Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You can list items in premium tabs with a price. They will show up on poe.trade

The goal is to make this process autonomous which would be awesome.

Honestly, while I admit I price things "to move", things of decent demand have stayed in my stash for maybe 2 days max. It's been great.

I just HATE having to ctrl-alt out to browse poe.trade to see going prices and/or to shop for myself. I can only imagine they are working on a in-game shopping option.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Honestly, while I admit I price things "to move", things of decent demand have stayed in my stash for maybe 2 days max. It's been great.

I just HATE having to ctrl-alt out to browse poe.trade to see going prices and/or to shop for myself. I can only imagine they are working on a in-game shopping option.

That would be the next logical step. A POE.trade browser in game. I am actually surprised they added the lister, but it's a godsend. I don't actually have any non premium tabs anymore and I have like 50. ^_^

I'd honestly be okay if it was paywalled like the premium tab stuff. Using and listing on Poe.trade is free but requires "extra" work.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
That would be the next logical step. A POE.trade browser in game. I am actually surprised they added the lister, but it's a godsend. I don't actually have any non premium tabs anymore and I have like 50. ^_^

I'd honestly be okay if it was paywalled like the premium tab stuff. Using and listing on Poe.trade is free but requires "extra" work.

Yeah if using their in-house system was a small fee (one time or whatever) I'd be well worth it.

I still think they miss the gravy train on a TON of money.

They could easily charge a nominal fee per league ($5 or something) and I think if their prices for "hats" were cheaper, people would buy a lot more. I know I spend very little on the game as a whole -- I b ought premium tabs for my self and for guild, a few little things here and there and that's it. I'm not paying $40 for a skin. Make it $10 and we'll talk.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Running Crypt maps from 70-80 on my Marauder hoping for Celestial Justicar drops (6 cards = 6L Astral Plate).

So far I've gotten two cards! Four to go!

(Cards go for about 30 chaos each so my plan is basically to farm crypt until it stops being worth for XP, then buy the remaining ones I need)

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah if using their in-house system was a small fee (one time or whatever) I'd be well worth it.

I still think they miss the gravy train on a TON of money.

They could easily charge a nominal fee per league ($5 or something) and I think if their prices for "hats" were cheaper, people would buy a lot more. I know I spend very little on the game as a whole -- I b ought premium tabs for my self and for guild, a few little things here and there and that's it. I'm not paying $40 for a skin. Make it $10 and we'll talk.

Yeah, I end up buying a lot of skins because I do the supporter packs. Mostly due to the amount of time I put into this game, it's worth it.

I definitely think they could do a lot better if they lowered prices, but then they'd either have to refund old players points for the new difference or piss off a lot of people. I'm rather indifferent myself.

I wouldn't want a paid league though. Maybe a "premium" player only league (like you have to have purchased a microtransation once on that account), but even then, it kind of goes against their philosophy of making everything not cosmetic free for everyone.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So my Lvl 47 CA, Frenzy Champion is starting to gain steam. :)
Mowing through things already, cannot wait until I get perma fortify. :)

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Man, the offers from fatman make no sense... I had one last night for over 9000 coins for low level gloves that might be worth 1-2C. Not to mention that considering how many chests there are by the end of this league I expect the items you buy with Perandus coins will be cheaper than rare items. Already you search and there are dozens for sale and we're only a couple of weeks in the season. By the end we'll all own a dozen of every item he sells.

I haven't dropped any money on the game yet but I gladly would for an in-game market. In my opinion (which admittedly is worth nothing), added convenience is completely different from monetizing the game in a pay to win model.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Man, the offers from fatman make no sense... I had one last night for over 9000 coins for low level gloves that might be worth 1-2C. Not to mention that considering how many chests there are by the end of this league I expect the items you buy with Perandus coins will be cheaper than rare items. Already you search and there are dozens for sale and we're only a couple of weeks in the season. By the end we'll all own a dozen of every item he sells.

I haven't dropped any money on the game yet but I gladly would for an in-game market. In my opinion (which admittedly is worth nothing), added convenience is completely different from monetizing the game in a pay to win model.

I have bought extra tabs, converted some to premium tabs, as not having to run software to sell stuff is nice.
Bought some of the mystery boxes, yes I didn't need them but I like the cosmetic pieces. :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Yeah his pricing makes no sense.
And I'm in A4 of Merciless now and he's selling shit for 9K+ coins. If I saved every penny up until this point, I think I'd have maybe 4K. Not to mention the item he's selling is worth 1-2C at most. So as you said, it makes no sense.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Finally getting to do some mapping with my MF character (328% IIRC right now).
Man, stuff starts to drop like candy. At least 1 Divination card per map is almost guaranteed, 1 unique.

I really want to pick a new build to start on too -- I always have the hardest time finding one. I'd really like to build something off Scion or Maurader or Duelist or thief (Sick of witch, templar and ranger)

Suggestions?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
At 71, CA is flying! I guess having a 5 link +1 bow is helping, but it's really going good. I am hoping to get enough currency to pick up a carcass Jack to try and 5 link soon.

Nov 29, 2006
You can list items in premium tabs with a price. They will show up on poe.trade

The goal is to make this process autonomous which would be awesome.

When someone wants to buy them do they still contact you or are they able to just buy it without my interaction? That is what i hope to see someday.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
When someone wants to buy them do they still contact you or are they able to just buy it without my interaction? That is what i hope to see someday.

They have to message you. It just lists the item on POE.trade. It is highly unlikely there will be a real, player interaction-less auction house or shop type mechanism. Removing community interaction is not what they want.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
They have to message you. It just lists the item on POE.trade. It is highly unlikely there will be a real, player interaction-less auction house or shop type mechanism. Removing community interaction is not what they want.

Yeah I wouldn't want it to be "interaction-less". I just would love for an in-game way to search and msg the person. I find it somewhat nice that in every trade I have done people ALWAYS say "thank you" or "good luck" or "have fun".

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah I wouldn't want it to be "interaction-less". I just would love for an in-game way to search and msg the person. I find it somewhat nice that in every trade I have done people ALWAYS say "thank you" or "good luck" or "have fun".

If they just had a browser that did what poe.trade does, it would be awesome.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If they just had a browser that did what poe.trade does, it would be awesome.

Exactly -- they could even make it a NPC in the towns which would be sorta neat and keep it inside the game world.

"Hello! What are you looking for today?!...."

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
At 71, CA is flying! I guess having a 5 link +1 bow is helping, but it's really going good. I am hoping to get enough currency to pick up a carcass Jack to try and 5 link soon.

I am loving CA now. Once it hits it's stride its awesome, not so much in the beginning but at lvl 51 Its very good.
Trying getting a 5L..+2 bow, I am already starting to work towards one.
I got my Drillneck thanks to a killer deal jax found and using Pierce gem in my 4L with 100% pierce chance it turns a decent skill into an amazing one.
Stuff just melts, so with a +2 and 5L this is going to just go from strength to strength. :cool:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I am loving CA now. Once it hits it's stride its awesome, not so much in the beginning but at lvl 51 Its very good.

Trying getting a 5L..+2 bow, I am already starting to work towards one.

I got my Drillneck thanks to a killer deal jax found and using Pierce gem in my 4L with 100% pierce chance it turns a decent skill into an amazing one.

Stuff just melts, so with a +2 and 5L this is going to just go from strength to strength. :cool:

I have a 5L +1 that is great with the empower.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Hmmm Maybe I should look into CA then?
Got a link to the build you're using?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1594657/page/1

When you open his skill tree you might need to open up the tree in an offline poe builder, not sure if its fixed.

Keeping in mind that you can tweak how much HP you take and instead take more damage nodes.
The main thing is to have Drillneck + Pierce Gem + Pierce nodes to hit 100% pierce chance.
Frenzy until stacks are maxed, CA until dead. :)

I have a 5L +1 that is great with the empower.

I am nervous about how long Empower is going to take to level as it does nothing at level 1. :(

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Man it was RAINING last night. Picked up all these last night in like 3 maps.

2gt99vo.jpg

Too bad everything is so freaking cheap in this league.
Fatman gave me ultra deal this morning too -- 4 chisels for 17 coins.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You mean in any other piece of gear other than the bow correct?
I have it in my boots for now.

No. Put it in your secondary weapon -- the "X" key.

Even if you don't use that weapon, the gems in it level. I 6S staff in there that I keep gems in so they level. Probably gems I will never use, but maybe with a different build or something.