Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
You have a 1/14 chance of spawning Zana in a map.

50% chance of master spawning in a map at all, even chances for any of the 7 masters to be the one picked if a master spawns. This is about 7% chance per map to spawn her.

That means you have about a 53% chance to see zana within 10 maps, and about an 85% chance to see zana within 25 maps. By 50 maps, the odds are 98% that you'll have seen Zana at least once.

TLDR: keep doing maps, she WILL show up. It often takes a fair few maps though.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You have a 1/14 chance of spawning Zana in a map.

50% chance of master spawning in a map at all, even chances for any of the 7 masters to be the one picked if a master spawns. This is about 7% chance per map to spawn her.

That means you have about a 53% chance to see zana within 10 maps, and about an 85% chance to see zana within 25 maps. By 50 maps, the odds are 98% that you'll have seen Zana at least once.

TLDR: keep doing maps, she WILL show up. It often takes a fair few maps though.

LOL somebody broke out their calculator last night!

She actually did appear last night for me -- and I got smoked.

Had to kill 3 exiles in X minutes. Got 2 of them, and the 3rd would insta-death me. Had a total with fire and it was "BAM". Dead.

Side question...
Superior gems obviously are nice. But last night I found a superior Ice Golem gem. And debated replacing my level 17 gem with this level 1 gem at 15% quality. I ended up using it (now level 5) but wasn't sure what the common consensus on swapping out a high level gem for a low level gem of quality.

Also, MY GOD, would these dudes selling strong one-handed swords get their butts online :)

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Generally speaking, active SPELL skill gems (summons included), you keep using the high level one while you level up the new, qualitied one. Active attacks, it depends on a lot more variables.

Support gems it depends on the gem. Some are nearly as strong at level 1 20% quality than they are at level 20 0% quality! Most are a minor downgrade that quickly catches up.

Tohtori

Aug 27, 2013
Speaking of Masters -- I can NOT get Zana to appear. Not ONCE yet and at level 68 in Merciless.

Good luck on that, it took me 2 months of mapping to get my first Zana mission on Rampage league. I have played standard only since.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Just a couple more weeks for Talisman to start.

I think I'm going to make a non-crit EK Scion. That new "-100% crit, +25% damage multiplier" support looks great, and EK is insane as a Scion (because EK scales with spell damage, physical damage, and projectile damage, so jewel slots = huge damage boosts with decent jewels).

It'll be my second build ever where I'll actually want a Tabula... LOL (the first being a failed attempt at Dominating Blow Facebreaker)

EK + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Chain + Added Fire + new support

Also I feel like EK is going to abuse the Talisman affixes really well.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

I think I'm going to make a non-crit EK Scion. That new "-100% crit, +25% damage multiplier" support looks great, and EK is insane as a Scion (because EK scales with spell damage, physical damage, and projectile damage, so jewel slots = huge damage boosts with decent jewels).

It'll be my second build ever where I'll actually want a Tabula... LOL (the first being a failed attempt at Dominating Blow Facebreaker)

Any idea how long this new full league will last? .. I hope its at least 3 months long.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008

I bought a +1 to skill gems tabula for a little over 2 exalts at the start of the last league. It served me really well with my flame totem build. Your EK build sounds awesome. I might look into doing it, but I've been working on some flame trap builds I wanted to use.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I (and I'm sure everyone else) definitely want to make a build based off some of the new skills -- my concern there is everyone is therefor going to be going after similar gear thus jacking up the price for it during the league.

Hopefully there a few guides out there to follow.

On a good note I sold my first item this morning. Sold off the Drillneck for 1 E, 25C and 5 Vaal Orbs.

Now if I could find something to buy -- with the people ACTUALLY online!!

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I (and I'm sure everyone else) definitely want to make a build based off some of the new skills -- my concern there is everyone is therefor going to be going after similar gear thus jacking up the price for it during the league.

Hopefully there a few guides out there to follow.

On a good note I sold my first item this morning. Sold off the Drillneck for 1 E, 25C and 5 Vaal Orbs.

Now if I could find something to buy -- with the people ACTUALLY online!!

That right there is my issue.
I have an EX but when I see something I want... "that person is logged on" lol.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
That right there is my issue.
I have an EX but when I see something I want... "that person is logged on" lol.

ALL_THE_TIME

That's why I was pissed when you got that sword that I wanted!!.
I've sent PM's to them, but nobody every responds.

Going to shop for a 5L now I think. Maybe some of those people are online.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Well that was a quick shopping trip.
Anything that is 5L has pure shit for evasion.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Those with shops running -- how do you set your prices? I mean do you look up the going rate for stuff and then post it? Or do most things get a generic 1C price?

I'd love to sell a bunch of items I have, but I'd hate to have to look up every damned one.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Those with shops running -- how do you set your prices? I mean do you look up the going rate for stuff and then post it? Or do most things get a generic 1C price?

I'd love to sell a bunch of items I have, but I'd hate to have to look up every damned one.

I set 1 Alch buyout on the cheap stuff and try and work out the chaos buyout price for the better things.
Been very slow. I think if this was the new big league things would sell a lot more but now... I think people are taking a break Pre new league

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I set 1 Alch buyout on the cheap stuff and try and work out the chaos buyout price for the better things.
Been very slow. I think if this was the new big league things would sell a lot more but now... I think people are taking a break Pre new league

Yeah I'm not specifically talking about for this league-- I'm just talking about setting up shop in general.

I have a ton of stuff to sell in standard, and some in the current league, but I don't have the time/patience to price every damned thing out.

Found this, makes it a bit easier:
http://www.poeprice.info/

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Yeah I'm not specifically talking about for this league-- I'm just talking about setting up shop in general.

I have a ton of stuff to sell in standard, and some in the current league, but I don't have the time/patience to price every damned thing out.

Found this, makes it a bit easier:
http://www.poeprice.info/

Thanks that makes life much easier

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Have you looked at some of the subclasses yet?

Duelist can pick between subclasses capable of getting:

Melee splash automatically with 2H
**OR**
100% of block applied to spell block
**OR**
Permanent Fortify

Witch can spec "necromancer" and get super minions, or (interestingly), increased skill duration and flesh/bone offering applies to the caster as well, which sounds AMAZING even if you aren't a summoner!

The subclasses sound neat, and I can't wait to figure out unintended ways to abuse their benefits :p

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
It looks amazing for sure. :)
On another note I landed a very good death's hand for 1Ex.
This weapon is amazing, I am peaking at 22.5k dps with mediocre gear :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Death's Hand is god-tier for reave.

Hell yes it is.
I've been farming and selling and buying like nuts today.

Pick up Death's Hand, Hyrri's Ire a new sword with 145-307 pDPS
and I still have 1E and 36C in the bank

Saving up to 5L my Hyrri's now

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Have you looked at some of the subclasses yet?

Duelist can pick between subclasses capable of getting:

Melee splash automatically with 2H
**OR**
100% of block applied to spell block
**OR**
Permanent Fortify

Witch can spec "necromancer" and get super minions, or (interestingly), increased skill duration and flesh/bone offering applies to the caster as well, which sounds AMAZING even if you aren't a summoner!

The subclasses sound neat, and I can't wait to figure out unintended ways to abuse their benefits :p

I can't seem to get past the 100% life, 100% damage bonus to Spectres that witch will be getting. That seems VERY strong...

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Hell yes it is.
I've been farming and selling and buying like nuts today.

Pick up Death's Hand, Hyrri's Ire a new sword with 145-307 pDPS
and I still have 1E and 36C in the bank

Saving up to 5L my Hyrri's now

How the heck are you making money... my items are rarely selling.. maybe its because the times I am on.
I run London server, suppose the US has a big trade market. :(