Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Oh, I thought of another good newbie tip: Uniques are good, but good rare items are usually better.

Most builds, come lategame, utilize 1-4 uniques for key effects and wear rares in every other slot.

Uniques are amazing for leveling though!

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Oh, I thought of another good newbie tip: Uniques are good, but good rare items are usually better.

Most builds, come lategame, utilize 1-4 uniques for key effects and wear rares in every other slot.

Uniques are amazing for leveling though!

That's very true -- not just for POE but for most Diablo clones. Uniques have their place, but usually only the highest ones are worth wearing. Rares are just way more versatile an come in a large rainbow of flavors.

Gems + linked support gems really can wreak some havoc, and it seems you'll find more rares with more sockets and links early on.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
I don't know how cheap/common they are nowadays, but if you can get a Goldrim hat, that thing will last you until 60+. Best leveling unique in the game, no matter what class/build you want to play.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
5 chaos o_O

no leveling unique should cost that much, wtf is wrong with warbands...

edit: actually looked at your link, there's tons of them going for anywhere from 1 chaos to a stack of alts, which is much more reasonable. Maybe those people weren't online when you searched?

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
If anyone has Iron will please let me know.
It's not available for witch's.
I need to trade for it. :)

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I think we're all witches haha

LOL I guess I am stuck. Will keep trying to find Hehe.

On a side note with my IR gem I am at 181% IR with flame totem. Its fun to see so many yellows drop. A fair amount of Uniques as well. :)

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
If you guys want to shoot me an invite to the guild, that would be much appreciated. My account name is uoislame.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
If you guys want to shoot me an invite to the guild, that would be much appreciated. My account name is uoislame.

Hrmm...I'm a noob at inviting but I'm getting invalid character name for that.

Try messaging Derp I'll be on for a few minutes. Homer is online at the moment too

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
That is strange. You can add friends by account name and message by account name. If I get on today, I will be on ZlatanTheGod, so you can add that one. Thanks.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Elreon decided to sell me a Voltaxic Rift today. Not sure why he's got a bow for sale but I'm not going to complain, I could use an archer character.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Elreon decided to sell me a Voltaxic Rift today. Not sure why he's got a bow for sale but I'm not going to complain, I could use an archer character.

Level 8 masters have a chance of selling uniques. They each have a different loot table and the chances of one appearing are equal to their drop rate. I've gotten a few, but mostly aren't worth the like 8c cost. The best I've gotten was a Bringer of Rain.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Oh I'm aware, I just thought Elreon selling a bow was silly.

And yes, very few are worth the price. Voltaxic is one of them.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
That is strange. You can add friends by account name and message by account name. If I get on today, I will be on ZlatanTheGod, so you can add that one. Thanks.

Wasn't on yesterday but I looked and you have been sent an invite. :D

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
5 chaos o_O

no leveling unique should cost that much, wtf is wrong with warbands...

edit: actually looked at your link, there's tons of them going for anywhere from 1 chaos to a stack of alts, which is much more reasonable. Maybe those people weren't online when you searched?

It was originally 20 chaos+ in Warbands because GGG switched it to a Tier 1 rarity drop. They corrected this with a recent patch and it has dropped in price.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Maps come in Merciless after Act 3, correct?
I really gotta start plowing through Cruel Act 4 and stomp screwing around leveling.