part of my left eye is yellow!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
Originally posted by: dawks
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
There are many causes, ranging from fairly uncritical infection to cancer. Being 23 we can rule out the cancer part. I would simply wait it out for a week and see where it goes.

Being 23, cancer is still a very real risk. It could be liver cancer, or pancreatic cancer. Pray its not pancreatic, since thats pretty well the most deadly form. Also, if you are at the stage where pancreatic cancer is causing Juandice, you're pretty well screwed.

Damnit, it's not pancreatic cancer! The stress you're causing the fella by saying that is probably worse than whatever he has. There are less than 50 cases under age 30 in the US each year. By those odds it's more likely he has an alien ass probe in his anus, so he should worry about that first. Cancer has exponential risk with age, digestive system cancer in particular is a 40+ disease.

he could be one of those 50 for this year :evil: :p

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Probably nothing. If it doesn't go away see your doc. Jaundice can also mean Hepatitis A but you would be REALLY sick if you had that.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: JohnCU
i'm too young for jaundice. isn't that when both eyes are completely yellow? it's only the right side of my left eye that is yellow.

is the yellow area elevated?

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Jaundice usually shows up in both eyes, and is uniform. Sounds like something else, did you get hit in eye recently? May just be a bruise running its course.

Pics.

/House... "It's NOT Lupus!"

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: 911paramedic
Jaundice usually shows up in both eyes, and is uniform. Sounds like something else, did you get hit in eye recently? May just be a bruise running its course.

Pics.

/House... "It's NOT Lupus!"

I was thinking it could be a pingueculae.

Oceandevi

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2006
I fell off a jetski and the water peeled back my eyelid and hit my eyeball and made it swell up. It turned yellow and got really thick. The membrane on my eye was swollen and yellow. Very gross.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
This is probably the result of the remainder of an infection, or even some trauma to the eye (eye brusining will turn yellow when healing). If you did anything that could cause blood vessels to pop this could also result.