Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 69 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Had a Reach of the Council drop off last night's Pale Court run.

Decided to try to 5L it, figured maybe I'd make an archer next.

6L in 15 fus. First 6L I've ever crafted, got Well Connected.

Guess I am making an archer next!

brentw

Jun 28, 2005
To be fair, I've hit 90 this league and spent at least 3ex in chaos rolling maps + bloodlines mod on every t9+ map.

I've had 3 t15 map drops this league and found myself able to chain red maps as long as I rolled packsize + modded bloodlines on every map. Shit is expensive but you reap what you sow.

The brittle emp card came from a wasteland voll kill, it's still rare as fuck there but it's far more common than dried lake voll dropping it.

I'm level 89 for the first time. About to reach 90. I have yet to have a single red map drop. All i've been doing is alching the highest maps I have and running them. Should I start running the bloodlines mod to get some higher maps to drop? When should I chisel these maps?

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
T8+ maps: chisel
T9+ maps: reroll if no packsize mods, bloodlines mod them.

That's how I hit red maps and stayed there this league.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So I am giving Mathil's Facebreaker Shield charge a go and man, this is without a doubt one of the quickest leveling, area clearing character's I have ever played. :D
I cannot wait until I can get some more Ascendancy points. :thumbsup:

brentw

Jun 28, 2005
T8+ maps: chisel
T9+ maps: reroll if no packsize mods, bloodlines mod them.

That's how I hit red maps and stayed there this league.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a certain number of times I should chisel a map? I've actually never chiseled anything. Is it a one time use, similar to alts, chroms, etc?

On T9+ maps, first I alch for packsize mods. If I get no packsize mods, then chisel before putting the bloodlines mod on them from zana?

brentw

Jun 28, 2005
So I am giving Mathil's Facebreaker Shield charge a go and man, this is without a doubt one of the quickest leveling, area clearing character's I have ever played. :D
I cannot wait until I can get some more Ascendancy points. :thumbsup:

How is the single target DPS? I've heard this is a problem with shield charge builds.

By the way, I use shield charge as my movement skill and to apply fortify but EQ as my primary DPS.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Thanks for the reply.

Is there a certain number of times I should chisel a map? I've actually never chiseled anything. Is it a one time use, similar to alts, chroms, etc?

On T9+ maps, first I alch for packsize mods. If I get no packsize mods, then chisel before putting the bloodlines mod on them from zana?

If chisel first as it takes less. Then alch, chaos until decent mods then bloodlines.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
How is the single target DPS? I've heard this is a problem with shield charge builds.

By the way, I use shield charge as my movement skill and to apply fortify but EQ as my primary DPS.

Will let you know once I get higher but this build uses a 4L Ancestral Warchief that is meant to assist on bosses and at level 41 it's already doing almost 4k dps.
This build will shine at map clearing and when you tackle a boss use the Warchief.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So Shield charge + Ancestral Warchief + Slayer leech = very strong Lab runner.
I completed Cruel lab last night at level 52. :)

brentw

Jun 28, 2005
If chisel first as it takes less. Then alch, chaos until decent mods then bloodlines.

I have yet to have a red map drop. I'm spending approximately 6 chaos (chisels, alch, a few chaos to reroll till I say screw it, and 3c for bloodlines) per map level 9 - 11. Extremely frustrated at the currency investment with zero reward.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I have yet to have a red map drop. I'm spending approximately 6 chaos (chisels, alch, a few chaos to reroll till I say screw it, and 3c for bloodlines) per map level 9 - 11. Extremely frustrated at the currency investment with zero reward.

Are you rolling packsize? 10% packsize is worth more than 50% quantity when it comes to map drops, assuming at least 50% quant already.

brentw

Jun 28, 2005
Are you rolling packsize? 10% packsize is worth more than 50% quantity when it comes to map drops, assuming at least 50% quant already.

After wasting several chaos and not hitting packsize I stop wasting my chaos and just go with it.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Ancestral Warchief/Shield charge is serious dps... its proccing over 40k dps now at lvl 15 ....
Thats not counting the 5-6k from Shield charge - without Abyss lol.
This combo allowed to me to complete Merc lab at lvl 64 with only 3800 life.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
My Reach Raider is doing nicely. DPS is high enough to kill lower tier map bosses nearly instantly. Sadly I can't grab more frenzies until I get the scion life cluster, so I've got about 10 levels of pure life nodes to grab now. (74 currently at 3900 life)

Kintsugi is crazy good and Reach of the Council is just broken.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Did a full key uber lab run + deathless Atziri on my raider at 80 today.

Build is so dumb.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Got a second Reach from the Pale Court, leveling an Oro's Flicker alongside Aqua's new archer :p

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
Ripped on Cruel Lab with the first 2 toons in PHC. Took a break for awhile and now I'm going with a good ol' BM Flame Totem Chieftain. I haven't played any totem builds since the Ascendancy Classes released. Looks interesting....and safe :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
If you want a hilarious totem build, play Oro's Sacrifice Warchief Totem Chieftain.

Your totems are immune to reflect and do silly damage, you get free automatic endurance charge generation and psycho regen.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
As an avid D2 player and disappointed D3 fan, I just installed and started playing this. I may be behind on the times, but so far it's pretty damn fun. I can see how the customization of characters is already way better than D3 ever was. If you wanna show me the ropes a bit, or start a new char ... PM me!

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Just be prepared to brick wall your first (few) characters because the learning curve is LONG in this game.

I have over 2000 hours and I still learn new things with every character.

Let me know your character name and I can guild invite you!

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Just be prepared to brick wall your first (few) characters because the learning curve is LONG in this game.

I have over 2000 hours and I still learn new things with every character.

Let me know your character name and I can guild invite you!

Omg, the skill tree is INSANE. I just made it to act 3, level 24 witch. Played about 2. 5 hours or so. I died once to those crazy saws in the floor in some dungeon. My thoughts so far is that u like it - the gameplay is identical to D2 when that came out. Everyone partied up to run through stuff. I'm not sure if there are common type runs (like people ran bloody foothills at first, mephisto runs, pindle, etc) just for items or not. I'm glad the trade channel is back. I'm glad pvp is a thing.

All of the good stuff they got rid of from D2 in D3 just ran me away. It was really bad. Pvp in D2 was great. Hardcore in D2 was great because of pvp. It made you stay on your toes and not feel safe all the time. But yea... I really enjoy this. The learning curve seems huge. There's just so much different stuff even though the gameplay is so similar. I have so many questions it's not even funny. I'm hitting the sack though, so I'll continue this tomorrow

My char name is AgentCraka