Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
How the heck are you making money... my items are rarely selling.. maybe its because the times I am on.
I run London server, suppose the US has a big trade market. :(

I sold a 6L standard plate I had and... forgot what else :)
That being said I had a ton of stuff for sale, apparently too cheap as I was getting TONS of "want to buy it" messages. But (and I know this was jerkish) I didn't sell it and jacked up the prices. now I get no more mesages.

Have my 150 fusings for 5L. Now I need to get the 5S first (duh!)

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I can't seem to get past the 100% life, 100% damage bonus to Spectres that witch will be getting. That seems VERY strong...

Keep in mind, those are "increased", not "more". They aren't multipliers

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I sold a 6L standard plate I had and... forgot what else :)
That being said I had a ton of stuff for sale, apparently too cheap as I was getting TONS of "want to buy it" messages. But (and I know this was jerkish) I didn't sell it and jacked up the prices. now I get no more mesages.

Have my 150 fusings for 5L. Now I need to get the 5S first (duh!)

HAHA.... what prices were you originally setting?
As for 5L .... I bought a 5L chestpiece but getting 2 Red 2 Green 1 Blue is proving to be VERY difficult.
Yes I am using Vorc o_O

Nov 29, 2006
I got my first exalt drop last night on a map. I cant decide on my flame totem witch if i want to stick with the infernal mantle or buy a 5S/L high armor chest piece since my build is armor focused. Id lose DPS but gain survivability, although i dont die that often except to an occasional map boss.

I have the fusings to 5L something also.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I got my first exalt drop last night on a map. I cant decide on my flame totem witch if i want to stick with the infernal mantle or buy a 5S/L high armor chest piece since my build is armor focused. Id lose DPS but gain survivability, although i dont die that often except to an occasional map boss.

I have the fusings to 5L something also.

If you have the fusings to do the 5L on your own, I'd do that. 150 fusings isn't that absurd of an expense.

If you're armor focused, then I'd probably lose the mantel (and sell that for that matter) and pick up something nice for yourself. It's the holidays! Splurge a little!

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
HAHA.... what prices were you originally setting?
As for 5L .... I bought a 5L chestpiece but getting 2 Red 2 Green 1 Blue is proving to be VERY difficult.
Yes I am using Vorc o_O

If that armor is a non-pure-int base (has armor and/or evasion at all), it's almost guaranteed to be better to just spam chromes alone than using vorici.

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

(wonderful tool)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If that armor is a non-pure-int base (has armor and/or evasion at all), it's almost guaranteed to be better to just spam chromes alone than using vorici.

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

(wonderful tool)

Awesome tool.
Looks liek I will be just spamming chromes on my 5L too:

1zogfts.jpg

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
After spending some time getting to know the stats and mechanics of the game, I feel I bumped up several levels of ability. POE Trade was also a great resource. I have now used it a dozen times. Currently 84 on T5 maps. Very rare that I die... Gear is mediocre at best. But I am pretty tankish now, at least. Trying to work my way up higher tier maps and so far successful overall, but it is a long process... All my currency is probably only worth about 5 exalts. Hard to believe how rich some people are...

One irritation with the game is all the 'crap' unique drops that drop over and over. What a joke. I have received like 5 of those crappy iron hats, 5 boots of bronzescale (though they look nice - good for skin transfer), Oh the lovely Poleaxe. I have 6 of them. WTH is wideswing poleaxe dropping in 70-71 maps? That is my only gripe with this game.

Last edited:

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
After spending some time getting to know the stats and mechanics of the game, I feel I bumped up several levels of ability. POE Trade was also a great resource. I have now used it a dozen times. Currently 84 on T5 maps. Very rare that I die... Gear is mediocre at best. But I am pretty tankish now, at least. Trying to work my way up higher tier maps and so far successful overall, but it is a long process... All my currency is probably only worth about 5 exalts. Hard to believe how rich some people are...

One irritation with the game is all the 'crap' unique drops that drop over and over. What a joke. I have received like 5 of those crappy iron hats, 5 boots of bronzescale (though they look nice - good for skin transfer), Oh the lovely Poleaxe. I have 6 of them. WTH is wideswing poleaxe dropping in 70-71 maps? That is my only gripe with this game.

I feel the same way. Running high maps was much tougher at first but slowly getting the hang of it... and learning when to cut my losses and not die repeatedly to some Horrible map mods.
On my 87 Cyclone I was up to Tier 7 and a couple Tier 8's but some were very hard.
As for the crappy Uniques dropping, I know its Rng but man... that stupid Iron hat drops waaay too often :D

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
I'll be coming back for the Dec 11th leagues. I have nearly 1500hours into this game and still look forward to coming back for new leagues! This is one of the best games ever made imo.

I play hardcore temp leagues only though...any HC players here?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I feel the same way. Running high maps was much tougher at first but slowly getting the hang of it... and learning when to cut my losses and not die repeatedly to some Horrible map mods.
On my 87 Cyclone I was up to Tier 7 and a couple Tier 8's but some were very hard.
As for the crappy Uniques dropping, I know its Rng but man... that stupid Iron hat drops waaay too often :D

Not only the mods that I can/can't beat, but the types of tile-sets with its corresponding maps/monsters. Like I know desert maps and it's stupid Nightwave-esque endboss is just painful. I don't touch it.

With my current toon, thicket/ledge/reef maps I can plow through.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Not only the mods that I can/can't beat, but the types of tile-sets with its corresponding maps/monsters. Like I know desert maps and it's stupid Nightwave-esque endboss is just painful. I don't touch it.

With my current toon, thicket/ledge/reef maps I can plow through.

Boss in the museum T3 (or T4?) map is brutal... Desert boss is tedious with all the zombies giving some sort of corrupted blood when they touch you. I avoid desert and museum.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Boss in the museum T3 (or T4?) map is brutal... Desert boss is tedious with all the zombies giving some sort of corrupted blood when they touch you. I avoid desert and museum.

Ugh yes! Museum is probably the worst.
I will do those maps but just skip the boss.

Nov 29, 2006

Yeah i tend to die at least one on museum boss every time. need to learn to run in circles more and let me totems burn that SOB lol

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I'll be coming back for the Dec 11th leagues. I have nearly 1500hours into this game and still look forward to coming back for new leagues! This is one of the best games ever made imo.

I play hardcore temp leagues only though...any HC players here?

I don't think any of us play Hardcore.

Permadeath isn't my idea of fun, personally.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I just ran the Vault of Atziri and not a single Unique lol... oh well.. them's the breaks.
As for bosses... the one that hurts like hell for my current toon is the Boss (not sure of name) that spams Frontal Ground earth Shattering cone at unbelievable speeds.
The one with the Spikes that come out of the ground. :(

In regards to the upcoming league... any idea how long this new big league will last?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I just ran the Vault of Atziri and not a single Unique lol... oh well.. them's the breaks.
As for bosses... the one that hurts like hell for my current toon is the Boss (not sure of name) that spams Frontal Ground earth Shattering cone at unbelievable speeds.
The one with the Spikes that come out of the ground. :(

In regards to the upcoming league... any idea how long this new big league will last?

That's the worst when Atziri is more or less a bust. It gets annoying running around doing nothing then getting nothing in return. :(

I found a "Coward's Trial" map (T1) which I will do once I flip levels. Apparently the final boss resurrects EVERY corpse on the ground.

As for Talisman League -- don't think they have announced a length yet. I would assume that it will go up to the Ascendancy league release which is Q1 2016

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Coward's Trial is really easy, I ran one with Xiandre (playing on london gateway, so VERY laggy for me!) during the flashback.

Now, running it while Beyond was active... that was fun. Literally spawned like 5 beyond bosses in one map.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Anyone notice how silly the currency exchange is? For example, standard rate is 2:1 for fuse:chaos. But when it comes to exalt it tends to be 50:1 for chaos:exalt, and 70:1 fuse:exalt. Data does not compute. Convert chaos to fuse, then go buy your exalt. Strange indeed. I bet people make a killing just sitting and doing exchanges. But you have to have money to make it...

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Anyone notice how silly the currency exchange is? For example, standard rate is 2:1 for fuse:chaos. But when it comes to exalt it tends to be 50:1 for chaos:exalt, and 70:1 fuse:exalt. Data does not compute. Convert chaos to fuse, then go buy your exalt. Strange indeed. I bet people make a killing just sitting and doing exchanges. But you have to have money to make it...

Yup... must have the currency to get the currency .... not great for us but fantastic for the college students with no work and too much free time :cool:

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
That's because fuses are generally about 2 chaos for 3 fuses, but flippers will "round" to 1:2 because people will still do it because people are dumb.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Ok... made some money. Spent some money. Was really in a "pay it forward" mood this morning and sold some stuff cheaper than I probably should have... but meh. My stash was full -- time to sell.

My South Paw is a beast now.

Abyssus 4L
Lightning Coil 6S 5L
Death's Hand 3L

Need to get my lighting resist up higher still (109% max)
Really can't decide on belt/boots/gloves though.

Maxing at 42K+ now DPS.

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
I can't believe I ignored this game for such a long time. Started playing a few weeks ago and just can't stop playing :) Got a 60 dual flame totem OP Witch but man there are so many cool builds to read about. I can't wait to hit 80 and switch to the dual freezing pulse totem spec that I saw here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422161. I'm actually leveling up some of the gems I need in a 4L boot with Spell Totem -> Freezing Pulse -> Cold Penetration -> Faster Casting and use it once in a while. Even though the tool tip DPS says it is almost as good as my fire totem it just doesn't kill fast enough yet. From the thread it says I'll need to be 80 with a 6L chest and a lot better gear to make it work. In the mean time it is still fun to drop a freezing pulse totem + flame totem once in a while but for the most part I use two flame totems to mop the floor.

Just blows me away how complicated this game is. So boring at first that I almost gave up on it, but once you progress a bit and spend some passive points and learn about linking gems and read about all the almost infinite build possibilities your head starts to explode. I read up on the dual flame totem Witch and went with that but for some reason I didn't even see the flame totem gem on the vendor till like level 9 so I was mostly using fireball. I got my 1st totem and initially thought "hmm this isn't so great" but then you get it leveled up and then make that first link and see your dps almost double. Later when you get the passives to drop two totems you love the OP feeling :)

Still so much to learn in this game. I'm in total amazement people can come up with such a complicated skill tree and gem system. Haven't had this much fun since the soul system in RIFT.