part of my left eye is yellow!

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
i'm too young for jaundice. isn't that when both eyes are completely yellow? it's only the right side of my left eye that is yellow.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: JohnCU
Originally posted by: Scouzer
how can you be too young for jaundice???

i'm 23, surely i haven't shot my liver yet.

so babies have shot livers when they are born? babies are commonly jaundiced for a few days after birth.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex

so babies have shot livers when they are born? babies are commonly jaundiced for a few days after birth.

but i'm not a baby and the most common cause of jaundice is liver failure for those who aren't babies.

aloser

Nov 20, 2004

but i'm not a baby and the most common cause of jaundice is liver failure for those who aren't babies.
Keyword MOST - not ONLY ;)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

yeap! my son did. heh we had to wrap him in a blanket with lights. he looked like a little glow worm =)

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
You'd want to get that checked out, as has been said could be an sign of liver failure.

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
i thought your face or large portions of your body turned yellow for that. probably needs checked out though

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

no, but babies are younger than 23...

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: drum
i thought your face or large portions of your body turned yellow for that. probably needs checked out though

eyes first. easiest to see on a pure white membrane ;)

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
There are many causes, ranging from fairly uncritical infection to cancer. Being 23 we can rule out the cancer part. I would simply wait it out for a week and see where it goes.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: joshsquall
I saw this on an episode of House. I can't remember what it was, but I think he died. RIP.

everyone on house has jaundice. it's part of the process. i can think of atleast 3 patients in season 3 that had jaundice.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
There are many causes, ranging from fairly uncritical infection to cancer. Being 23 we can rule out the cancer part. I would simply wait it out for a week and see where it goes.

hoe exactly can we rule out cancer? you can get cancer at any age...

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Being 23, cancer is still a very real risk. It could be liver cancer, or pancreatic cancer. Pray its not pancreatic, since thats pretty well the most deadly form. Also, if you are at the stage where pancreatic cancer is causing Juandice, you're pretty well screwed.

It could also be galstones blocking the common bile duct. Also a fairly serious problem.

Of course it could also be nothing... I am no Dr. :D

Go see a real one ASAP.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Originally posted by: dawks

Being 23, cancer is still a very real risk. It could be liver cancer, or pancreatic cancer. Pray its not pancreatic, since thats pretty well the most deadly form. Also, if you are at the stage where pancreatic cancer is causing Juandice, you're pretty well screwed.

Damnit, it's not pancreatic cancer! The stress you're causing the fella by saying that is probably worse than whatever he has. There are less than 50 cases under age 30 in the US each year. By those odds it's more likely he has an alien ass probe in his anus, so he should worry about that first. Cancer has exponential risk with age, digestive system cancer in particular is a 40+ disease.

Oct 28, 2006
Originally posted by: dawks

Damnit, it's not pancreatic cancer! The stress you're causing the fella by saying that is probably worse than whatever he has. There are less than 50 cases under age 30 in the US each year. By those odds it's more likely he has an alien ass probe in his anus, so he should worry about that first. Cancer has exponential risk with age, digestive system cancer in particular is a 40+ disease.

I'll be sure to pass all that detailed info along to the Pediatric Oncologists I work with. They will be bummed to know they need to quit their job because those kids more likely have anal probes up their asses than cancer. Oh how we misdiagnosed all those poor children...Had we just looked in their asses!