Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 37 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Up to 3 Atziri sets in Talisman... wondering how to deal with the Trio on any of my characters in Talisman.

I wonder if they're easier in group play. I only ever see/hear about people doing Atziri solo...

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Up to 3 Atziri sets in Talisman... wondering how to deal with the Trio on any of my characters in Talisman.

I wonder if they're easier in group play. I only ever see/hear about people doing Atziri solo...

You really make me want to try it. But I am going to hold off until I am upwards of 5K and get my gems to L20. Right now they are 18. Painfully slow to level gems...

As for the former post, I like challenging content, so running easy maps is boring to me. I want to see how high of a map I can clear without dying with my cheap gear level. I'd love to run T14/15 maps regularly once I am geared out. Until then I want to see just how far I go on a an alc'd map.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
You won't ever be able to run T14/15 maps "regularly" because they cost half an exalt or more apiece and never ever drop.

The only people who can ever chain top-tier maps are dedicated 6-man map groups with an extremely well-geared MF-Culler who are able to make enough currency in their maps to buy up more to keep running them.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Can somebody give me a brief rundown on how the hell I should be handling these Talismans? I feel like I'm not "doing" them correctly.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Oh and Jax, I was able to get 100+ life on that 5L. Not sure what to do with it now...

2nl8co9.jpg

Still only around 3,400K HP though

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
And why do people even bother putting shit for 1Alt for sale on poe.trade? It's not worth the headache of hooking up to sell it to the person.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
Can somebody give me a brief rundown on how the hell I should be handling these Talismans? I feel like I'm not "doing" them correctly.

basic way of seeing Talismans are that Talisman are just fancy new amulets and ignore the upgrade process

if you want to learn the upgrade process

here you go for Talisman item level

PCpcuLn.png

and here's a paragraph for talisman rarity

When sacrificing 5 Talismans, each Talisman adds a 20% chance of a Talisman of its rarity being the resultant one. So if you sacrifice one white, one magic, two rare and one unique, your odds are a 20% chance of a white talisman, 20% chance of a magic, 40% chance of a rare, and 20% chance of a unique.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
basic way of seeing Talismans are that Talisman are just fancy new amulets and ignore the upgrade process

if you want to learn the upgrade process

here you go for Talisman item level

PCpcuLn.png

and here's a paragraph for talisman rarity

PUKE

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I was going to attempt 21 challenges, but basically decided it would be a waste of time. I am actually not a fan of the Armour skin anyway. I love the Inferno Armour that I paid for. I still think I could get 21 done... I have about 8-9 that I finish up in a night, which would bring me to 15 or so. But, just not interesting. Finding that selling these items is worth more to me. Amazing that people want to buy my Talisman. I'd rather sell them for some chaos orbs than try and farm from some achievement.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Lvl 82 with my Arc Templar. Sort of hit "that wall" with him. I've been really underwhelmed with the whole Talisman thing at this point. Really just a pain in the ass at this point.

When's this league done?

I think I might just start up a MF character and start farming or doing something else.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
League will go to approximately march, when 2.2 should hit.

Got my Ground Slam Witch up to 70, got my Hegemony's Era 5L and now I'm high enough to use it + crown of eyes... OH MY GOD. Doing like 33k dps with ground slam at level 70 with like level 16 gems. Ground slam covers like half the screen the AoE is so huge. It's so great.

Can't play my Whispering Ice in a group with one of my friends, it lags his toasterPC™ to single-digit FPS on low settings. Still amazing solo though.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Discharge really destroys toasterPCs.

Discharge alone, no. The ways Discharge is played, yes.

What destroys ToasterPCs™ in PoE is stacked spell effects. The engine does NOT handle them well.

Cast-on-Crit causes this especially badly, because it can trigger spells back to back in a tiny window. Mjolner does the same. These are common ways to use Discharge, so Discharge gets the bad rap even though basically any spell being used that way causes the same issues.

Firestorm and Icestorm are some of the only self-cast abilities capable of stacking spell effects in one area. So they cause the same problems as Discharge for ToasterPCs™. Icestorm is worse because ground effects (chilled ground from the spell) are yet another spell effect to stack with the falling ice to lag ToastersPCs™.

I'd help my friend upgrade but he's poor and bad with computers, plus his wife won't let him!

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
True, but discharge also has the added effect of usually also doing high amounts of lightning damage. That leaves shocked corpses, which lags noobs as well. CoC just confounds it, as you get massive, large spell effects. And if you're being a boss, using something like herald of ice for the EE, you're get frozen explosions to!

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Yep, just saying self-cast Discharge (it is a thing, apparently o_O) doesn't cause enough spell effects to lag even most toasters. It's the CoC/Mjolner spam that crashes them.

I've read about people joining public parties to troll with their spammiest possible builds just to crash the people with toasters... -_-

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
League will go to approximately march, when 2.2 should hit.

Got my Ground Slam Witch up to 70, got my Hegemony's Era 5L and now I'm high enough to use it + crown of eyes... OH MY GOD. Doing like 33k dps with ground slam at level 70 with like level 16 gems. Ground slam covers like half the screen the AoE is so huge. It's so great.

Can't play my Whispering Ice in a group with one of my friends, it lags his toasterPC™ to single-digit FPS on low settings. Still amazing solo though.

I love the spell and it runs like butter.
I imagine if I ran 2500x1600 DSR it would be an issue with a Talisman sized group of mobs but the GTX 970 seems to cope well enough :cool:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I have no problems either, but I'm sitting on an i7 and an R9 290 at 2560x1600. I don't know my friend's specs but I believe he's on a laptop, I'm not sure if he has discrete graphics or intel graphics.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I have no problems either, but I'm sitting on an i7 and an R9 290 at 2560x1600. I don't know my friend's specs but I believe he's on a laptop, I'm not sure if he has discrete graphics or intel graphics.

How hard is it to roll 3 B 1 G on the Black Sun crest?
The reason I ask is that none of the ones online show quantities of blue

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Best odds are using vorici "1 blue" craft, 4 chromes per try, ~2% chance of success per try.

Next-best would be using vorici "2 blue", which has about a 10% success chance. Costs 25 chromes per try.

I wouldn't do any other attempt than one of those two.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Yep, just saying self-cast Discharge (it is a thing, apparently o_O) doesn't cause enough spell effects to lag even most toasters. It's the CoC/Mjolner spam that crashes them.

I've read about people joining public parties to troll with their spammiest possible builds just to crash the people with toasters... -_-

I actually think self cast discharge builds can be really good. You just have to manage when you cast and it doesn't require nearly the gear investment of mjolner / coc though that has gone down considerably.

How hard is it to roll 3 B 1 G on the Black Sun crest?
The reason I ask is that none of the ones online show quantities of blue

Google Poe chrome estimator. There are a few online and they will give you the best combination to use to get the best results.