Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
So I 6L my first ever item lol.
On a level 28 Chest Armour piece, first 6 socket to drop on this 35 Witch. :)
Sigh... at least I got the achievement :)
Going to sell as is for some currency (although wont be much)

Whats' the stats? Maybe I'll buy it!

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1513990

Keep in mind that Its not worth 2 EX... but I was just checking to see what interests I get.
I just finished the shop a sec ago.

Most I have is 1C :)
The ring is interesting...

It's funny, I was looking at your skill tree and you basically started at the witch node and worked your way to the templar and I started at Templar and am working my way to the witch.

If I find any +rarity items I will make sure to toss them in the stash for you.

MF build looks like fun -- might go that route next time.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

It's funny, I was looking at your skill tree and you basically started at the witch node and worked your way to the templar and I started at Templar and am working my way to the witch.

I should be able to get somewhere around .8 Ex to 1Ex, even with low level but shall see

Yeah using Ziggys build... but his progression levels are Templar... however he says Witch is ideal
So had to watch the video and create leveling sections and Favourite it on my Chrome brower bar :)

I forgot to say... thanks for the offer on the IIR and IIQ :) My goal is 200 IIR

Last edited:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
No joke, I might be interested in that 6L - I was planning on using a Tabula on my build this league already.

Need to give me a bit of time to get some currency for it though, spent all but like 12c getting Aquafilth's gear up and running... now she just needs to hit 66 so she can use it! (She's playing Queen of the Forest Dual Dreamfeather elemental cleave with several Static Electricity jewels to provide the elemental damage base)

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

Sold it for 40 Chaos 10 Fuse :D

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
No joke, I might be interested in that 6L - I was planning on using a Tabula on my build this league already.

Need to give me a bit of time to get some currency for it though, spent all but like 12c getting Aquafilth's gear up and running... now she just needs to hit 66 so she can use it! (She's playing Queen of the Forest Dual Dreamfeather elemental cleave with several Static Electricity jewels to provide the elemental damage base)

Sorry Jax I sold it before checking the forum again :(

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
No worries - I would have literally just been alting it for a resist, mastercrafting another resist (or life) and calling it a day. Mildly better than a Tabula at best. And you got more for it than I'll have to pay for a tabula.

Use dem chaos to supercharge your character IMO :p

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So up to around 43 Chaos already :)
Its a nice change from my usual horrible luck.
Gotten the hang of the talismans.
Making sure all are different bases and must be same tier.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
So up to around 43 Chaos already :)
Its a nice change from my usual horrible luck.
Gotten the hang of the talismans.
Making sure all are different bases and must be same tier.

Has anyone realized the talisman RNG wall yet? Basically the only talismans that matter are the rare ones. You will need 5 rares to guarantee a rare of the next tier. You will need at least 25 T1 rares to get 5 T2 rares. You will need at least 125 T1 rares to get 5 T3 rares. That's a lot of farming to get a chance at a rare Rigwald drop.

I'll be able to pick up two or three this league, but it's going to be a heck of a grind... I might just down Rigwald in Standard and Hardcore and call it a league.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
It's not as bad as you think, because you can funnel all the "junk" white/blue talismans into junk T3 talismans and use them to summon Rigwald for his uniques on his drop table anyway, even though the talisman you'll get from him will be garbo.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Has anyone realized the talisman RNG wall yet? Basically the only talismans that matter are the rare ones. You will need 5 rares to guarantee a rare of the next tier. You will need at least 25 T1 rares to get 5 T2 rares. You will need at least 125 T1 rares to get 5 T3 rares. That's a lot of farming to get a chance at a rare Rigwald drop.

I'll be able to pick up two or three this league, but it's going to be a heck of a grind... I might just down Rigwald in Standard and Hardcore and call it a league.

Thanks for the heads up... I did not realize the ratio was requiring a rare.
That is a lot of RNG for sure.

It's not as bad as you think, because you can funnel all the "junk" white/blue talismans into junk T3 talismans and use them to summon Rigwald for his uniques on his drop table anyway, even though the talisman you'll get from him will be garbo.

I assume the tiers are 20-29, 30-39 etc correct? (iLvl)

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Tiers refer to Talisman tiers.

The ones you find in the wild are Tier 1.

The ones created by combining 5 of those at a stone circle are Tier 2.

The ones created by combining 5 Tier 2 talismans are Tier 3, these summon minibosses at the stone circles.

Combining 5 Tier 3 talismans opens portals to fight the new boss, Rigwald, who drops a Tier 4 talisman and some Rigwald-specific uniques (similar to Atziri, he has his own drop table).

White/blue talismans are quite valuable for enabling access to fight Rigwald, and well worth saving, even though the resultant T4 Talisman *will* be garbage.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So got my IIR to 140 and its starting to make a difference.
I also got a Unique talisman to drop. :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
So got my IIR to 140 and its starting to make a difference.
I also got a Unique talisman to drop. :)

Nice!

This was one of the very 1st talismans I had drop:

2ew1hmh.jpg

Sadly, with a green socket, I have no use for it.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
There's only one unique talisman of each tier (although I think tier 2 differs between softcore and hardcore).

If the talisman is useless to you, you could always use it at a stone circle to try to get a tier 2 unique talisman (20% chance).

Or sell it of course :p

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
There's only one unique talisman of each tier (although I think tier 2 differs between softcore and hardcore).

If the talisman is useless to you, you could always use it at a stone circle to try to get a tier 2 unique talisman (20% chance).

Or sell it of course :p

What should I use it with.. 4 tier 1 rares?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I read that they are going to actually add the tier level to the name of the talismans and up the number of stone circles too -- thank God!

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
4 tier 1 anythings. Personally I'd use white/blue talismans, if you use 4 rares and get the unique outcome, you just wasted 4 rares.

Unique outcome is 20% chance no matter what you use with the unique, since it picks the rarity based on the inputs randomly with no weighting.

They are adding the tier level to the tooltip. Right now you can look at the talisman strings, white = T1, black = T2, red = T3 I think. It's not intuitive at all.

The issue with the stone circles is their rarity was balanced without taking into account that nearly all of the second half of the game is invalid tilesets to spawn them. They need to be much more common because there are very few A3/A4 zones they can spawn in.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I just run Ledge for a while whenever I feel the need to upgrade my Talismans. Personally, breaking out of a map to go grab talismans feels awful to me, so I don't mind doing focused runs on Ledge to upgrade.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Yeah the only reason to do stone circles in maps is to summon higher-level rigwald portals as far as I know.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Arrrggh
Every time I log in since the Talisman release I need to patch?! And it takes 20+ mins
WTH is going on?