Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 46 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Leveling really slow in SC league. But, first time doing caustic arrow, so that may be it.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Leveling really slow in SC league. But, first time doing caustic arrow, so that may be it.

Seemed normal to me. Might just be caustic arrow as you said.

Went into the Labyrinth for the first time this morning... yeah, I'm going to have to do that with a little more dedicated time. Had no idea the depth of it.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I am loving this league so far... I'm finding the level'ing is faster, loot is better and Perandus has been quite generous to me. Building a Duelist towards slayer so have been putting all my points into physical melee, 2 handed, speed, hp and it's working great so far. No doubt eventually I'll find out I irrevocably gimped myself but that's fine.

If anyone has uniques to trade I could use (am str oriented with some dex), I've a Lifesprig wand (level0, 8% increased spell damage, +1 level so socketed gems, 28% increased spell damage, 8% cast speed, 16, life, 20 mana, regen 6hp over 1 second for each spell cast) and Dream Fragment ring (level11, 27% cold resist, 20% increased mana, 50% mana regen and cannot be frozen)...

Still hoping for guild invite, Tallbill found me but haven't seen anyone else.

Oh, one thing- am planning to specialize in a weapon, sword or axe, which is the best 2 handed choice?

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
If anyone happens upon a 5-link iLvl 64+ bow they'd be willing to part with, let me know. Don't care about base or mods (going to try and roll +2 bow skills).

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I died again on HC. Still dunno how, lag I guess because I'm way over leveled. Might roll SC instead now.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I had my first failed build ever...
I was going physical staff ground slam with hope of switching to crit staff with perhaps a Cast on Crit flair later on.
I got to around mid 50's and even cleared the normal labyrinth. However, I was still using a level 20 staff with about 100 DPS... This was after running with 4 other guys all night and sharing gear...
I dropped no alchs the first night.
I used the physical recipe twice on staves.
My gear was all blue except for boots and helm.
So I quit.

Started a firestorm marauder Saturday evening and got to level 59. Was easy mode. Dropped two unique wands. Dropped Wanderlust boots. I also have 8 alch orbs now.
I caught up to all my friend group except my brother who hit 80 last night...
Game is strange sometimes...

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Izaro is incredibly wildly overtuned on normal.

Yes, it was extremely difficult even about 15 levels over... My brother said Merciless is better balanced though. I may test it out tonight if I get the chance.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I had my first failed build ever...
I was going physical staff ground slam with hope of switching to crit staff with perhaps a Cast on Crit flair later on.
I got to around mid 50's and even cleared the normal labyrinth. However, I was still using a level 20 staff with about 100 DPS... This was after running with 4 other guys all night and sharing gear...
I dropped no alchs the first night.
I used the physical recipe twice on staves.
My gear was all blue except for boots and helm.
So I quit.

Started a firestorm marauder Saturday evening and got to level 59. Was easy mode. Dropped two unique wands. Dropped Wanderlust boots. I also have 8 alch orbs now.
I caught up to all my friend group except my brother who hit 80 last night...
Game is strange sometimes...

it is weird how sometimes some builds can just "take off" and others just fail miserably (or at least comparatively) My tornado shot was like the latter -- it just sucked no matter WTF I did with it. Whereas my barrage build just kicked ass.

Still looking for a solid build guide for a dual flame MF. I've just been following my own idea/path now, but I gotta start getting some better IIR/IIQ gear. Did have an Exalt drop last night in Cruel Act 1, and have about 20 chaos squirreled away.

It's amazing how much easier selling is now. I hope they come out with a way to shop in-game or even price-check in game in the future.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Yes, it was extremely difficult even about 15 levels over... My brother said Merciless is better balanced though. I may test it out tonight if I get the chance.

Honestly, I had no problem at all beating Izaro my first time through on Normal. (I went through twice, the 2nd time I was probably +15 or so levels higher.)

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

In the same boat as you. Caustic arrow definitely starts out slow compared to other builds.
I have been told it improves a lot, not sure what level though.
I am working towards Champion /MF/CA farmer.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
In the same boat as you. Caustic arrow definitely starts out slow compared to other builds.
I have been told it improves a lot, not sure what level though.
I am working towards Champion /MF/CA farmer.

I'm planning a Scion CA build, but I'm starting it as something else and then respeccing. CA will be too slow for leveling and I'd rather do Spark or ST until I get enough into chaos damage.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Decided to try a Hierophant Templar Build using spark and orb of storms to do the initial leveling. I'm always pokey so just into Act 3 Normal, character in mid-20s. Here isl the ink to the build I'm following: https://youtu.be/x9_oHM8jzts and to the spark/orb of storms leveling method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhgKjfG9_s

Very fun build so far, first templar I've done.

BTW just learned over the weekend that you can buy more then 10 tabs-I thought that was the limit, which is terrible for a packrat like me.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I'm planning a Scion CA build, but I'm starting it as something else and then respeccing. CA will be too slow for leveling and I'd rather do Spark or ST until I get enough into chaos damage.

Yeah its noticeable but will stick with it for now.
I imagine once I get level 45+ it will start to improve.

Decided to try a Hierophant Templar Build using spark and orb of storms to do the initial leveling. I'm always pokey so just into Act 3 Normal, character in mid-20s. Here isl the ink to the build I'm following: https://youtu.be/x9_oHM8jzts and to the spark/orb of storms leveling method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhgKjfG9_s

Very fun build so far, first templar I've done.

BTW just learned over the weekend that you can buy more then 10 tabs-I thought that was the limit, which is terrible for a packrat like me.

I am at 13 tabs and I ran out of space quickly o_O

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I am at 13 tabs and I ran out of space quickly o_O

Holy hell, I've been working with 4 and have yet to run out of room. What do you people keep? I only really keep currency, legendary, gems and a bit of equipment that I might use again (magic find, well rolled, etc.)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I think I have 27 tabs...
When I had to save up 23 exalts for a windripper I filled everything, but I think that was the only temp league I used it all...

Standard on the other hand I have all 27 full and about 70 remove only tabs... I'm a mess.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Holy hell, I've been working with 4 and have yet to run out of room. What do you people keep? I only really keep currency, legendary, gems and a bit of equipment that I might use again (magic find, well rolled, etc.)
I keep a bunch of tabs full of stuff to sell. Especially in temp leagues.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Hell in standard I have whole tabs filled with ONE currency :)
Another almost full of divination cards.
Another with jewels/quality gems (though those get sold in recipes)

In leagues you keep to sell -- though I've found in this league, with the in-game ability to price things, shit sells pretty damned fast. Don't envision my

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

It is kinda slow, but mostly you just do phys TS or split arrow or something to level. I didn't, but I wanted to get more used to the playstyle. Also, leveling as CA and doing the DoT damage boosts your firetrap.

I have so many tabs lol. And they are all filled. The only tabs I don't have filled constantly are my chaos recipe tab (first one) and my shop tabs.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
It is kinda slow, but mostly you just do phys TS or split arrow or something to level. I didn't, but I wanted to get more used to the playstyle. Also, leveling as CA and doing the DoT damage boosts your firetrap.

I have so many tabs lol. And they are all filled. The only tabs I don't have filled constantly are my chaos recipe tab (first one) and my shop tabs.

At what level does CA start to shine?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Picked up a pretty decent roll Greed's Embrace last night for only 5C.
I can't even wear it yet, but at that price, I couldn't pass it up.
Only 2L, but for the price it's a steal.

2hi2vso.jpg

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Picked up a pretty decent roll Greed's Embrace last night for only 5C.
I can't even wear it yet, but at that price, I couldn't pass it up.
Only 2L, but for the price it's a steal.

2hi2vso.jpg

As tempting as it is... I need Evasion stuff :)