Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1594657/page/1

When you open his skill tree you might need to open up the tree in an offline poe builder, not sure if its fixed.

Keeping in mind that you can tweak how much HP you take and instead take more damage nodes.
The main thing is to have Drillneck + Pierce Gem + Pierce nodes to hit 100% pierce chance.
Frenzy until stacks are maxed, CA until dead. :)

I am nervous about how long Empower is going to take to level as it does nothing at level 1. :(

That's why I choose the +1 to gems over the +2 to bow skills. Empower gets level 2 from the get go and you get the +2 on CA.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Specifically, get a haku weapon with 6% quality to support gems, put it in your back slot, and enjoy 30% increased xp on empower!

+2 bows and +1 gems have the same outcome if you have empower in your links. No reason to prioritize +1 gems when empower levels faster in a haku weapon swap

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Specifically, get a haku weapon with 6% quality to support gems, put it in your back slot, and enjoy 30% increased xp on empower!

I had no idea about this. Now I gotta shop tonight :)

Edit: googling a bit, are you sure this works in the alternate slot? Some posts (albeit older ones) saying that it only works in active hand?

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I had no idea about this. Now I gotta shop tonight :)

Edit: googling a bit, are you sure this works in the alternate slot? Some posts (albeit older ones) saying that it only works in active hand?

The swappable weapon slots do gain XP. I've leveled tons of gems using it.

+2 bows and +1 gems have the same outcome if you have empower in your links. No reason to prioritize +1 gems when empower levels faster in a haku weapon swap

Not true. A +1 gems with an empower will have the same effect on the CA, but the rest of your support gems also get +1, which is helpful.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The swappable weapon slots do gain XP. I've leveled tons of gems using it.

I'm not saying that they don't level -- I've been using them to level gems too. I was saying I never knew about the Haku 6% leveling "trick" and from what I read I get confused on if it works or not.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I'm not saying that they don't level -- I've been using them to level gems too. I was saying I never knew about the Haku 6% leveling "trick" and from what I read I get confused on if it works or not.

It only works on gems that benefit in XP from quality.

Though, if you had two empowers, it would be trivial to test. Simply put one in a Haku stick and another in a normal weapon. Do a run and see if they match.

Last edited:

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
No. Put it in your secondary weapon -- the "X" key.

Even if you don't use that weapon, the gems in it level. I 6S staff in there that I keep gems in so they level. Probably gems I will never use, but maybe with a different build or something.

Wow.... this I did not know.... :eek:

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
That's why I choose the +1 to gems over the +2 to bow skills. Empower gets level 2 from the get go and you get the +2 on CA.

So +1 to bow gem and +1 to gems bow + empower (5L) is better than a +2 to bow gems and no level 2 Empower?

What level Haku for this?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
So +1 to bow gem and +1 to gems bow + empower (5L) is better than a +2 to bow gems and no level 2 Empower?

What level Haku for this?

At face value, a +1 to gems bow will be identical than a +2 to bow skills if you have a level 1 empower linked. The other links, however, are what sets it apart. I'd need to do the math to determine if you make up for something like concentrated effect's extra damage in that slot with the other gems +1. And, what levels also matter.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
While correct that +1 helps supports *and* gives +1 to main skill with Empower, if you only have a level 1 empower, put it in a haku weapon in the back slot, use a +2 bow, and don't waste a main skill link on a level 1 empower.

ANY useful extra support will vastly outweigh the value of the +1 to other support gems. No support gem scales that well.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
In other news, one of my friends found a Shavronne's Wrappings on fatman. I spent about 100 chaos on coins to buy it. Still cheaper than the 3+ exalts it's going for normally.

Leveling an occultist now to use it. Leaning towards Freezing Pulse for a main skill.

Also completed Celestial Justicar on my Marauder, using a 6L Sunder now, shit is INSANE. I'm doing 70k DPS as an RT 2H build with a Hezmana's axe with 6k passive armor, 7 endurance charges, soul of steel (4% phys mitigation passive near Unwavering), and 5250 HP. I fear nothing!

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Finally jumped on standard perandus. Trying to make a mf incinerate build but kinda shooting from the hip.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
While correct that +1 helps supports *and* gives +1 to main skill with Empower, if you only have a level 1 empower, put it in a haku weapon in the back slot, use a +2 bow, and don't waste a main skill link on a level 1 empower.

ANY useful extra support will vastly outweigh the value of the +1 to other support gems. No support gem scales that well.

So unless the +1 brings the support gem up a lot, +2 to bow gems is better...?

In other news, one of my friends found a Shavronne's Wrappings on fatman. I spent about 100 chaos on coins to buy it. Still cheaper than the 3+ exalts it's going for normally.

Leveling an occultist now to use it. Leaning towards Freezing Pulse for a main skill.

Also completed Celestial Justicar on my Marauder, using a 6L Sunder now, shit is INSANE. I'm doing 70k DPS as an RT 2H build with a Hezmana's axe with 6k passive armor, 7 endurance charges, soul of steel (4% phys mitigation passive near Unwavering), and 5250 HP. I fear nothing!

Stop showing off lol. Also go Chaos freezing pulse :")

Finally jumped on standard perandus. Trying to make a mf incinerate build but kinda shooting from the hip.

Try and read a couple guides on skill/gem progression... even if just for some basic help. You will be happy later.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Yeah I saw a few shaky ones. Starting to get more of a handle on things in general. Have a few high 70s toons on standard.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Yeah I saw a few shaky ones. Starting to get more of a handle on things in general. Have a few high 70s toons on standard.

I love the fact that due to the depth of the game, you are always learning something new. :)
I have no where near as many as some but I have the following....67,79,84,57,77,87,83,69 and a 62. (also a baby 27) :cool:

Techie14

Dec 19, 2015
How much mf do you guys have? Think I am around 70 mf but does not really have a big effect. Maybe still much too low?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Your LIFE/Resists must be very low hehe.

I think life is 3.2K or around there.
Resists are 75/67/59%
Not all that bad really.

With Immortal Call and Ice wall off of CWDT I can mitigate damage pretty well. I can drop totems and run too when needed. Stone golem regens me pretty decent. I'm trying to find the right shield to use too -- I have one that is 79% spell increase, another that mitigates spell damage and another that is 900 armor. Can never decide on the right one.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I think life is 3.2K or around there.
Resists are 75/67/59%
Not all that bad really.

With Immortal Call and Ice wall off of CWDT I can mitigate damage pretty well. I can drop totems and run too when needed. Stone golem regens me pretty decent. I'm trying to find the right shield to use too -- I have one that is 79% spell increase, another that mitigates spell damage and another that is 900 armor. Can never decide on the right one.

The life is rather low hehe but if you can make it work so be it.
What level are you now?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Who has their masters nice and leveled up? I'd like to beg you to do some crafting for me :)

Specifically +life and + resists

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Who has their masters nice and leveled up? I'd like to beg you to do some crafting for me :)

Specifically +life and + resists

Only lvl 5 Elreon and 4 Haku (4.5).. had really low leveling this time.
Others are around 3 or so