Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
What's the damage per hit on your firestorm?

Like I said earlier, the issue with Atziri is the trio. I don't see how you'll survive them with only 4k HP unless you do a LOT more damage - and your damage relies on them standing in stacked firestorms.

To put 4k HP in perspective, my EK shadow in Talisman is level 83 with like 140% increased life on tree, which I consider low, and I have 4300 life. Now, you have armor and way more block, plus you have capped chaos resist, so you may be okay.

I would strongly recommend getting 1-2 Granite Flask of Iron Skin to pop on phys bosses, though. HUGE difference it makes.

I don't know what chest your build wants to eventually use (I know you said it's a 15c build so I assume you have a rare right now), but I'm going to highly recommend Lightning Coil for an eventual chest. It's SO GOOD.

On another topic, you Flame Totem guys, have you tried Searing Bond with your flame totems? Thoughts?

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Tooltip is 505 per hit. I am L76 right now. If I can master craft another 80-100 HP from my rings, and get to L82 (only have life nodes left to purchase), I should be very close to 5K HP. If I gave up some Armour, I could make it to almost 7K with Kaom's...

I really build my character with huge HP from flasks. So a high HP pool, with a bunch of seething flasks 979 *2.7 (+170% Life) Divine @ 20% heals for 2,643 HP instantly. 3 per potion. I carry 2-3 of those. That is 6-9 uses of 2.5K+ HP restored before empty. Also, I typically carry a normal one to remove bleeding or curse (sometimes I use it on my mana flask instead, since I can keep that going for 10+ seconds and makes me immune to bleeding for that duration.

After your advice, I'll hold up a bit longer on Atziri. I might level to 82 and make sure I upgrade my rings before trying it. Also, L20 gems won't hurt. :)

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I didn't even see that your gems are 16. DEFINITELY level more first. 16-19 is a huge jump in power due to gems.

For your build the trio is always going to be hard, but if you get more HP they should become doable.

One of the big things for Atziri runs is bringing alternate gems/flasks to swap per boss. Twin Vaal requires a slightly different setup than Trio which requires a slightly different setup than Atziri herself. Twin Vaal should be easy for your build because you can precast firestorms under their spawns to do tons of damage the moment they're targetable.

Got my Whispering Ice CI character to 62, got a 620ES chest, up to 5k ES (my gloves/jewelry/boots are TRASH still and my discipline is like level 13) and doing like 640 damage per icicle, with 3.7 second duration. Just under 800 int. When I finish merciless and grind dried lake/buy some gear, I should be somewhere around 1200 int and hopefully closer to 10k ES. Not sure what the damage will be like at that point, I'm hoping at least 1k per icicle >_>

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
What's the damage per hit on your firestorm?

Like I said earlier, the issue with Atziri is the trio. I don't see how you'll survive them with only 4k HP unless you do a LOT more damage - and your damage relies on them standing in stacked firestorms.

To put 4k HP in perspective, my EK shadow in Talisman is level 83 with like 140% increased life on tree, which I consider low, and I have 4300 life. Now, you have armor and way more block, plus you have capped chaos resist, so you may be okay.

I would strongly recommend getting 1-2 Granite Flask of Iron Skin to pop on phys bosses, though. HUGE difference it makes.

I don't know what chest your build wants to eventually use (I know you said it's a 15c build so I assume you have a rare right now), but I'm going to highly recommend Lightning Coil for an eventual chest. It's SO GOOD.

On another topic, you Flame Totem guys, have you tried Searing Bond with your flame totems? Thoughts?

I have not tried Searing bond yet.
Would I be able to use 2 Flame totems and 1 Searing bond?

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
once you've done Atziri enough, it's more about experience & execution than a pure gear check

definitely can't do Atziri as a glass cannon though

people do Atziri within 24 hours of a HC temp league start

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Searing Bond got changed to grant an additional totem: so you can use all your regular totems + 1 searing bond.

Should be amazing for strong mobs on most Totem builds, and flame totem in particular due to same element scaling.

Got my Whispering Ice character to 65, finished A3 and got skill point in A4, finally have Unwavering and CI, feels so much better. Up to 750 per icicle tooltip, which I realized doesn't even count Hypothermia, so actually 1000 per icicle. Only about 6k ES, but I haven't gotten the ES multiplier behind CI yet, and I still have another ES circle to pick up.

Now that I can't be stunned (and therefore have the cast fail), running 3 Vaal Disciplines feels hilarious. 18 seconds of psycho ES regen + like 3000 max ES.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I haven't tried searing bond with flame totem, but leveling a shadow right now with flame totem and contagion. Now, that is fast.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
So, I'm like late to party, but ED / contagion is broken for XP per hour. It's super cheap and just insanely easy to farm.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Essence Drain

For Xiandre: Whispering Ice non-crit CI tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...8u2ZUPQ935a-nxPbEFSftGS7ZYVcN0iHzm57NaGWnMJ_L (level 79, kill all bandits x3)

Required uniques: Whispering Ice (6 socket, 3 blue 2 green 1 red), Bated Breath, Black Sun Crest (at least 2 blue sockets for discipline + clarity), 2x Brute Force Solution jewel

Recommended: 3 vaal disciplines (linked together with an increased duration). Bated Breath makes Vaal Discipline do insane regen.

At 79 I have 7500 ES, well over 12k during Vaal Discipline, which I can chain for 18 seconds.

Icestorm sockets: greens are for hypothermia and cold penetration (swap added cold damage in for hypothermia if doing atziri ONLY - she cannot be chilled). Red is life leech. Blues are controlled destruction, spell echo, and your choice of faster casting (smoother play due to less move-lock when you cast, larger AoE) or concentrated effect (MUCH more damage, smaller AoE, slower casts mean more standing still).

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Essence Drain

For Xiandre: Whispering Ice non-crit CI tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...8u2ZUPQ935a-nxPbEFSftGS7ZYVcN0iHzm57NaGWnMJ_L (level 79, kill all bandits x3)

Required uniques: Whispering Ice (6 socket, 3 blue 2 green 1 red), Bated Breath, Black Sun Crest (at least 2 blue sockets for discipline + clarity), 2x Brute Force Solution jewel

Recommended: 3 vaal disciplines (linked together with an increased duration). Bated Breath makes Vaal Discipline do insane regen.

At 79 I have 7500 ES, well over 12k during Vaal Discipline, which I can chain for 18 seconds.

Icestorm sockets: greens are for hypothermia and cold penetration (swap added cold damage in for hypothermia if doing atziri ONLY - she cannot be chilled). Red is life leech. Blues are controlled destruction, spell echo, and your choice of faster casting (smoother play due to less move-lock when you cast, larger AoE) or concentrated effect (MUCH more damage, smaller AoE, slower casts mean more standing still).

Can you please elaborate the leveling path for the skill points. :D
Mabye in 3 groups.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
First 41 points (order doesn't matter much for these, you should be level 33 and able to equip your Whispering Ice around this point): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...JsQ188NVXyY_6SVEo-jeDgsem6_noHb4spjOHkNYD7g==

74 points: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...mVD0Pd-Wvp8T2xBUn7Rku2WFXDdIh85uezWhlpzCfyw==

(it's literally a straight shot the whole way. Brute Force Solution on the two leftmost Jewel Sockets)

93 points (level 70): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...8u2ZUPQ935a-nxPbEFSftGS7ZYVcN0iHzm57NaGWnMJ_L

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Is Unwavering Stance really needed? Without something like Iron Reflexes, giving up complete dodge chance can be costly.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Unwavering Stance is beyond required.

Stuns are based on your non-CI life, which with this build is about 1500 life.

Losing 6% evasion (the helm/dex are the only sources of evasion, worth maybe 1%) for unstunnable is fucking WONDERFUL.

Iron Reflexes has nothing to do with anything, we have the same evasion chance as someone with Iron Reflexes would have if they didn't take Unwavering.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So had a great leveling Zana Map yesterday, 393% increased XP gain, was Awesome :)
Got both my totems to lvl 19.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Finally cleaned up my stash from last league. Didn't realize I farmed so many atziri sets. Guess I'll be doing those now lol.

Also, struggling a bit on single target dps on my ED build. Maybe my gems just aren't maxed.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
That reminds me, I found I had 6 atziri sets in Standard, decided to YOLO and do them all on my Bino's Reave character.

Only failed to kill Atziri in 6 portals on the second run. Trio is HARD. Atziri... medium difficulty. Just a lot of dodging.

Sadly no Mortal Hope dropped. I did, however, avoid getting trolled by the flask on any of the runs!

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I did a few yesterday on my archer and didn't get a single flask! Got a 30% fire belt, which was nice.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Yeah I got a cold belt and several slink boots, plus some non-Hope mortal pieces.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
L80 now, clearing some T7/8/9 alced maps. No problems with them. Have not upgraded any of my gear. 4.4K HP.

Trying to get a hold of a T11/T12 map where the boss is a 3 or less. I think I could do it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008