Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 82 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
So I want to give another example of my map struggles...
I'm currently at 2095 map tiers. I just dropped my first T13 map.
I've been running my highest map except for about a 6 map break to run some overlapping sextants.
Working as intented?

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Maybe it's me but I really hate breaches. Unless I'm in a party I'm almost guaranteed to die every time and I prefer to solo. I'm having shoulder problems so playing a character with a lot of active arm motion puts me in agony, so I'm mostly using a flame totem or a flame blast toon. Either one gets overwhelmed almost immediately. But apparently others have mastered them as the economy is highly inflated now. Stuff I could buy for 10-40 chaos in prior leagues is now multiple exalts. My latest (and final) approach is to build my flame totem for a while longer (now level 77) to see if he can ever handle breaches. If not I'll probably step back from Path of Exile as I doubt I'll ever get to the high end material.

I was having the same issue.

Basically if you have to stop at any point to do anything while in a breach you die.

Also, are you riding the outside of the breach? If you are standing inside your chances of dying go up dramatically. Most people ride the outside edge of the breach as it expands if they don't have a good breach build.

Those running massive AoE totem, minion, or cyclone builds basically laugh at breaches. Only because those builds let you stay mobile the entire time while doing damage. If you can't do that in your build then ride the outside of the breach or don't do them until you can.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
So I want to give another example of my map struggles...
I'm currently at 2095 map tiers. I just dropped my first T13 map.
I've been running my highest map except for about a 6 map break to run some overlapping sextants.
Working as intented?
What do you have unlocked on the Atlas? Once I hit reds this league, I haven't gone more than one map in a row without getting another red drop, and generally I get 1 to 2 reds per run. You have to make sure you're running packsize.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
What do you have unlocked on the Atlas? Once I hit reds this league, I haven't gone more than one map in a row without getting another red drop, and generally I get 1 to 2 reds per run. You have to make sure you're running packsize.

Im at 60 unlocked in the Atlas. I ran every red map corrupted rare yesterday. Got about 8-9 done and now Im back at tier 9.
You seriously play a different game than I do lol

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Im at 60 unlocked in the Atlas. I ran every red map corrupted rare yesterday. Got about 8-9 done and now Im back at tier 9.
You seriously play a different game than I do lol
You have to be very unlucky then. I don't think I've ran an Estuary that didn't drop at least one red map. And, I'm just under 60 unlocked (57 or 58).

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
FYI I just dumped a number of junk uniques in Tab 4 of the Guild Stash (breach). These are good to use on the mission where you sell five uniques and get a new one.

One of my NY resolutions-clean up my stash a bit.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I had a slight dry patch with maps initially (around tier-5-6) but now I have 40+ red maps. (no tier 16 maps yet)
I am sitting at 104 on the Atlas and working on Tier 15 maps.
I should be able to hit 110 + quite easily. The only thing holding me back is the cost of rolling maps if you brick one. ;)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I had a slight dry patch with maps initially (around tier-5-6) but now I have 40+ red maps. (no tier 16 maps yet)
I am sitting at 104 on the Atlas and working on Tier 15 maps.
I should be able to hit 110 + quite easily. The only thing holding me back is the cost of rolling maps if you brick one. ;)

Dang... I was once up to around 20 red maps on standard. Now I'm back to zero... I don't know how you guys do it!

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Are you using sextants for additional mods?

Anyone Playing BHC? Just hit level 90 and am OK with dying anytime so looking for people to do some maps with. =]

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Dang... I was once up to around 20 red maps on standard. Now I'm back to zero... I don't know how you guys do it!

I try and run increased pack size and bloodlines if at all possible.
That seems to help. Sometimes I will go 3 maps with barely any maps and then others I will get 2 +1 and some returns

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Just when I'd finally saved up enough currency for a couple endgame items for my build... they suddenly went way up in price (like 3 exalts more each), both all of a sudden. Apparently something to do with a build Kripp or some other popular streamer just showed on stream...

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
PoE coming to console ( Xbox One ) and been in development past couple years.

Been playing on and off. Doing cospri CoC is kinda fun.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
PoE coming to console ( Xbox One ) and been in development past couple years.

The recent DirectX improvements are now making sense. I guess this will probably be a good thing for the game overall. I dont think there's much option on consoles for ARPGs. I can't think of anything besides Diablo.

On the matter of this league, I personally liked essence (my first league in PoE) a lot more than Breach. In Breach, I've been experiencing random freezes in some Breaches, usually they're OK but every 4th or 5th breach on average, my fps drops to nearly zero. It's not even having too many mobs on screen, I'll usually clear stuff pretty fast but I don't know what happens. I feel like my specs are more than enough to play this game that it's on the server end. Also had instance not found errors like 4 times this league, kinda sucks losing maps like that.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Eh,
I ripped on HC for the last time so I'm done for this league. I noticed something I've never paid much attention to before. I don't really play standard anymore and usually delete a toon when he dies but I could make a decent amount by transferring all my currency from BHC to standard. Just converting to exalted orbs would yield me a 3:1 ratio. Certain league specific uniques are around a 6-10:1 ratio. I could have moved around 30-35 exalt over to standard. Too bad standard is so blah.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Had an odd experience yesterday. I was doing a Zana daily mission and noticed that every drop but one (that showed up with my loot filter) was a rare ammy-all the same type. Only one other rare dropped (a ring). Ended up with 19 level 74 ammys from that one map, most of which I've already burnt up with the chaos recipe.

A couple of other maps the same day I noticed just one thing was dropping, but in those cases it was junk.

Don't think that has ever happened to me before.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
It's a bloodline mod - Keepers of the Trove

"Each monster drops a rare item of the same type."

It's the only good mod besides maybe Voidspawn of Abaxoth

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
So if you didn't check out the announcement for 3.0 please do so.

TEN ACTS!
There a lot more to it than that but seriously TEN ACTS!!!

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
From this article 3.0 looks like it will reinvigorate the game:

http://www.pcgamer.com/path-of-exil...on-adds-five-acts-and-a-whole-lot-of-deicide/

Note: double dipping will be eliminated which will kill a lot of mega builds. No timetable is announced but it looks to me like the rollout is a ways off-there will be a legacy league in-between.

There is a timetable for it. Currently Legacy leagues start March 3rd. Beta for 3.0 starts in April. 3.0 Released in June or July. Not super specific, but it gives us something to go off of!

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Heh I've been playing my brains out for the last several leagues. Lucked out and vaal'd +1 curse on a presence of chayula and made a quick 2 mirrors. Took maybe 15 tries so it wasn't as lucky as it seems.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Anyone doing anything cool for the Legacy League start? I'll be LAN partying with my brother and two friends. Should be a fun evening. Hoping to get to Merciless night one again and then to maps sometime the next day.