Pat Robertson: still a jackass.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Evangelist: Bush supporting "muslim rebels" in Liberia.

The article has a fairly reasonable tone at first...

"How dare the president of the United States say to the duly elected president of another country, 'You've got to step down'?" Robertson said Monday on "The 700 Club," broadcast from his Christian Broadcasting Network.

And later we see the real reason he's pissed off about this whole thing...

Robertson, 73, a Bush supporter who has financial interests in Liberia, said he believes the State Department has "mismanaged the situation in nation after nation after nation" in Africa.

"So we're undermining a Christian, Baptist president to bring in Muslim rebels to take over the country," he said in the broadcast.

Robertson told The Washington Post in an interview published Thursday he has "written off in my own mind" an $8 million investment in a Liberian gold mining venture he made four years ago, under an agreement with Taylor's government.

"If I could find some people to sell it to, I'd be more than delighted," he said in the article.

rolleye.gif

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur
Too bad he hasn't been caught doing coke in a motel room with a hooker yet.
He'd just get on the air after being busted, cry, beg God for forgiveness, and it'd be back to business as usual.
rolleye.gif

rust5tyle

Dec 23, 2002
Pat Robertson also had this to say recently:

In the early stages of the Road Map peace process, weather catastrophe and recent violence in Israel have competed for the headlines. That violence coupled with America's own battles at home are leading some to question the Road Map. Is there a connection between dividing the Holy Land and utter disruption? Some Bible scholars think so.
Click here to read more about how God is punishing America for attempting to bring peace to the middle east.

rolleye.gif

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: stormbv
Pat Robertson is a douchebag.
There you go, insulting douchebags, again. At least douchebags have a useful purpose. :)

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Just when I think my opinion of Robertson and the televangilists can't go any lower, the article lets it slip that this clown has eight million dollars to piss away in speculative investments. It makes me physically ill to think of the well-intentioned but gullible folk who gave him that money in the first place-I hope they got their entertainment dollars worth out of it, for he certainly is no man of any God I recognize.

Doesn't Robertson's tone sound like a old-line union man-my side (Christianity) is always right no matter what they do, and the others are always wrong.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Thump553
Just when I think my opinion of Robertson and the televangilists can't go any lower, the article lets it slip that this clown has eight million dollars to piss away in speculative investments. It makes me physically ill to think of the well-intentioned but gullible folk who gave him that money in the first place-I hope they got their entertainment dollars worth out of it, for he certainly is no man of any God I recognize.

Doesn't Robertson's tone sound like a old-line union man-my side (Christianity) is always right no matter what they do, and the others are always wrong.
But, but, but....he just wanted to help people!
rolleye.gif

He said his investment was intended to help pay for humanitarian and evangelical efforts in Liberia.

LoqT

Feb 19, 2001
The epitome of religious fananticism. If he loves his god so much, he can come over to my house and my trusty .22 can help him on his way there.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

You didn't know about Pat's wealth??? The man own diamond mines in Africa. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars. He uses the "relief planes" his charities have bought to transport diamond mining equipent, rather than food and medical supplies.

The man is an out and out crook.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Amused

You didn't know about Pat's wealth??? The man own diamond mines in Africa. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars. He uses the "relief planes" his charities have bought to transport diamond mining equipent, rather than food and medical supplies.

How come Christians love him?

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Amused

How come Christians love him?

Because he lies, and they believe him.

And to be fair, he is supported by a minority of people who identify themselves as "Christian."

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i wonder why he hasn't been brought up on fraud charges?

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: stormbv
Pat Robertson is a douchebag.
There you go, insulting douchebags, again. At least douchebags have a useful purpose. :)

You're right. I'm sorry, douchebags. It was wrong of me to compare you to that self-righteous, intolerant space cadet. Can you forgive me? :brokenheart:

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Evangelist: Bush supporting "muslim rebels" in Liberia.

The article has a fairly reasonable tone at first...

"How dare the president of the United States say to the duly elected president of another country, 'You've got to step down'?" Robertson said Monday on "The 700 Club," broadcast from his Christian Broadcasting Network.

And later we see the real reason he's pissed off about this whole thing...

Robertson, 73, a Bush supporter who has financial interests in Liberia, said he believes the State Department has "mismanaged the situation in nation after nation after nation" in Africa.

"So we're undermining a Christian, Baptist president to bring in Muslim rebels to take over the country," he said in the broadcast.

Robertson told The Washington Post in an interview published Thursday he has "written off in my own mind" an $8 million investment in a Liberian gold mining venture he made four years ago, under an agreement with Taylor's government.

"If I could find some people to sell it to, I'd be more than delighted," he said in the article.

rolleye.gif

Do you remember when he ran for president?