Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 81 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Cast while Channelling Flameblast is supposed to be really good, especially with Blade Fury.

I am probably going to go a lame poison BF trapper until I can find a way to get a CI Lightning Arrow char up and running.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Lol, this is a good league so far. Already got my 6L, had an EX drop, and oh, chanced a Skyforth.

But for the Skyforth, you did in one day what it took me a three month season last time. I hope you took time out to buy a powerball ticket that day-with that kind of luck.

I ended up starting two characters, a flameblast witch (who has probably set a record for deaths) and a BV assassin. Present plans are to run the assassin up to level 60 or so to farm some better stuff for the flameblaster.

BTW my heartfelt thanks to whoever left the lifesprig in the guild stash. Very expensive at the start of a league, but just what I needed to get both of them thru their baby levels.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Got to 80 this weekend thanks to an Untainted Paradise last night... I dropped 2 ex, a tabula, an eye of Chayula, and empower/empower/enlighten. Wasn't a bad weekend. I ended up going Blade Vortex for the first time and it was pretty easy mode. I'm just waiting to switch to CI at this point. I do want to try out the flame golem build they previewed if I can build up the currency.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Because I already have a 6L Disfavour and chest piece and it was only like 30c, I put a 6L bow in the guild stash if anyone needs it. It isn't one that can be easily colored for spell casters, but it's great starter for a trap build or possibly a ranger.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
So I've been playing a little every day. I decided to go Flame totem Marauder this league as suggested here earlier. I'm at cruel Act 4 now and I decided to pick up a cheap 5 link rather than try my hand at crafting. It's got 1k armor,+37 str, +40% armor inc., +34% fire res and +15% light res, and the gems were the color I wanted. Good buy for 1 chaos?

Edit: Also, how do I join our guild.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I've actually been playing a lot. I'm grinding for a 6-link at the moment... I'm a little less than 300 fusings in and I've been farming up between 50 and 100 a day so maybe by the end of the week I'll have it?

Breaches have been a welcome addition to the game. They basically give a breach ring, an alch or higher currency, and a 1/3rd to 1/2 change at a six socket each time you find one. That's a huge benefit to farming. They are also usually pretty fun. It took me too long to learn to keep moving in the Lightning breaches, but I don't die anymore now that I have that figured out.

I hit 87 or 88 yesterday but I'm stuck at tier 6-7 maps... I've played since closed beta and I've been on the extremely low spectrum of map drops every single league... I just don't understand how people drop higher tier maps at a decent rate. So I might grind out to 90 and quit this weekend. I absolutely love this game, but when you're 90+ running 6's and 7's the game is pretty dull.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
How much of the atlas do you have completed? Once I got to t10s, I never left them. Basically, do yellows and what you get from Zara to fill the holes and prey for the best. If you're BSC, I could let you jump in a few of my maps or do rotations if you want to stretch yours.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
How much of the atlas do you have completed? Once I got to t10s, I never left them. Basically, do yellows and what you get from Zara to fill the holes and prey for the best. If you're BSC, I could let you jump in a few of my maps or do rotations if you want to stretch yours.

I'm around 35% and I really prefer to run solo. I've been able to run five 10's but I've always dropped back down. I have 2 8's now after running a few maps last night. So I'll run those when I get home and see where I am. I just completely lost faith in the system after staying in standard last league, running hundreds of maps and never getting a T16 (I'm around 100% in standard on my atlas). I was just chiseling alching and going with my highest map. I really hate to burn chaos trying to get certain map mods but maybe that's the key?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Packsize is key. And using Zana to give you more as well. Bloodlines is best for returns. Also, you can only get a T16 from connected maps until you unlock them, so they start off pretty rare.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Packsize is key. And using Zana to give you more as well. Bloodlines is best for returns. Also, you can only get a T16 from connected maps until you unlock them, so they start off pretty rare.

I had a better night last night. Bumped right up to 10 on my first runs and stayed at 9-10 until I hit 89. No luck on my 6-link yet. I've been pumping between 50 and 100 fusings a day into it. Rogue One tonight so I won't make much progress. I did have my gems start to hit 20 though so I've got that to look forward to this weekend.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Finished merc and now just merc lab is left. Just started maps and I just found a Bino Knife. I linked it in global chat for a price check and a couple guys immediately msged with a variety of "I'll take it for 10/20/25 etc". One guy msged and said mine looks to be atleast 1 ex. So I looked it up on poe.trade. It seems my Bino got really good rolls, I've put it up for 1 ex for now.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Finished merc and now just merc lab is left. Just started maps and I just found a Bino Knife. I linked it in global chat for a price check and a couple guys immediately msged with a variety of "I'll take it for 10/20/25 etc". One guy msged and said mine looks to be atleast 1 ex. So I looked it up on poe.trade. It seems my Bino got really good rolls, I've put it up for 1 ex for now.

Nice. I wouldn't expect global chat to ever give good advice. Global 820 maybe (the Reddit sharing one) but most people will simply try and get over on you with lowball offers to noobs who don't know about Poe.trade. Trade is even worse, with the exception of currency sometimes. Everyone on Poe.trade is super stingy and will be offering the lowest amount. Be careful with Poe.trade though. Check how long the listings have been up and others around it. People are notorious for listing 5 or 6 items for a lowball price with no intention to sell simply to snatch up the people who undercut them and resell.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I didn't know there were different global channels, I'm going to look into it.

Already sold it for an Exalt. I knew it was worth a bit more just by looking at the rolls but now I can spend that currency right away. Also just found a Hand of Wisdom and Action right now and that one literally sold as soon as it got listed on poe.trade.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Hi. I feel like this one may be worth a lot. What do you guys think.

Foe Essence
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 72
--------
1% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
7% increased maximum Life
+10% to Fire and Cold Resistances
+12% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
--------

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Doubt it's worth a ton. Maybe 10c tops. The best jewels are life / energy shield and two synergistic damages (physical damage and damage with axes or something).

So, I searched Poe.trade and 30 total resistances are fairly cheap but 40 are in the 20-25c range. Now, I can't say if they are selling at those prices.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

Breaches have been a welcome addition to the game. They basically give a breach ring, an alch or higher currency, and a 1/3rd to 1/2 change at a six socket each time you find one. That's a huge benefit to farming. They are also usually pretty fun. It took me too long to learn to keep moving in the Lightning breaches, but I don't die anymore now that I have that figured out.
Maybe it's me but I really hate breaches. Unless I'm in a party I'm almost guaranteed to die every time and I prefer to solo. I'm having shoulder problems so playing a character with a lot of active arm motion puts me in agony, so I'm mostly using a flame totem or a flame blast toon. Either one gets overwhelmed almost immediately. But apparently others have mastered them as the economy is highly inflated now. Stuff I could buy for 10-40 chaos in prior leagues is now multiple exalts. My latest (and final) approach is to build my flame totem for a while longer (now level 77) to see if he can ever handle breaches. If not I'll probably step back from Path of Exile as I doubt I'll ever get to the high end material.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I've also built a Fire totem + searing totem marauder. No problems handling Breaches at all so far although sometimes I don't have enough DPS to burn down the really big dudes. Only die when I'm not paying proper attention or when the servers suddenly decide to lag me out.

While the Fire totems are good by themselves to handle mobs of units, it's amazing how fast the searing totem laser burns down bigger stuff.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Maybe it's me but I really hate breaches. Unless I'm in a party I'm almost guaranteed to die every time and I prefer to solo. I'm having shoulder problems so playing a character with a lot of active arm motion puts me in agony, so I'm mostly using a flame totem or a flame blast toon. Either one gets overwhelmed almost immediately. But apparently others have mastered them as the economy is highly inflated now. Stuff I could buy for 10-40 chaos in prior leagues is now multiple exalts. My latest (and final) approach is to build my flame totem for a while longer (now level 77) to see if he can ever handle breaches. If not I'll probably step back from Path of Exile as I doubt I'll ever get to the high end material.
Some builds don't handle Breaches as well as others. They really drop a ton of currency though, so currency is a bit devalued. It might simply be you aren't leveled enough or have enough damage to handled them. I was having issues early on while leveling, so I skipped most of them until I hit like 58ish on my EQ. Then, I destroyed them.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
And I just chanced my 2nd Skyforth of the league... After I did the first, I literally just filled up a tab with sorc boots and once that was done, tried again.