Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 52 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Exactly -- I have 2 toons in standard that could seriously use this money.

The whole point of leagues is to exploit the cheap economy for standard. Items that won't sell in standard are worth a few chaos in leagues and the more expensive items are significantly cheaper simply due to the lower total currency available.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
STARTING maps at 75? I'm level 79 and am running T4/5 maps quite routinely.

Drops seem to vary day by day. I mean some days it's just crazy with high value orbs everywhere and orange as far as the eye can see. Then other days it's just yellows and alts. Drives me nuts.

I gotta get my hands on more whetstones though. I got 2 pages of hammers to upgrade.

I overleveled when I had many attempts in the first Lab in Normal.
However like Smackababy said, Dried lake is well worth farming for XP.
I also had only 3 maps drop by level 70 until some person handed me a variety of maps.
Another thing is that the XP is Merciless Lab is quite good and lots to kill :)

Pandasaurus

Aug 19, 2012
And today I learned... You can use Fortify and Melee Splash with Stone Golem. The amusement factor is increasing every day.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Fortify is amazing on non-flame golems. Huge survivability increase. Fortify + minion life + minion resists and golems just rarely die.

Golems do shit for damage so sadly stuff like melee splash are not worth the sockets.

Pandasaurus

Aug 19, 2012
Wait... what?

Yeah. Exactly my initial thought. I've been farming Aquaduct/Normal (c'mon RNG, just a couple more Humility...), and the damage my golem is putting out now is silly. To be fair, I'm a bit over-leveled for the zone now (I think I'm in the low 40's now?), but it's still silly.

Also, keep in mind... Fortify is a damage boost as well as survivability.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I actually might drop flame golem and pick up this combo.

Was planning on adding enfeeble to my blasphemy/enlighten/curse link but mana is a problem still.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I actually might drop flame golem and pick up this combo.

Was planning on adding enfeeble to my blasphemy/enlighten/curse link but mana is a problem still.

LOVE my Stone Golem. (and I haven't even tried this fortofy option yet)

If anyone wants a (near) fully leveled Stone Golem gem I got one for ya. I just replaced my lvl19 for a lvl18 6% quality (7% damage increase)

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Toss it in the guild stash and I'll pick it up.

Anyone have experience with the scepter that ads iron will and 1% dmg per 8 strength? Was considering dropping a shockwave totem with culling strike and item rarity into one.

I'm currently running a similar 4l mf flame totem in a geofris

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So Caustic Arrow is starting to really shine. Tooltip dps is 10.1k with only flame golem out.
With 4 frenzy charges it's around 11.6k and that's not counting concentrated effect. :)
This is while running around with 120+- IIR and 32 IIQ and 4400 life at lvl 79.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Thanks for answering all my questions this morning Jax, I appreciate all the help.

Sorry I left abruptly- the game ran out of memory and crashed... I'm in the process of reinstalling Windows 7 because 10 no longer works for me, both the HDD is at 100% and the memory usage goes up until it crashes, darned thing.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Soon I'm gonna roll a shadow sabatuer that uses dual consuming dark daggers and ice trap. Looks absolutely insane.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Started my cyclone marauder last night. If any of you guys happen upon a Kaom's two handed axe, let me know. I'll gladly buy it off you.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
So I'm doing one more map early this morning, doing a Crypts map with surprisingly good drops. I come across the fat guy and figure "yet another crappy offer" but was I wrong-Vaults of Atziri map for 155 coins! Ran one more map later, he offered five orbs of fusing for 4 coins. Maybe today is the day to talk to him, who knows.

BTW if anyone wants to party with me on the Vault map send me a PM. I think it would be a fun guild thing to do. Probably will do it some evening (US East time) later this week.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Vaults is just a loot grab. Kinda boring really.

Smack: Hezmana axe > Kaom's. Free blood magic for attacks, slightly more phys damage.