Parler is back online so...

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
People who are regularly dishonest when posting in the P&N section of a tech site are perplexing. Are they really unaware of how clear their charade is?
I guess I just don’t understand it. Why play a stupid game like that?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Interesting. Id love to hear your story.

My story begins 64 years ago. I was born a poor boy in Kentucky. I started working in the coal mines at 14 to help my single parent mom make ends meet. At 18 I found out I was the illegitimate love child of Mitch McConnell. Imagine my dismay. My life has been downhill ever since. And now my only pleasure in life is posting on ATPN. Sigh...

EDIT: And for those of you who are wondering, yes, I have a turtle neck.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Ive noticed they only show covid stats when the story is about COVID. Not all the time like they were doing. Right now, for example, no ticker.

They could be showing this "ticker"

Under "Daily New Cases in the United States"

I mean if they wanted to paint Biden as the conqueror of covid19.
Thinking about it, I think you are onto something .. I mean, why wouldnt they do that? Why are they trying to duck Biden? Goddamn MSM fake news man.

Reactions: pmv

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Thinking about it, I think you are onto something .. I mean, why wouldnt they do that? Why are they trying to duck Biden? Goddamn MSM fake news man.
All I want @blackangst1 to do is say what he means. He’s insinuating that CNN is conspiring against Trumpkins. Okay - make that argument!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
All I want @blackangst1 to do is say what he means. He’s insinuating that CNN is conspiring against Trumpkins. Okay - make that argument!
Yup its the part of Trumps war on media that has actually worked, mayhaps the most scare part of all of it. The idea that MSM is actively colluding some coordinated subliminal offensive vs Trumpicans... I can see how they need a supervillain "Soros" to be the mastermind behind it all .. and antifa to be the foot soldiers. It is insane.

Reactions: Pohemi and Leeea

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
By the way, currently the Washington post has the fact of at least 500,000 COVID deaths in huge font on its page must apparently mean they hate Democrats.

...right? After all, their previous reports meant they hated republicans.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Leeea

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

I never implied that

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
By the way, currently the Washington post has the fact of at least 500,000 COVID deaths in huge font on its page must apparently mean they hate Democrats.

...right? After all, their previous reports meant they hated republicans.

Just remember not all deaths reported as covid really are. Its still a huge death toll, but not whats being reported. Ive had 2 confirmations from people working in healthcare that said if someone has pre-existing conditions such as organ failure or hearth disease, and they are positive with COVID and die, the death will be counted as COVID.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
My story begins 64 years ago. I was born a poor boy in Kentucky. I started working in the coal mines at 14 to help my single parent mom make ends meet. At 18 I found out I was the illegitimate love child of Mitch McConnell. Imagine my dismay. My life has been downhill ever since. And now my only pleasure in life is posting on ATPN. Sigh...

Bad hand you were dealt bro. But at least McCoennell is your dad so youve got a silver spoon.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Please quote where I insulated that.

Even in the thread I created, conspiracy theories were thrown at me including by moderators:

Blackangst1 did not like the replies in his thread so he deleted the content and title. I have restored the content and reconstructed a title. I don't remember what the title was, so this is the best I can do. Since it seems that only blackangst1 and Tucker Carlson believed this to be true I am locking it.

admin allisolm

Until then, I didnt know about the Carlson theory, so I looked it up and watched the video. What a loon! I never insinuated that otherwise I would have said that. I WFH every day and watch about 6 hours news a day, at least 2 hours of CNN. I simply noticed at the end of last year the ticker wasnt there every time I watched, and just wondered why, especially since December was a shitty month. I dont watch Carlson, l so I had no idea he made those comments. So fuck you allisolm for projecting onto me. The fact is, prior to December, CNN showed the covid stats at least 12 hours of the day, then they stopped. I was just wondering why. And fuck the rest of you who think Im projecting some kind of conspiracy theory as to why. It is what it is.

There is but one legitimate venue for "discussing" moderator actions, Moderator Discussions.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Just remember not all deaths reported as covid really are. Its still a huge death toll, but not whats being reported. Ive had 2 confirmations from people working in healthcare that said if someone has pre-existing conditions such as organ failure or hearth disease, and they are positive with COVID and die, the death will be counted as COVID.

Probably, but it's not that simple. These articles explain why.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Please quote where I insulated that.

Even in the thread I created, conspiracy theories were thrown at me including by moderators:

Until then, I didnt know about the Carlson theory, so I looked it up and watched the video. What a loon! I never insinuated that otherwise I would have said that. I WFH every day and watch about 6 hours news a day, at least 2 hours of CNN. I simply noticed at the end of last year the ticker wasnt there every time I watched, and just wondered why, especially since December was a shitty month. I dont watch Carlson, l so I had no idea he made those comments. So fuck you allisolm for projecting onto me. The fact is, prior to December, CNN showed the covid stats at least 12 hours of the day, then they stopped. I was just wondering why. And fuck the rest of you who think Im projecting some kind of conspiracy theory as to why. It is what it is.

I guess you and Tuck are on the same wavelength. Great minds think alike. I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I guess you and Tuck are on the same wavelength. Great minds think alike. I guess.

Doesnt mean Im wrong :) Despite idiot moderators.

Again, you cannot attack the mods in open forum.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

you are no better than a flat earther

the people that told you that information are not looking at the big picture.

billing for a Covid patient vs just about any other patient brings in less revenue. There is software that will maximize insurance payouts. And at the end patients will be documented with the codes that will generate the most revenue. If anything they will be documented as not Covid.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I don’t know. Obviously I like this forum (reference: post count) but I don’t get why it’s fun or useful to do that.

People figured out his meaning early on, and he didn't like that because it was pointed out from page 1 that the facts did not support his interpretation. So now he's pretending to hide his original intent. I predict he will never answer the question, but fear not, because we have already guessed the answer anyway.

• Love

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And I for one dont support censorship. Difference of opinion.

edit: Let me clarify this. I think if someone posts Im gathering people to storm the capital and kill as many people as possible. Sure. Fine. But if you do it? Just as we have laws for extending hate crimes punishment, I believe if threats are carried out there should be an additional sentence imposed. I honestly dont care what people "say" until it gets to where it affects other people or property.

so: "Nothing can and should be done until after the blood is in the streets."

got it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yup its the part of Trumps war on media that has actually worked, mayhaps the most scare part of all of it. The idea that MSM is actively colluding some coordinated subliminal offensive vs Trumpicans... I can see how they need a supervillain "Soros" to be the mastermind behind it all .. and antifa to be the foot soldiers. It is insane.

It's interesting how this terrifies them, when Fox news and their entire wing of terrorist rightwing News media was created to explicitly collude against liberalism and specifically turn every democrat into an evil, baby-eating monster that must be destroyed, in the minds of the easily-duped. They are totally on board with this type of bold, unambiguous thought control. This is what conservatives believe after 4 decades of brain rot, and the only capacity they have for any extraneous thought beyond killing liberals is that somehow the world is still colluding against their own very patriotic desires to eliminate Jews and Blacks.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
you are no better than a flat earther

the people that told you that information are not looking at the big picture.

billing for a Covid patient vs just about any other patient brings in less revenue. There is software that will maximize insurance payouts. And at the end patients will be documented with the codes that will generate the most revenue. If anything they will be documented as not Covid.

Exactly! All these conspiracy nuts are the same. At least they have Parler back to spread their insanity.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You're correct that the overall count of COVID deaths is not accurate, but in the wrong direction - COVID deaths are being undercounted by around 20%. Excess mortality is a good way to get an idea of the actual effects of this virus. It's possible that people avoiding hospitals and such due to COVID have caused them to die when they would have otherwise lived but 1) I sincerely doubt that accounts for the magnitude of difference and 2) that's kind of COVID related anyway.

Reactions: Meghan54

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
No fucking shit. If they shot themselves in the head and had pre-existing conditions their deaths would be ruled suicides and death by gun shot. If they died due to blunt force trauma after jumping out of a building but had stage 4 lung cancer their deaths would be ruled as dying from blunt force trauma.

WTF kind of point do you @blackangst1 think you're making besides pointing out how mortality reporting works?

Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54