Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Man didn't realize how cheap things are this league. Atziri's Disfavor is like 3 ex unsocketed / unlinked. I know my next purchase...

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Man didn't realize how cheap things are this league. Atziri's Disfavor is like 3 ex unsocketed / unlinked. I know my next purchase...

Yeah the Fat man's introduction definitely had an impact.
Only very good rares are selling, the so so ones are very slow to sell.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Yeah the Fat man's introduction definitely had an impact.
Only very good rares are selling, the so so ones are very slow to sell.

Cadiro didn't have as much impact as most people seem to think...
The economy had already crashed the past two leagues and by crashed I mean pretty much every item was available for three or less exalts. Cadiro and the premium tab trade features have certainly had an impact, but not nearly as much as people think. The economy had already bottomed out before they showed up.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
The economy had already crashed the past two leagues and by crashed I mean pretty much every item was available for three or less exalts. Cadiro and the premium tab trade features have certainly had an impact, but not nearly as much as people think. The economy had already bottomed out before they showed up.

If anything it opens up a lot of builds that were not available to most players due to the cost of required pieces.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

Cardio has plummeted the price of items otherwise not readily available for most players. Things gated by either randomness in a map or end game content are now being pumped into the hands of the greater than 1%. Honestly, I think it's great.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Yeah I'm ok with it, I just wonder what happens in the next league. I want the whole perandus thing to go away but I do like the extra uniques that you can work for.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I wish they'd bring back something similar to beyond. Def my favorite mechanic. I played HC just for that.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I really think the biggest impact on the economy isn't the fat man, I think it's that

1) things are WAY easier to sell due to the in-game tabs. Hell I was often too lazy to sell items through procurement before. Now any idiot can do it.
2) The overall number of players is the highest it has ever been. More players means more loot.
3) Goto 1

I still sell items regularly -- either 1C or 1A. Simple as that. I don't mess around with any other prices unless it truly deserves it.

I really find the best selling time is mornings ESPECIALLY on the weekends.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I really think the biggest impact on the economy isn't the fat man, I think it's that

1) things are WAY easier to sell due to the in-game tabs. Hell I was often too lazy to sell items through procurement before. Now any idiot can do it.
2) The overall number of players is the highest it has ever been. More players means more loot.
3) Goto 1

I still sell items regularly -- either 1C or 1A. Simple as that. I don't mess around with any other prices unless it truly deserves it.

My procurement before public tabs was literally "1c b/o" and a forever barren "any thing more" lol.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

3) Goto 1

This....

I get screwed due to time difference but on Weekends I can sell.
Now I just need to get some good drops hehe.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Cardio has plummeted the price of items otherwise not readily available for most players. Things gated by either randomness in a map or end game content are now being pumped into the hands of the greater than 1%. Honestly, I think it's great.

No he hasn't... The prices of items had hit the floor 2 leagues before Perandus. Cadiro lowered them a little, Premium tabs lowered them a little, but normal uniques and rares were already down to a chaos each. Rare uniques were already under an ex each and premium uniques were a couple of ex. Cadiro really didn't impact things very much. People just think he did because they did not notice the economic crash the leagues before...

I'm not saying this is bad. I believe it's a deliberate design choice by GGG to cater towards casuals. Their crafting economy between 6-links and corrupted items and league specific items is still strong enough to support hardcore players. So I'm perfectly okay with them letting the economy bottom out like it has.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Was on this morning to do a map or two and sold THREE things in under 30 mins.
(for a whopping 1C and 2A)

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Sold my 3rd Drillneck yesterday. Cardio loves giving me them for less than 12c in coins. Too bad I haven't hit the +1 arrow yet. Thankfully I haven't blown up any either.

Also, got a call of the brotherhood that sold quick and a poor joys.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Sold my 3rd Drillneck yesterday. Cardio loves giving me them for less than 12c in coins. Too bad I haven't hit the +1 arrow yet. Thankfully I haven't blown up any either.

Also, got a call of the brotherhood that sold quick and a poor joys.

My Luck has been horrid with Cardio... lol
Keep on getting Rare items.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Just hit 36 challenges. In an attempt to put down the game I vaal'ed my 6l carcass jack and bricked it. Still have about 10+ ex other stuff to sell and deleted the character.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Just hit 36 challenges. In an attempt to put down the game I vaal'ed my 6l carcass jack and bricked it. Still have about 10+ ex other stuff to sell and deleted the character.

Why would you delete the character? :eek:

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Like I said, I bricked my 6-link.. Not saving up for another, selling all the pieces now. Already have another build that I've started that's actually fairly cheap.