Pastor's solution to the gay problem

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
I have 6 billion damn people on this rock. Not one breathes without the male gene being brought into contact with the female gene. How much more data do you need?

Something to do with homosexuality would be perfect.

cantholdanymore

Mar 20, 2011
Ok, can anyone explain to me how same sex reproduction works?
There are gay people and even gay monkeys (and may be others) I respected them, they can do with their life as they please, gay marriage is OK because it gives gay couples some kind of social shelter. But please, don't try to convince people that gay is just as valid as hetero.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Its not me getting a clue

Yes it is.

I am not the one running around telling little boys to be a mommy during playtime at school. I am not the one running around pushing a genderless upbringing for kids.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with those topics.

I am not the one running around applauding parents, taking their 11 year old boy and transitioning him to be a female at the damn age of 11.

Homosexuality isn't about that, either - there are rare cases of people who are born transgendered, something you also don't have a clue about.

This pastor is completely wrong for what he did, but it still doesn't make it right.

You still think homosexuality is about 'right' and 'wrong'.

Because you're clueless about it.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Yes it is.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with those topics.

Homosexuality isn't about that, either - there are rare cases of people who are born transgendered, something you also don't have a clue about.

You still think homosexuality is about 'right' and 'wrong'.

Because you're clueless about it.

Come on Craig, how can you sit there and say homosexuality has nothing to do with those topics?

Dude you lost me right there.....

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
There are gay people and even gay monkeys (and may be others) I respected them, they can do with their life as they please, gay marriage is OK because it gives gay couples some kind of social shelter. But please, don't try to convince people that gay is just as valid as hetero.

Valid? What do you mean by "valid"?

As I said, there are specialized roles in any biological society that minorities play. These roles continue to exist in each generation because evolution determines they should continue to exist.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

What exactly do you need explained? Same way as for anyone else, with the added challenge of a partner they're not attracted to, like most marriages. (It's a joke).

There are gay people and even gay monkeys (and may be others) I respected them, they can do with their life as they please, gay marriage is OK because it gives gay couples some kind of social shelter. But please, don't try to convince people that gay is just as valid as hetero.[/QUOTE]

It's not an issue of 'as they please', it's the same as anyone's sexuality, with a different orientation.

What do you mean 'valid'? Of course it's as 'valid', it's one way people are.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Come on Craig, how can you sit there and say homosexuality has nothing to do with those topics?

Dude you lost me right there.....

Because it's the case - more ignorance on your part you can't bother to hear correction to.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010

Validity? What?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Its not the sex act.....

And nature or God, whether you like it or not, designed males and females to be together. Because truth be told, we don't exist any other way.

Now now, classy. You can't go around sticking God or nature up people's butt just because your bright mind is clever at rationalizations. For millions of years nobody knew that sex and babies were related. Guys don't fall out of their tree when then see a nice ass, seeing oh my God let me make a baby, they are looking to pop their rocks for the orgasm, that big moment when they feel at one in enoumous pleasure. So by your reasoning if you have ever touched yourself you know exactly what it is to be gay and get off with a male hand. But I'm sure that with your great power of rationalization, you will find all that to be completely different. But I bet you, you first fell for a boy experimenting with what that thingi hanging there did besides excreting pee.

Nope, the fact of our design tells us nothing because the first thing you would have done as a boy, if you were double jointed is stick that thing in your mouth, and your Book be damned.

We are driven to have sex, not to have babies and never knew until recent history what the drive was for. We were driven long before we invented God or discovered nature. And there are selective advantages to gay people in a small social group. Humans do not depend on having large numbers of children to survive, but on those that are born surviving via social structure and group interdependence. Gay people mean brother and sister have extra help with the nephews and nieces of gay people. You may have also noted that a rather significant number of gay people seem to be gifted and contribute disproportionately to society.

Nov 29, 2006
No those things are not assocaited with a gay lifestyle. I don't believe a man should be romantically involved with a another man or woman with a woman. That should be plain enough. And whether God inspired or nature intended, man was designed to be with the opposite sex.

Obviously its a flawed design "whether God inspired or nature intended".

Nov 29, 2006
I have 6 billion damn people on this rock. Not one breathes without the male gene being brought into contact with the female gene. How much more data do you need?

So what does sex have to do with procreation? If you want to procreate sure you have to get with the opposite sex, but if you just want sex than any gender will do (if that is your thing).

Nov 29, 2006

It doesnt work. And? Did you have a point? Since when does everything have to evolve around procreating? That is not the only reason to be alive.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So after he fences them all off and there are still a steady occurrence of Homosexuals amongst the general "Hetero" population, will he then realize the truth of the matter?

I somehow doubt it.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Classy and others like him in this thread are arguing a pointless argument. How can you argue that "nature didn't intend" for homosexuality to happen when it has clearly happened? There have been homosexuals for as long as there has been humanity, and I think it's stupid to think of it as a "problem" that must somehow be "solved".

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
You just reiterrated my point. Given its low occurance should be proof enough that while it may not should be considered an undesirable trait, clearly nature never intended it to be a trait from the beginning.

I amnot getting into the whole religous stuff, because at this point its pointless.
Whenever someone says "nature didn't intend", it's a clear indicator that someone has no idea why they feel the way they do.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Please define how gay isn't as valid as hetero. I doubt you can though, most people with an argument like that are simply parroting phrases and don't have the ability to come up with a coherent statement themselves.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Huge problems with Christians is that they don't know enough about Jesus's teachings to know what in the old testament was canceled out by him. There's some blatent issues that some Christians push that if they knew better, they'd know Jesus took a completely different stance and would shake his head at them too.

I suppose the preacher in that video really does believe what he says and he's the spiritual leader of that flock.... So they must accept all that he spouted or they'd have left.

I wonder, however, if he's not possibly proof of a sort that Jesus really existed... All we have to do is run a DNA test on him and see if he has any
Swine DNA.... Jesus cast the demons into swine, I'm told... and well... IF he's got some of that DNA it would answer how he can say what he does and maybe be enough of an anomaly to institute a research project on him...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
It seems we've finally been convinced to put the Bible, Torah, Koran and any of religious reference to the side but now we've picked up the Science book and debate what that suggests.

The only book that matters here in the good ole USA is the Constitution... What your God says in his book is twixt you and he... so don't pick that up unless you wish to be gay and in that case allow your conscious to control... but beware of guilt and fear and all them nasty bits... rip out all but the end of the book and keep from John back... You folks who are bound to adhere to all of it or some of it... fine... but it is only for you not another person in this Country should be part of your dialog between God and you..

You get to cast a vote or influence your Representatives but do so considering one simply notion... Your Rights are dependent on everyone else preserving them for you... Extend to all every Right they seek and by maintaining theirs you preserve your own...

It don't matter one hoot what science says about homosexual relationships or making babies or love or hate... all that matters is that we afford everyone any Right they seek - and allow the State to determine to what extent a Right may be limited for every one's protection... With Strick Scrutiny.... That is fair and fair is what we should be.

Feb 6, 2007
The "intentions of nature" is a silly semantic argument to get into; nature doesn't have intentions. All you have to realize to see how silly that argument is is to examine the following fact: homosexuality occurs in more animal species than religion. If you were really worried about nature's intent, you're better off being gay than religious.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The more I hear pastors talk the more I realize the world is better off without organized religion.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
Really? So 95% of all life whether human or animal relationships, is rooted in males being with females is baseless?
You do realize that the vast, vast, vast, vast majority of living things on this planet do not procreate sexually, correct?

Next you'll be telling nature never intended us to drink water, despite the fact we are 75% water and need it just to live.

After a storm a mud puddle smiled and said, "isn't it amazing that this pot hole is shaped to fit me?"

Life grows to fit the surroundings, the surroundings do not exist to service life.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Its not me getting a clue, its you the ones who needs the clue. I am not the one running around telling little boys to be a mommy during playtime at school. I am not the one running around pushing a genderless upbringing for kids. I am not the one running around applauding parents, taking their 11 year old boy and transitioning him to be a female at the damn age of 11.
Don't even get me started...........
This pastor is completely wrong for what he did, but it still doesn't make it right.
You can take a straw man argument and elevate it to a virtual Wicker Man!