Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Tabs should never disappear. If they're actually not there, put in a support ticket.

Right... that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure we bought extra and premium tabs -- did we not? I haven't been online in a couple of days, so haven't triple checked.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I spent about 25 respec stones and redid my main. Built him around survival, purchased a few pieces over POE trade. Now I dual wield screpres with Firestorm on my Duelist. I like being different - I doubt many people run a spellcaster duelist. Still operating on 4L only... Maybe one day I can afford a 6L chest. I can survive dominus easily now, been farming him. Level 76 though.

What is the average cost is a decent rare 6L chest? a few exalted?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I spent about 25 respec stones and redid my main. Built him around survival, purchased a few pieces over POE trade. Now I dual wield screpres with Firestorm on my Duelist. I like being different - I doubt many people run a spellcaster duelist. Still operating on 4L only... Maybe one day I can afford a 6L chest. I can survive dominus easily now, been farming him. Level 76 though.

What is the average cost is a decent rare 6L chest? a few exalted?

In standard? There are 6Ls for as cheap as 1C
It depends on what stats accompany it though.

Items in Leagues are VERY expensive. I'd kill for even a 5L for my Reaver right now, but a cheap one is 1E. I think I have one chaos right now... can't even dream of an Exalted. Once your toon is in Standard, prices drop through the floor

Last edited:

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
It depends on what stats accompany it though.

Items in Leagues are VERY expensive. I'd kill for even a 5L for my Reaver right now, but a cheap one is 1E. I think I have one chaos right now... can't even dream of an Exalted. Once your toon is in Standard, prices drop through the floor

How is your reaver doing? I hit 61 last night and just entered Merciless.
With procs going, I am around 4.8k dps with tons of room for gear improvements and only running a 4L and my 1handed Rare sword needs a big upgrade.
Honestly though the 5L adds the increased AOE for clearing packs and quick map runs.
I suppose you could ignore that and add more dps instead.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
How is your reaver doing? I hit 61 last night and just entered Merciless.
With procs going, I am around 4.8k dps with tons of room for gear improvements and only running a 4L and my 1handed Rare sword needs a big upgrade.
Honestly though the 5L adds the increased AOE for clearing packs and quick map runs.
I suppose you could ignore that and add more dps instead.

She's pretty solid. Has some issues with end-bosses (Daresso just kicked my butt in Cruel). My resists are pretty low so that's not helping.

I'm trying to re-juggle my gear to get things lined up properly. Everything is pretty jacked up right now. I can't find decently linked gear with decent attributes. I'm STARTING to see some solid drops (like 2 chaos this morning, some 5 and 6S items.) Gotta get my masters up too and start crafting.

I love the character though. Nothing beats opening a strongbox and hitting Vaal Reave and melting them away in seconds.

Can you link to your character?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Idunno about these new skills when there are plenty of old ones that need further work done.

But they can't stay stagnant either. They have to keep rolling out new items.
Now, they are rolling out a TON it seems, hopefully they are decently balanced and worked. I look forward to them. I will definitely look to build a character based on one of them once some guides get laid out (I don't have time to design my own character)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Idunno about these new skills when there are plenty of old ones that need further work done.

The people working on the new skills are different than the people working on balance. The new league will update the skill tree and many old skills too. I've made builds with most of the skills in the game at this point. You can map with anything, but yes, it would be nice if some skills were re-worked or buffed slightly.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008

No, there aren't.

Any 6L you see listed for 1c are being troll-listed by people who have no intentions of ever actually completing the trade, hoping that newbies will not know any better, list their own 6L that cheap, so the troll-lister can snatch it up.

OR they're listing that cheap so they show up when people list their stuff "buyout only" and sort by cheapest price, and have a real price in mind they'll tell you when you try to trade with them.

Both types of people are scum.

The cheapest 6L possible to get is almost always Tabula Rasa, which ranges from 14-30 chaos (corrupted) or up to 1 exalt (uncorrupted), with the +1 gems corruption going for several exalts.

ANY uncorrupted 6L that isn't tabula rasa is worth multiple exalts, minimum. Even if it has shit rolls - you can always dump chaos/scouring/etc into making it have good-enough stats.

The Tempest League distorted the price of corrupted 6L because it flooded them into standard, you can often get corrupted 6L for the price of a Tabula or so. Be aware that changing socket colors is expensive/difficult (requires level 8 vorici and 1 vaal orb per chromatic cost, so at least 4 vaals per color roll).

Any 6L can be vendored for a divine orb, so the price of a 6L HAS to be floored at a Divine (generally 10-20 chaos). Anyone selling a 6L for less than a divine is just throwing away money.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
She's pretty solid. Has some issues with end-bosses (Daresso just kicked my butt in Cruel). My resists are pretty low so that's not helping.

I'm trying to re-juggle my gear to get things lined up properly. Everything is pretty jacked up right now. I can't find decently linked gear with decent attributes. I'm STARTING to see some solid drops (like 2 chaos this morning, some 5 and 6S items.) Gotta get my masters up too and start crafting.

I love the character though. Nothing beats opening a strongbox and hitting Vaal Reave and melting them away in seconds.

Can you link to your character?

Not sure how to link a character but her name is Frescan 63 Ranger
Base Dps is 4.2k before any procs. 75% fire 75% cold and around 60% something Lightning resist, HP is very low around 2.7k
This build does not have very many HP nodes, I need to figure out how to incorporate more.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Yeap I can seem em now. Wish I would have saved my last chest piece for you (1000 Evasion) :(

Haven't tried Aquistion yet -- better? worse?

I have no clue.. its my first shop and seemed the popular vote pointed to Aquisition.
I will get a new chestpiece soon enough... right now have enough to buy Death's hand but want to see if something drops. :D

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I have no clue.. its my first shop and seemed the popular vote pointed to Aquisition.
I will get a new chestpiece soon enough... right now have enough to buy Death's hand but want to see if something drops. :D

Death's Hand is like 1E+
You have that much? I hope to sell that Drillneck quiver and pick up a Death Hand with that money.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Death's Hand is like 1E+
You have that much? I hope to sell that Drillneck quiver and pick up a Death Hand with that money.

An exalted dropped ealier in leveling, first one ever for me :)

Edit.... finally upgraded my sword... got this one for 5 Chaos :)

1zcedyg.jpg

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
An exalted dropped ealier in leveling, first one ever for me :)

Edit.... finally upgraded my sword... got this one for 5 Chaos :)

1zcedyg.jpg

You bought that one didn't you?! I'm pretty sure that's the same one I was messaging the dude on but he was AFK!

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
You bought that one didn't you?! I'm pretty sure that's the same one I was messaging the dude on but he was AFK!

LOL I did... he was AFK for me for a long time but finally he responded :)
Thing is it will accept a mod... so waiting until I am level 5 for that master and will add a crit chance mod or similar. :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Speaking of Masters -- I can NOT get Zana to appear. Not ONCE yet and at level 68 in Merciless.