Partisan News Hacks- VIDEO INCLUDED!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
I saw this Thursday night and found it interesting. I liked what O'Riley had to say for the most part, although my impression is that he was playing to the camera (well, duh). It is funny to to see how the far right and far left commentators were essentially the same in terms of either lack of integrity or lack of self-awareness/insight. It is about 15 minutes total (2 videos):

http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/21/13998880-ted-koppel-takes-on-the-truthsayers?lite

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I like how O'rielly is trying to be as non-partisan as he can, and gets called out for being TOO non-partisan.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
We have descend down and back to the hard fisted , mudsling, politics of the early years of this country. Fun, isn't it?

Jan 25, 2011
Pretty good piece. Certainly reaffirms my opinion that Ann Coulter is just a belligerent, disrespectful borderline sociopath.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I like how O'rielly is trying to be as non-partisan as he can, and gets called out for being TOO non-partisan.

That's because O'Riley is center-right and that tends to get him the best ratings where as his colleagues think he will get even better if he leaned more right. They are wrong. I will turn Fox News off when they go off on their tirades and I am sure a lot of others do too.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
That's because O'Riley is center-right and that tends to get him the best ratings where as his colleagues think he will get even better if he leaned more right. They are wrong. I will turn Fox News off when they go off on their tirades and I am sure a lot of others do too.

It is sad that O'Reilly is probably the least partisan person on Fox News (or one of the top few), yet he is still very partisan himself. Wonder what the world would be like if news was just news again.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
That's because O'Riley is center-right

Presently, yes. I wouldn't say that in any definitive sense, though. Instead, Bill is more a slave to his ego.

IMO, Bill is on the Right because he needs to "win" verbal arguments with people of stature, which means he needs to get into said arguments, and as the only people of real stature are on the left he's only going to get an argument by taking the troll position. Adding to that is the Right's bonus to arguing of not having to be logical or consistent, against the Left's handicap of having terribly complex arguments that are in no way amenable to being reduced to a series of sound bytes. So it's no wonder he is where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.