Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 38 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Been having no luck with drops lately. Thinking about just rerolling. Having trouble selling things on standard too. =(

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Been having no luck with drops lately. Thinking about just rerolling. Having trouble selling things on standard too. =(

I haven't sold a damned thing this league and the drops have really sucked.
I fired up my Saw Paw Reeve last night (had to reallocate all points) and was SHOCKED at how much freaking loot I had from that league.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Don't feel too bad, smackababy. I can't sell shit in Standard, I've given up on doing so and taken down my shop because literally the only messages I ever got on my Standard shop are wildly lowball offers (for a little while I was getting offers in the 40c range for a brittle emperor card daily, not sure why) or "hi" buyers who don't specify league, item name, listed buyout, or literally anything to help me sell them the item they want.

Had an amusing trade in Talisman yesterday. I had a The Hunger card for sale, listed buyout 30c. I had gotten some 20-25c offers but hadn't taken any. Finally got a guy offered the buyout, invite him, in the trade window he puts 25c and 20 fusings (which, if you know currency conversion rates, is about 35c). I hit accept because of course I did, then I politely told him "thanks for trade, in the future please let sellers know you would like to pay with alternate currency, most of us are happy to work with you and few like surprises". His reply? "suck a dick". I happily advised him that he just paid 35c for a 30c buyout and put him on ignore.

I mean, if the guy had said "hey, I want The Hunger, I only have 25c, what other currency do you want to make up the other 5c?" I would have absolutely worked with him *and* made sure to give him a fair value for his alt currency (10 fuses, in this case). Being a dick just meant I got to gloat in his face that he ripped himself off. Just bizarre.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I haven't sold a damned thing this league and the drops have really sucked.
I fired up my Saw Paw Reeve last night (had to reallocate all points) and was SHOCKED at how much freaking loot I had from that league.

MY IIR Flame totem farming toon has done ok.
Saw one Exalted drop, sold a 6L for 30 Chaos and a Belt for 30 Chaos.
Sold some small pieces here and there for around 1-7 chaos.
This is on Talisman however.

My new toon has had very little drop that was worth anything.
IIR definitely helped a lot on the quality of the items even if the quantity
was the same.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Don't feel too bad, smackababy. I can't sell shit in Standard, I've given up on doing so and taken down my shop because literally the only messages I ever got on my Standard shop are wildly lowball offers (for a little while I was getting offers in the 40c range for a brittle emperor card daily, not sure why) or "hi" buyers who don't specify league, item name, listed buyout, or literally anything to help me sell them the item they want.

Had an amusing trade in Talisman yesterday. I had a The Hunger card for sale, listed buyout 30c. I had gotten some 20-25c offers but hadn't taken any. Finally got a guy offered the buyout, invite him, in the trade window he puts 25c and 20 fusings (which, if you know currency conversion rates, is about 35c). I hit accept because of course I did, then I politely told him "thanks for trade, in the future please let sellers know you would like to pay with alternate currency, most of us are happy to work with you and few like surprises". His reply? "suck a dick". I happily advised him that he just paid 35c for a 30c buyout and put him on ignore.

I mean, if the guy had said "hey, I want The Hunger, I only have 25c, what other currency do you want to make up the other 5c?" I would have absolutely worked with him *and* made sure to give him a fair value for his alt currency (10 fuses, in this case). Being a dick just meant I got to gloat in his face that he ripped himself off. Just bizarre.

I had a similar case.
I had an item for 3 chaos. The person opened trade not a word.
In the window he dropped 2 chaos and 2 fusing.
I told him I only wanted the chaos currency (didnt want to bother trading to get the chaos back) and he added another Fusing.
I accepted it on that one and he did not say a word.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I don't have to much difficulty selling. I always undercut, though. If I have an item that I won't ever use on my alts, I see no reason to hold out for a few more chaos orbs.

I guess I like to liquefy my assets immediately. Almost anything I have is up for sales, flasks, talisman, etc... You never know who wants them. I am always surprised.

If my rares sit too long, I use the chaos recipe and get a whole new fresh.

Not sure how much, but I have 1 ex, 1 div, 5 blessed, 150 chaos, 200 jewelers, 40 fusings, 800 alts... and some other odds and ends in Talisman. Pretty pleased overall since I don't have a ton of time invested. I might have 40-50 hours into the league.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I don't have to much difficulty selling. I always undercut, though. If I have an item that I won't ever use on my alts, I see no reason to hold out for a few more chaos orbs.

I guess I like to liquefy my assets immediately. Almost anything I have is up for sales, flasks, talisman, etc... You never know who wants them. I am always surprised.

If my rares sit too long, I use the chaos recipe and get a whole new fresh.

Not sure how much, but I have 1 ex, 1 div, 5 blessed, 150 chaos, 200 jewelers, 40 fusings, 800 alts... and some other odds and ends in Talisman. Pretty pleased overall since I don't have a ton of time invested. I might have 40-50 hours into the league.

That is pretty good. I only have around 50-60 Chaos 1 Exalt, 9 Vaal, 7 Blessed, 3 Regal, 34 Fusing (spent around 550 Jewellers to 6 socket my Staff) dont ask... :( and low quantities of other stuff as I use them often to roll Flasks as I level
I might need to relook at pricing to clear space in my stash

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I think I've spent at least 6 exalts worth of currency so far this league.

Approx 2 exalts worth of fusings, another exalt worth of jewelers, 2 exalts to buy my girlfriend a correct-roll Vessel of Vinktar (OH MY GOD THIS FLASK IS SO GOOD), and at least 2 exalts worth of chaos in misc other items.

Currently sitting on like 70 chaos, 1 raw exalt, and misc other currency. Not sure what I have left to buy, so now I'm in my "level up and accrue currency" phase

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Once I hit 82 I sort of lost interest in the league... Leveling up takes such a long time. I have only died 3 times on that character, no deaths passed L70. But it is still SLOW. Done a few T8 maps. But they were not dropping anything better than T1, or so it seems. Then I went and did the Aqueduct, because they was giving me the best currency overall... Humility cards go for 3-4c and I have gotten like 15 or so since running the aqu like 50 times. It took 30 full clears to level up from 81 to 82.

I want to hit L90, but I am having trouble finding the will to grind it out.

BTW - I am ware that at L81 I was only getting ~25% XP from the aqueduct... I'd have to run a 72 map to get 100%. Which I don't mind doing. Bottom line, though it is a tedious process.

Last edited:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
The reason it's tedious is because you're a tanky, low dps build.

Safe, you aren't likely to die, but map clearspeed is SLOW, and map clearspeed is how you level fast.

My recommendation would be build currency, get any remaining gear upgrades, maybe buy some level 20/21 gems with that currency instead of grinding to level gems further, then use your build to farm Atziri, because your build should be great at that once you have everything else in order.

Different types of builds are good at different things. Most of those high clearspeed builds literally CANNOT do Atziri, for example.

If you get good at it, you could also sell high-level twinned boss kills (buyer pays a fee, invites you to their map, you kill twinned boss they can't kill) or the like.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
True, but my DPS isn't as low as you think. I rarely sit more than 1-2 seconds per group of mobs. My run speed is +57% - I certainly don't go as fast as I can, but can easily clear aqu in like 4 minutes. I am sure super speed builds can do it in under a minute, but meh... I like to enjoy things a bit more, making sure I don't miss a good drop. I have almost passed up a few6S items due to speed.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
That's pretty much my point, actually. High clearspeed builds clear four TIMES as fast as you do.

If it takes you 2 hours to gain a level, it will take them 30 minutes.

How much damage per hit on firestorm are you up to?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The high clear speed builds (Vaal spark, ED) can do high level maps for the most part. Atziri is difficult but that is just because they don't have much in terms of sustained single target dos.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
The high clear speed builds (Vaal spark, ED) can do high level maps for the most part. Atziri is difficult but that is just because they don't have much in terms of sustained single target dos.

Uh, yeah? That's what I said.

I know you mostly play standard, but the reason I mentioned "high level twinned bosses" is that in the challenge league, one of the challenges is to fully clear a twinned map of every tier. If you cannot kill a twinned boss in a given map tier, you cannot complete the challenge, so there is a market for "selling" the boss kills.

Those popular high-clearspeed builds then clear their map and bring the boss killer in to wipe out the twinned boss.

Also, while Vaal Spark surely cannot do Atziri, I've heard of ED having very little troubles with her.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Well, I made it to 90 last week. The best items I dropped on the way were a Romira's Banquet and two Wings of Entropy. Both are attainable for a chaos orb.

So I'm done for a bit... I'll play the new D3 season for a week or so and wait for Ascendancy to drop. Hopefully I'll be a little more lucky next time around.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I know Romira's is cheap, but it can be fun to make builds around.

Not counting the obvious (RT Discharge Mjolner)... I've heard good things about RT Romira's Cold Snap, Void Battery x2 Romira's Incinerate, Romira's Frenzy Enduring Cry Conduit Support, and other ways to abuse the power charge generation from it. Basically everything that uses power charges other than CoC

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
Once I hit 82 I sort of lost interest in the league... Leveling up takes such a long time. I have only died 3 times on that character, no deaths passed L70. But it is still SLOW. Done a few T8 maps. But they were not dropping anything better than T1, or so it seems. Then I went and did the Aqueduct, because they was giving me the best currency overall... Humility cards go for 3-4c and I have gotten like 15 or so since running the aqu like 50 times. It took 30 full clears to level up from 81 to 82.

I want to hit L90, but I am having trouble finding the will to grind it out.

BTW - I am ware that at L81 I was only getting ~25% XP from the aqueduct... I'd have to run a 72 map to get 100%. Which I don't mind doing. Bottom line, though it is a tedious process.

not sure if that's 30 full clears of maps or 30 full clears of Aqueduct

going from 81-82 should just take around 10 runs (less runs if you're doing higher level maps) of Lvl 71 maps and those should be pretty obtainable.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
Well, I made it to 90 last week. The best items I dropped on the way were a Romira's Banquet and two Wings of Entropy. Both are attainable for a chaos orb.

So I'm done for a bit... I'll play the new D3 season for a week or so and wait for Ascendancy to drop. Hopefully I'll be a little more lucky next time around.

haven't had that much luck this league

last Tempest league, I got a 6L from a Strongbox, 1-2 6Ls from corrupting Tempest, self 6Led a bow, and self 6Led a staff. both well below the 1,600 Vorici fusing price.

this league, I've got 1 5L due to the staff divination card and I don't know how many Alterations, Jewelers, and Fusings I've burned to try to at least get a 5L in a 6S Carcass Jack

It's definitely been over Vorici's 150 Fusing price for 5L

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I have zero luck in any league. Last league my best item was a +3 fire gem 5L staff. Worked decent enough for atziri srs spam, but certainly wasn't ideal. I missed the start of this league and don't want to start after the market is already established.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
not sure if that's 30 full clears of maps or 30 full clears of Aqueduct

going from 81-82 should just take around 10 runs (less runs if you're doing higher level maps) of Lvl 71 maps and those should be pretty obtainable.

He did 30 aqueducts to level up. He'd level far, far faster if he'd do appropriate-level content.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Best odds are using vorici "1 blue" craft, 4 chromes per try, ~2% chance of success per try.

Next-best would be using vorici "2 blue", which has about a 10% success chance. Costs 25 chromes per try.

I wouldn't do any other attempt than one of those two.

I am having the worst luck Rolling 3 B 1 G on the Black Sun crest
using the 1B Vorici.
I have spent around 140 Chrom and best I can do is 2B 1G 1R

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
He did 30 aqueducts to level up. He'd level far, far faster if he'd do appropriate-level content.

Both of you guys must not have read my last paragraph... Sort of like on your last reply to Smack where you said "That's what I said"... Well, I already am well aware of the XP penalty from doing Aqueducts as I mentioned in in my post...

FYI @ L82 it a aqueduct run gives 2% XP. So, it would take 50 to level. If I ran a 73 map, it would take about 8-9 runs. Still is a tedious process as most maps take longer than aqueducts and I can't farm for sacrifice pieces in maps, aside from corrupting them with twin boss mods.

On my L86 char, I leveled up exclusively with maps from L70 onward. Just need a change of pace and I hate maps that have you constantly backtracking. I really like the Mountain Ledge. Too bad more maps were not like that.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I actually did 2 aqueduct runs last night @lvl82... and TOTAL it gave me 2%
I'm sick of trying to level at 80+ it's a pain in the ass. You hit one bad boss or some unique that reflects and you just wasted 20 mins.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I actually did 2 aqueduct runs last night @lvl82... and TOTAL it gave me 2%
I'm sick of trying to level at 80+ it's a pain in the ass. You hit one bad boss or some unique that reflects and you just wasted 20 mins.

Wait until you get to 90+. One bad move or lag spike and you've just lost a few hours time... Unless you have a steady supply of high level maps.