Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 29, 2006
I just hit 80 last night.. need push to 85 as well :)

On a side note I struck gold with a Rare drop..
Words just don't do justice .... look at the Spell damage + Cast speed :biggrin:

2qs09qc.jpg

Dang that's nice.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Not to be too mean, but when Slag was online in the guild complaining about difficulty, he was claiming that A4 Piety's laser was "impossible to dodge". When I suggested he use some form of increased movement (to allow for more lax reaction times), and suggested movement affixes on boots, quicksilver flasks, phase run, or any other movement skill, he got quite angry because he "thought this wasn't a game where you have to build a certain way" and logged off.

I think he just needs to stick with Diablo 3.

I logged off because I needed to relax. I've been busy IRL and haven't logged back on since, but I haven't given up. I have an explosive temper and game to relax and it was frustrating to me. I'm human.

I used to be good at gaming and as I get older, I realize Im losing my touch. It's frustrating to me to die 3 times in a row to a beam I can't dodge or run around fast enough while fighting the mobs that are trying to kill me. There are multiple mobs in that room and I drop health quickly as I'm running around the beam, trying not to get hit. I think I got the boss down to 1/2 once but it was pretty tough for me.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I took the damage increases over the fast cast. If lightning is good aoe, is it a problem for bosses? I'd normally like the idea of cold if it snares/freezes...

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Dang that's nice.

Trust me... I had the same reaction. I had to do a double take to make sure
I wasn't reading it incorrectly.

I logged off because I needed to relax. I've been busy IRL and haven't logged back on since, but I haven't given up. I have an explosive temper and game to relax and it was frustrating to me. I'm human.

I used to be good at gaming and as I get older, I realize Im losing my touch. It's frustrating to me to die 3 times in a row to a beam I can't dodge or run around fast enough while fighting the mobs that are trying to kill me. There are multiple mobs in that room and I drop health quickly as I'm running around the beam, trying not to get hit. I think I got the boss down to 1/2 once but it was pretty tough for me.

It affects a lot of us, especially me. I cannot play competitive FPS anymore.
My hands cramp up lol... and honestly I play to have fun.
Piety is rough if the beam hits you.
I had a map last night where I lost 70% of a level because I was stubborn trying to kill the final boss. It was one of the Gattling Gun Unique boss with a whole platoon of them and I think the map added extra projectiles and dmg and some other crap (yellow class map).
Some times you just need to cut your loses, walk away from the game and
start fresh the next day. :)

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Alts: sell in trade chat for chaos if you have too many to convert to fuses via elreon/vorici combo. Generally 14-16 alts per chaos.

Next leagues: no info yet except HC/SC versions should be the same league for a change. Which is good, because Tempest WAS SO MUCH BETTER than Warbands, but fuck HC.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So low and behold Belly of the Beast drops last night.
Not only that but I was able to 5 socket and 5L it within around 45 fusing :)

Nov 29, 2006
So low and behold Belly of the Beast drops last night.
Not only that but I was able to 5 socket and 5L it within around 45 fusing :)

Going back to that awesome drop you had you posted earlier. I got an embued wand (which i cant use due to INT) that had like 15% elemental spell damage and 95% spell damage and other stuff last night. Ill see if i can figure out how to screenshot it like you did when i get home.

Need moar INT!!

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Going back to that awesome drop you had you posted earlier. I got an embued wand (which i cant use due to INT) that had like 15% elemental spell damage and 95% spell damage and other stuff last night. Ill see if i can figure out how to screenshot it like you did when i get home.

Need moar INT!!

Very Nice!
I just use snipping tool, combined with tinypic.
Use the inventory view on the website with mouse over item hover. ;)

Is there an AT guild? I'll join if so. Name=Dracose

L71 Cyclone Build Act 4, Merciless.

Homer handles the invites... I am sure you will get invite soon :cool:

Edit... Dang he beat me to it ... hehe

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Sactwnguy beat me to it. :)
On a lot of builds having a minimum of a 5L chestpiece and 6L if you can somehow afford it, makes a HUGE difference on DPS etc.
Being able to craft the links takes a crap ton of Alts.
To be honest 500 Alts is nothing. :) It takes 150 Fusings to get 5L on Chestpiece through the Master, nevermind if you do it yourself (Rng dice rolls)

I just saw this.

500??

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I just saw this.

500??

Yeah 500 Alts is not that much if you farm a lot.
You can accumalate a lot more than you think.
And they go very quickly when you are trying to roll flasks etc,
nevermind exchanging them for other currency.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000

Thanks for the invite.

I have 400 or so alts and you are right... I am careful with them, because it can take 30-40 just to get a good weapon. I hoard all my currency knowing that I will need a lot coming up soon.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Also divination cards are about the most disappointing thing in the game. Such a rare drop and you need to get X of them to complete a set. And the sets are worth PURE CRAP.

Amen to this. They take up a lot of space and like 90% of them are garbage.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm really getting sick of trying to level in Merciless. 1 death at level 81 sets you back an 1_ hours of grinding. I could stay and do Dried Lake and likely never die, but it's a yawn. So then I go do some maps and am going along fine, turn a corner and BLAM! I get blasted.

Nov 29, 2006
I'm really getting sick of trying to level in Merciless. 1 death at level 81 sets you back an 1_ hours of grinding. I could stay and do Dried Lake and likely never die, but it's a yawn. So then I go do some maps and am going along fine, turn a corner and BLAM! I get blasted.

I been farming Dried Lake. Almost lvl 76 (probably tonight). But yeah when i did some maps when i first could some would be easy then others just die 5 times in a row lol

Im still trying to figure out what items are valuable trade wise. Havent done a trade or anything yet. Just solo play. Trying to play the currency recipes game etc. My gear isnt great but my DPS seems high. Resists all suck.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

I'm starting to think I might not play this very long.

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
So, I keep poking in here once in a while. Haven't really played since before it was closed beta with only 3 acts. I know the build is super important and have no idea really what is good these days. Any suggestions? Also, how do you know what "currency" is worth keeping around? Which items do you really need to watch for?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
So, I keep poking in here once in a while. Haven't really played since before it was closed beta with only 3 acts. I know the build is super important and have no idea really what is good these days. Any suggestions? Also, how do you know what "currency" is worth keeping around? Which items do you really need to watch for?

I'm certainly no expert, but I also left about the same time you did and just came back. The temporary leagues are fun-they have special monsters not present in standard.

I personally tend to play slowly and hardcore, well just because.

For newbie builds, especially for those of too old for twitch builds, I'd suggest the witch with flame totems. Here is a link to a great thread and youtube video:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1303239

As far as trading/the economy goes, I have no idea-haven't ventured into that at all.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
My gear isnt great but my DPS seems high. Resists all suck.

FIX DEM RESISTS.

Seriously, you HAVE to be resist capped on fire/cold/lightning to survive maps. How much HP do you have?

I'm nearly 83 in the 1 month, 2 more weeks to get ~2.2 more levels, I think I can make it. Got my build to the point where I can facetank Colonnade Kole, which is hilarious :p

As far as Alts go... in the 1 month I currently have over 700 alts, I've sold at least 500 alts to people in trade to get chaos so I could buy gear with it... and I have a couple thousand alts in Standard. Alts are easy :p

Although to be fair, on top of IDing all rares all the time (other than crap bases for unid recipes), I run a shop with many 4-8 alt tabs, selling mildly useful junk :p

Nov 29, 2006
FIX DEM RESISTS.

Seriously, you HAVE to be resist capped on fire/cold/lightning to survive maps. How much HP do you have?

I'm nearly 83 in the 1 month, 2 more weeks to get ~2.2 more levels, I think I can make it. Got my build to the point where I can facetank Colonnade Kole, which is hilarious :p

As far as Alts go... in the 1 month I currently have over 700 alts, I've sold at least 500 alts to people in trade to get chaos so I could buy gear with it... and I have a couple thousand alts in Standard. Alts are easy :p

Although to be fair, on top of IDing all rares all the time (other than crap bases for unid recipes), I run a shop with many 4-8 alt tabs, selling mildly useful junk :p

lvl 76
3593hp
52% fire
-26% cold?
44% lightning
6266 DPS with flame totem

nothing special im sure lol new player really.