchase items. Then you'll see 3 tab with all quest gems you've unlocked sorted by color.

Per the wiki, scroll down to the very bottom of the quest notes and you'll see Siosa listed with a check mark for all classes.

Thanks!!! -- would have never have known you can buy from him. That was one of my biggest gripes when I used to play that certain things were only available to certain classes. Made no sense.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I've been online and playing, just nothing worth putting in the guild tab yet. Pushed Atziri hard the first couple days and made enough to respec my flameblast totem to Vaal spark. Just grinding currency ATM and likely spamming nemesis stones in shaped strand.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Besides tossing into guild stash or selling, is there something I can do with Leaguestones that are too low? Do they combine at all or ??
I have a bunch that I've surpassed at this point that are just wasting space.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Besides tossing into guild stash or selling, is there something I can do with Leaguestones that are too low? Do they combine at all or ??
I have a bunch that I've surpassed at this point that are just wasting space.

NEver mind -- just googled it. Seems there's a recipe for 3 stones that gives you a "mystery stone"

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
How are you liking the Pizza Sticks build? HC Viable?

Well, for somebody that hasn't played in a long while, it sure clears pretty damn fast.
I've died once, but that was in a breech and I didn't clear out the area first and I had just WAY too much and got buried in graphics and huge mobs.
I tend to be VERY careless too and just rush through things so with that in mind, I think it's pretty HC viable.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I don't like totem builds like pizza blast in HC. It's too easy to get swarmed in areas especially stuff like breaches. The builds don't leech very well(some at all) nor do they have serious defense. However, if you change up the skill tree some and give up damage then they get a lot better. I really prefer builds like Lazy Pally where you have a ton of defense and can sit in the middle of a breach without worrying.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
What do I do with all these essence drops? If I read right, they can be used on normal items to make them rare with special powers?
Assuming that's the gist of it, I assume they can not be removed from said item once applied?
Assuming that's all correct, any thoughts on what to use for the Fireblast build?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Essence is essentially a chaos orb with a guaranteed stat. Treat them as currency or hoard them for later use.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Essence is essentially a chaos orb with a guaranteed stat. Treat them as currency or hoard them for later use.
Gotcha - that makes it simple enough. Thanks.

I bought the essence stash tab so I'm just filling in my rainbow for now. Until I get some gear worth upgrading I guess.
sdcujc.png

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Pizzablast is decent in HC if you don't mind dropping totems and running back. It's not the "safest" in terms of the way the build is, but it's pretty safe in terms of mechanics.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I don't run breaches right now with my pizza blast character. Other than that I never die.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I don't run breaches right now with my pizza blast character. Other than that I never die.

Breeches are the ONLY place I have died thus far. Heck even the only place I've come close to dying (excluding stupid "traps" in the labyrinth)

Speaking of The Labyrinth, I went back and did the normal Lab this morning (sorta forgot about it)
Decided to go the Hierophant route as I just couldn't pass up the chance to run 4 totems. While Inquisitor makes more sense for end-game content, I doubt I will get that far along in this league. I just can't wait to drop 4 totems now and watch the explosions!

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Friday night was great! Made it through Merc Piety right before midnight and went to bed. The rest of the weekend wasn't so good... I'm almost level 82, but I've really dropped nothing. My best drop was a Queen of the Forest that my brother grabbed for his KotF build. Other than that I've dropped no exalts, no divines, no reliquaries. I've found only chaos or lower items and about 20 chaos total. Mapping has been okay. I've got two T7 maps, but the drops have been so terrible it's really been frustrating.

I am also having crappy luck so far but it doesn't matter because I am enjoying this league a lot more than other leagues.
Blue leaguestones are a blast :)
I am leveling Chieftain Warchief Facebreaker to farm Uber lab for helm enchants, only lvl 64 so far but will get some mapping in soon ;)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I think I'm building a Cleave Juggenaut next. Plan on running lightning coil, Alpha's Howl, Essence Worm, and Wings of Entropy. I think I can squeeze a decent dps build while having serious damage reduction.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I am also having crappy luck so far but it doesn't matter because I am enjoying this league a lot more than other leagues.
Blue leaguestones are a blast :)
I am leveling Chieftain Warchief Facebreaker to farm Uber lab for helm enchants, only lvl 64 so far but will get some mapping in soon ;)

I think Berserker far outshines Chieftain for AW Facebreaker in late game.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Hit 90 today and farming t11-12's :D Also got me a six-link shavs, flame golem build for the time being.

I've played waaaay too much so far, still zero exalt or reliquary keys. :(

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Fat man selling Exalt for 1,056 coins? Thank you sir!
Of course, I was short 89 and had to quick go to the market.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Hit 90 today and farming t11-12's :D Also got me a six-link shavs, flame golem build for the time being.

I've played waaaay too much so far, still zero exalt or reliquary keys. :(

No reliquary keys yet sucks... You should have between 1 and 2 at this point. I've got an 87 and an 83 so far and I've dropped one key. No exalts yet but I did 6-link my Wings of Entropy. Once I get a legacy Lightning coil then that character should be about complete. Stuck on T8 maps still though. I may not even break into red maps at this rate.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Was playing with a party last night farming Dried Lake in Merc. Two keys dropped -- none for me :(

Running 4 totems is a blast. It's just explosions and guts everywhere.
Started mapping and trying to figure out the Atlas. Just doing 1 of every map-type thus far.
Level 74. Have 1 great Kris, 5 link armor. Pretty tanky right now. Breeches I gotta slow down and pay attention though. Trying to figure out a good helmet for this Flameblast totem build though.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I think Berserker far outshines Chieftain for AW Facebreaker in late game.
Depends on your needs, my AW is for Uber lab farming only and the damage leech (not needing a kill) and regen make for safe Uber lab farming.
Just my 0.2c