Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
PSC, I don't have the patience for hardcore.

Got a catalyst today in one run. Then Xiandre talked me into doing a couple mystery boxes. Opened two, got fireworks then raven wings.

LOL

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

Got a catalyst today in one run. Then Xiandre talked me into doing a couple mystery boxes. Opened two, got fireworks then raven wings.

LOL

Yeah rub it in why don't you o_O

On another note, completed Merc Lab at lvl 71... use the Skull, pick my Ascendany points, "BAM" !!! rollback... grrr
Ok fine redo get my points with a speed run with friend.
Now I can start mapping without fear of constantly one-shotting myself :D

brentw

Jun 28, 2005

LOL

It's hardcore or bust for me. I have yet to die for reasons beyond my control (crash, lag, etc.) so I have yet to have a bad taste left in my mouth. I learn from every single death. Depending on the time left in the temp league, I usually already have builds in mind for when, not if, I die. Upon death I immediately delete the character and roll another.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
It's hardcore or bust for me. I have yet to die for reasons beyond my control (crash, lag, etc.) so I have yet to have a bad taste left in my mouth. I learn from every single death. Depending on the time left in the temp league, I usually already have builds in mind for when, not if, I die. Upon death I immediately delete the character and roll another.

That's one way to do it... :D

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Got mah purple weapon last night. Got like 8 challenges to go for the monkey.

I promised myself no alts until 36 challenges. I love alt characters so I hope I hit 36 soon!

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Got our 8 mod maps challenge done tonight.

Endgame lab trials are pissing me off. I've been buying up the prophecy that forces a trial to spawn but we keep getting the same 2 trials. Just bad luck but it's obnoxious, we have a dozen endgame lab keys but only half the trials done.

Btw we're throwing lots of unid uniques in the guild bank, if you want to get that challenge done quickly, just ID them and put them back.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Got the twinned map challenge done tonight.

HOLY FUCK twinned T15 Kaom was hard. And he's the easy boss of the three T15s to do twinned for builds without heavy phys mitigation.

Def skipping endgame grinds and div cards but 36 is looking attainable this league.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Finally got my footprints. Need to grind out the rest of the challenges to get to 24 and I'm done worrying about them.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Up to 34 now! Just need 90 and either prophecy chains or complete encounters 4. Fuck the other ones.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I am considering running a Shield Charge Facebreaker build. Not sure which one to run though.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Has anyone else been having this problem? When I log onto a character it takes a very long time to load-the character will be there, but belt is empty and can't move. After a minute or so everything loads but when I move a few steps in town I inevitably get booted out to the account login screen. Second load of character goes fine, no problems.

It's pretty much 100% of the time for me now.

I also run into long lag/loading if I port into the main town, especially in Merciless Act 3 or 1.

I also get dumped out of games occasionally but nowhere near as much.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Care to elaborate?

It's absolutely silly and 100% broken. And, despite talking big, GGG will never nerf Cast on Crit. They've already stated minor nerfs to it have caused the largest drops in playerbase in the past. Plus, it really only becomes substantially better than any of the top builds once you have put in significant currency.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Found a Voltaxic and decided Pierce LA wasn't needed enough to sway me so I rerolled. Storm Cloud, btw, is incredibly OP. And the upgraded version will be even more so.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Changed title to Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Moderator Aigo

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
I used to play hardcore exclusively, but with all the labyrinth BS and repetitive crap you need to do to level up a character it's just become so much less fun that I'd rather play softcore and stick with 1-2 characters.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Just getting back from a work trip that has left me unable to play. I'm thinking that I'll just wait until the next league, maybe play dark souls 3 until then.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Just getting back from a work trip that has left me unable to play. I'm thinking that I'll just wait until the next league, maybe play dark souls 3 until then.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This league is fine for diving right in.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
So I made like 5ex today. Sold brittle emp for 2ex 25c and made about 170c in other sales today.

Also Aqua found an exalt and got a voidheart. Pretty good day I'd say.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
To be fair, I've hit 90 this league and spent at least 3ex in chaos rolling maps + bloodlines mod on every t9+ map.

I've had 3 t15 map drops this league and found myself able to chain red maps as long as I rolled packsize + modded bloodlines on every map. Shit is expensive but you reap what you sow.

The brittle emp card came from a wasteland voll kill, it's still rare as fuck there but it's far more common than dried lake voll dropping it.