Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I won't be on Path until the 11th. Feel free to ask questions here, I'm always happy to share my input :p

I do strongly recommend getting poeskilltree and playing with the new Talisman skill tree if you're going to be playing a right-side-of-tree build.

If you want to play something left side of tree, not much really changes in 2.1.

The Duelist got "attack" leech nodes instead of "physical attack" though, which is VERY interesting :p

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I won't be on Path until the 11th. Feel free to ask questions here, I'm always happy to share my input :p

I do strongly recommend getting poeskilltree and playing with the new Talisman skill tree if you're going to be playing a right-side-of-tree build.

If you want to play something left side of tree, not much really changes in 2.1.

The Duelist got "attack" leech nodes instead of "physical attack" though, which is VERY interesting :p

I think I am going to start with a MF build to get my currency up first.
Dual Flame totems seem to be the cheapest for MF and already comfortable with it.
Are there any others?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I think I am going to start with a MF build to get my currency up first.
Dual Flame totems seem to be the cheapest for MF and already comfortable with it.
Are there any others?

MF = Magic Finding, correct?

I'm really torn here. I REALLY want to play my two characters in Standard some more -- especially with combined stashes now. But I want to start a new character and play Talisman too. I have no idea thoughts for a build though -- I do like following cookie cutter builds (with a few tweaks) as I don't have time to spend formulating an attack.

I wish we had a more definitive start date for AScendancy.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
MF = Magic Finding, correct?

I'm really torn here. I REALLY want to play my two characters in Standard some more -- especially with combined stashes now. But I want to start a new character and play Talisman too. I have no idea thoughts for a build though -- I do like following cookie cutter builds (with a few tweaks) as I don't have time to spend formulating an attack.

I wish we had a more definitive start date for AScendancy.

Yup--- MF = Magic Find
I am in the same boat as you.
Combined stashes put me around 3EX... again I have horrid luck with drops
and never really used the trade market until now but I have collected some fair gear.
Also I have an Item Quantity gem in standard, which would make farming nice. :)\

As for builds.... yeah I figure run a flame totem build to get some currency and then see what other builds have been formed...

What is Ascendancy? I must be having a Homer *(no pun intended) moment lol

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I think I will give Talisman a shot, but if my build doesn't excite me, I'll bail and just play Standard with my two high level chars. I'm rich (4E!!!) and would really like to start in on some end-game content too that I have never seen or experienced.

I spent about 45 mins last night trying to get my stash in order and I'm not even close.

Ascendancy: https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
And WTH do I do with so many Chromatic orbs? I've got probably 1,000+ of them and really have no use at this point. I feel like I'm missing something.

Armorer's scrap too.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
And WTH do I do with so many Chromatic orbs? I've got probably 1,000+ of them and really have no use at this point. I feel like I'm missing something.

Armorer's scrap too.

Definitely keep the chromes. You will need loads at some point. I just move my "remove only tabs to the far right of my stash and keep them there as if they were extra tabs. I'll combine some things, but if I have a full page of chromes, then I don't bother trying to cram them into my already crowded standard tabs.

Also, an item at 20% quality has effectively double the chance of 6-linking if you're throwing fusings at it. I rarely have many scraps since I have a tab in standard of 6-socketed items that Im trying to link.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Definitely keep the chromes. You will need loads at some point. I just move my "remove only tabs to the far right of my stash and keep them there as if they were extra tabs. I'll combine some things, but if I have a full page of chromes, then I don't bother trying to cram them into my already crowded standard tabs.

This is sort of what I have done. I just have them piled up in their own tab(s) at this point. What will I need them for though I guess is my question.

And the Armorer's scrapes?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
This is sort of what I have done. I just have them piled up in their own tab(s) at this point. What will I need them for though I guess is my question.

And the Armorer's scrapes?

As stated above, scraps are good for linking items. A 20% quality item has double the chance of a 6 link. When you find a great chest and need that, it helps.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Patch notes dropped, flame totem is being GUTTED below spell level 22. May want to do something else for leveling in Talisman. Your high level flame totemers should be fine, especially if you use + gems weapons like you're supposed to :p

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Patch notes dropped, flame totem is being GUTTED below spell level 22. May want to do something else for leveling in Talisman. Your high level flame totemers should be fine, especially if you use + gems weapons like you're supposed to :p

Ugh
Does that mean existing flame totems in standard are going to be nerfed then too? Is my lvl 83 witch screwed?

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

grrrrr.... and now I have no clue what to run for MF build.
Was also considering poison arrow but apparently that is being reworked
and want to see what the feedback is.
What other MF builds do you suggest then Omen?
I mean affordable ones....

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
As stated above, scraps are good for linking items. A 20% quality item has double the chance of a 6 link. When you find a great chest and need that, it helps.

I use those scraps to finish up a quality rare item drop so I can run the chaos orb recipe for an extra orb. Knowing that a 6-link exists with 1500 fuses, I culd never ever, ever try the lottery. I cannot imagine how PO'd I'd be after blowing 1500 links and still not getting a 6-link. I would probably quit the game in a rage.

Now, if the option never existed from Vorici, then I would not mind... But once they implemented 1500=6l, I don't think I could ever play the slot machine game again.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I use those scraps to finish up a quality rare item drop so I can run the chaos orb recipe for an extra orb. Knowing that a 6-link exists with 1500 fuses, I culd never ever, ever try the lottery. I cannot imagine how PO'd I'd be after blowing 1500 links and still not getting a 6-link. I would probably quit the game in a rage.

Now, if the option never existed from Vorici, then I would not mind... But once they implemented 1500=6l, I don't think I could ever play the slot machine game again.

You mean the "full set" recipe? All unidentified and at 20% = 3 x Chaos Orb?

I am stockpiling fuses to get to 1,500. That's a hell of a lot though and will take a while to say the least.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
You mean the "full set" recipe? All unidentified and at 20% = 3 x Chaos Orb?

I am stockpiling fuses to get to 1,500. That's a hell of a lot though and will take a while to say the least.

Yep, that is the recipe. I identify and vendor all items under 15% typically, then save the 15%+ ones until I have a set, then bingo 3.

Some people think it is risky to sell unidentified items, as if I could sell something that is really good. But the truth is, a good roll is extremely rare and I it would take more time to carefully look at each item identified than to just vendor and keep the grinding going.

There are SOME items I do check out though and I do glance for obvious rare rolls, but for the most part I identify, glance and sell.

Last edited:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Ugh
Does that mean existing flame totems in standard are going to be nerfed then too? Is my lvl 83 witch screwed?

No, your high level flame totemers will be mildly nerfed or the same, depending on what level you've gotten your gem up to.

Level 21 flame totem gem breaks even with old versions. If you can get your flame totem gem to level 22+, the spell actually got buffed compared to the old version.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

The problem is spending 35+ Exalteds worth of fusing for something not worth 35+ exalteds simply isn't worth it in 90% of the cases. Most 6L items don't even reach that level of worth anyway, especially not perfectly rolled chests. Also, early in leagues, hitting a 5L on something like a Daresso's or Belly is easy money.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Any suggestions for what I should play after the patch? Right now I'm a flame totem/firestorm witch, solo play. I stink at and hate melee, would like some sort of stand off attack like totem, firestorm, necro and bowie (if they are feasible now). My flame totem is level 18 on my best character so I don't expect to hit 22 ever.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Any suggestions for what I should play after the patch? Right now I'm a flame totem/firestorm witch, solo play. I stink at and hate melee, would like some sort of stand off attack like totem, firestorm, necro and bowie (if they are feasible now). My flame totem is level 18 on my best character so I don't expect to hit 22 ever.

Lots of things got buffs in the patch notes... I was tempted to give spark totem a try again, but I think Im going to try to make a spectral throw CoC build. Though part of me still wants to give a viper strike build a try.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
No, your high level flame totemers will be mildly nerfed or the same, depending on what level you've gotten your gem up to.

Level 21 flame totem gem breaks even with old versions. If you can get your flame totem gem to level 22+, the spell actually got buffed compared to the old version.

Flame totem maxes at 20 though (where I'm at)

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Gem level is gem level, doesn't matter if it's "natural" level or "boosted" level.

The highest you can get a gem is 28, which is done by getting a +3 weapon (+2 element, +1 all gems) with a corrupted level 21 gem (corrupting level 20 gems has a chance to level them to 21) and a corrupted level 4 Empower gem (same idea, level 3 Empower can be corrupted to 4, rarely).

You probably won't notice the nerf at 20, it's that mild at that point. At 18 you might notice it but it's pretty mild still.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Did my first T7 map yesterday. It was Valley Jungle or something. The map itself wasn't too difficult, but the boss was impossible. I didn't die, but I just couldn't handle it. At first I was bummed. Maybe my build is horrible. But, I looked it up and the boss rating is listed as 5 and is 'incredibly difficult' - I am sure a CI build could do it, but I didn't feel so bad after I knew that.

It looks like a lot of the bosses really go up in difficulty when hitting T7+ and there are only a few that are easy according to the wiki... I bet those are in high demand and fetch a good price (the easy T7+ ones)

Edit ** BTW - When I looked up the values and level for Firestorm, the wiki only has data on up to L19... I wonder what a L23 gem would fetch? With +1 Gems and +2 Fire Gems. Also, if 28 is the highest, how does the "Pledge of Hands" have a L30 Spell Echo on it? And, WTH value does a L30 Spell Echo have?

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Did my first T7 map yesterday. It was Valley Jungle or something. The map itself wasn't too difficult, but the boss was impossible. I didn't die, but I just couldn't handle it. At first I was bummed. Maybe my build is horrible. But, I looked it up and the boss rating is listed as 5 and is 'incredibly difficult' - I am sure a CI build could do it, but I didn't feel so bad after I knew that.

It looks like a lot of the bosses really go up in difficulty when hitting T7+ and there are only a few that are easy according to the wiki... I bet those are in high demand and fetch a good price (the easy T7+ ones)

At T6+ I just stopped doing bosses. Sure some are easier than others, but sometimes I'd forget and attempt to fight them and OOOPS! Dead