Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 62 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
If you haven't played in a Flashback league before and you enjoy encounters then you are in for an absolute treat. When all the mods are in at the end of the two weeks you'll be seeing things like ghosted exiles or warbands and all sorts of fun stuff you don't normally get to see. It's certainly a bit harder, but it's more loot, and more fun than the normal league. You won't want it to end :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If you haven't played in a Flashback league before and you enjoy encounters then you are in for an absolute treat. When all the mods are in at the end of the two weeks you'll be seeing things like ghosted exiles or warbands and all sorts of fun stuff you don't normally get to see. It's certainly a bit harder, but it's more loot, and more fun than the normal league. You won't want it to end :)

Sounds like fun. I just have such limited time to play as of late, we'll have to see. I don't even know when it starts?....

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

Its just going to suck with less currency. I have around 4-5 Ex easily to spend for my Ice chaos trapper but that will not be available in the 2 week.
I understand there will be more mobs, but I doubt I will get 4 EX in 2 weeks, especially considering I will need more for leveling etc.
It does sound like a lot of fun though.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Its just going to suck with less currency. I have around 4-5 Ex easily to spend for my Ice chaos trapper but that will not be available in the 2 week.

I understand there will be more mobs, but I doubt I will get 4 EX in 2 weeks, especially considering I will need more for leveling etc.

It does sound like a lot of fun though.

You could it's do a cheap ice trapper. I think I spent maybe 60c total on him. 40c on a 6L, 15c on divination dagger, and 5c on random stuff. It's super cheap and really good.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
You could it's do a cheap ice trapper. I think I spent maybe 60c total on him. 40c on a 6L, 15c on divination dagger, and 5c on random stuff. It's super cheap and really good.

I think we are playing different games... 6L are very seldom 40c.
Got any build links for a cheap Ice trapper?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I think we are playing different games... 6L are very seldom 40c.
Got any build links for a cheap Ice trapper?

Ones that aren't iLvl 72+ or rolled are in PSC.

I'll have to look up mine when I get home. It's crit shadow. I believe I went life / es. And with the exception of weapon, shield, and the new trap gem, it's all easy to get items. You could easily do a tabula until you get enough currency to grab a 6L.

And just looked it up, Eva / es iLvl 80 6L 45c. Armor / Es iLvl 100 30c.

Last edited:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
They wont get that cheap during the 2 week. Prices are that low because the league is old.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I'm never sure on pricing... But my guess would be that prices will quickly approach Perandus prices since this league dumps into it at the end. However, the first couple of days will be chaotic as they always are in a new league. The people at the top will feed off the people at the bottom, but if you drop an exalt in the first 3 days or so you should be able to buy most things on the market for it.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Going to pass on the two week league. Playing two semi-babies in hardcore pernancus (SSP?) now, which is a blast-and a change of pace as I have tended to care very little about deaths in softcore.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Splurged out of the gate for my spark and bought a Victario’s Acuity (40C). Frenzy and Power charges just mow down the vermin.

I actually had a portal gem drop in Act 3 of normal. Don't think that's a regular occurrence.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Rolling my toon shortly for the 2 week event. Picking a new build as always :) Going with a Oro's Flicker strike build mainly because its really cheap to build.

Last edited:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Splurged out of the gate for my spark and bought a Victario’s Acuity (40C). Frenzy and Power charges just mow down the vermin.

I actually had a portal gem drop in Act 3 of normal. Don't think that's a regular occurrence.

I had one drop earlier this week, also in Act 3 normal or earlier. I traded it off. What in the world do you do with these things-other than not have to carry portal scrolls?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I just started playing last night, as a witch since that is the only free character for new players. I'm set up as ranged (fireball, spark, tendrils) and pets (zombies).

It's fun so far: I like how gems level up with use and how sockets don't bind gems to the item you place them into. The system of trading items for fractional scrolls and orbs is reasonable, and the loot drops for a lowbie seem decent.

The only annoyance to me so far is the map, the transparent low-detail overlay makes it a little hard to navigate. That and the tiny inventory area.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I just started playing last night, as a witch since that is the only free character for new players. I'm set up as ranged (fireball, spark, tendrils) and pets (zombies).

Huh? Everything except the Scion should be available. Did you try clicking on the others?

It's fun so far: I like how gems level up with use and how sockets don't bind gems to the item you place them into. The system of trading items for fractional scrolls and orbs is reasonable, and the loot drops for a lowbie seem decent.

The only annoyance to me so far is the map, the transparent low-detail overlay makes it a little hard to navigate. That and the tiny inventory area.

Yeah, the map and limited inventory are a bit annoying, but you get used to them. If you end up really liking the game and want to splurge a few dollars for extra stash inventory slots, wait until a weekend. There is almost always a sale on premium and standard tabs.

There is also a ton of vendor recipes and things you may want to look up.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Huh? Everything except the Scion should be available. Did you try clicking on the others?

All choices except the Witch were dimmed for me. Either I just couldn't figure out the UI (which is possible) or they unlock after completing X parts of the story.

I was planning to make a ranged caster anyway, so I wasn't really bothered by it.