Pat Buchanan tells it like it is!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
What a week for Pat Buchanan!
I watched him on McGlauglin group and heard him in a couple of interviews. He tells it like it is!
To paraphrase:

What Bill Clinton did was to raise the issue not whether Obama is black, but what that means in a national American election. Its not politically correct to call attention to Obama being black, so no one had raised the question of whether there still is racism in American and how it will affect the election.
Pat says of course their is racism. We have made great strides in eliminating people talking racist, but the racism is still there. When Pat ran for President he says every pollster asked questions that would be politically incorrect to talk about, but every candidate learns and acts on.
By Bill Clinton doing what he did, his wife suffered a backlash in South Carolina. But in South Carolina the primary voters were over 50 percent black. In the states on Super Tuesday the states are much different. Buchanan said that Clinton made Obama not a candidate who happens to be black, but a black candidate. And that it has nothing to do with people being racist to consider whether racism will affect a candidates winning a national American election.
Buchanan predicted that at some point it will have to be discussed, and what Bill did has people in the states voting Super Tuesday thinking. The mere fact that Obama got 80 percent of the black vote will cause Democrats to ask how that can possibly show how Obama can win nationally whre the black vote is a minority.
In another interview Buchanan said that he not only believes, but has knowledge, that Republicans have been giving big money to Obamas campaign.
Buchanan said when you have a Republican President that has failed so miserably the Republicans need to do something other than just run their best candidate. They need to get the Democrats to run their worst candidate. Buchanan says he has seen polling that indicates the number of Americans, and Democrats, who would either never vote for a black candidate or would vote for the other candidate is "substantial".

I must admit, Pat hits the nail on the head.

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Out of the 50 threads on the first page you have 15!. Give it a break for the love of God.

I see 18, but I have my options set at 60 threads/page

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Out of the 50 threads on the first page you have 15!. Give it a break for the love of God.

The more threads you have, the better the quality.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Techs!! This is what I have been saying for days now.

Go back and read my thread on Hillary's Southern Strategy.
That is what her and Bill are doing, playing the race card in order to help Hillary win.