Parler is back online so...

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
"Privacy is paramount"

Tell that to everyone who's photo ID was easily accessed and is now circulating the web.

Tell that to all the people that deleted treasonous posts that are now circulating the web.

I'm still waiting to see the fallout of the entire parler database getting out.

When will these people realize there is no privacy on social media at large?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Parlor has found a new home surrounded by friends.
Seems like a natural partnership

Ultimately if Democrats continue to pursue a "you will filter content to our liking", then any host or solution for them will be temporary and Parler will be chased into one of three options. All of them beyond the reach of US laws and judicial oversight.
  1. Underground market.
  2. Hostile Foreign nation.
  3. Red State that secedes the Union.
It has no other choice if boycotts are continued.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
Ultimately if Democrats continue to pursue a "you will filter content to our liking", then any host or solution for them will be temporary and Parler will be chased into one of three options. All of them beyond the reach of US laws and judicial oversight.
  1. Underground market.

What part of requiring moderation of illegal content means "you will filter content to our liking"?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
  1. Underground market.

I mean, Democrats aren't chasing a "filter content to our liking". That's pushing a conspiracy theory. FB and TW finally decided (not FB as much) that enforcing their ToS is more important than ad revenue.

Parker, as expected, as inundated with extremists pushing conspiracy theories and encouraging violence. AWS decided it didn't want to host it. Oh well, it's their choice. Parler can find a new host, how "mainstream" the host is is TBD, if you wanna call that underground...ok

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I mean, Democrats aren't chasing a "filter content to our liking". That's pushing a conspiracy theory. FB and TW finally decided (not FB as much) that enforcing their ToS is more important than ad revenue.
He's just back in shit-flinging mode this morning, obviously. He's well aware that the "filters" came from participants in the free market, and not politicians. I'm sure he'll tie '230' into some kind of fascism in his next post.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
  1. Underground market.

Hostile foreign nation would be the most honest-and Russia has the internet know-how and funds and motivation to be Parler's BFF. 54% of Americans think the greatest threat to the country is other Americans-think about it.

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
The part where they claim to already do that.

Maybe they have failed in your eyes, but Republicans love the amount of moderation (or lack thereof) on their platform.

Who claims? Parler? There is a distinct difference between claiming to do something and actually doing it.

Parler's CEO outright said they can't establish moderation to meet the community standards being forced upon them in the timeline Apple gave.

That would count as an admission they actually don't and can't moderate illegal content.

Also, shut the fuck up about my eyes. Unless you've plucked them from my head and hooked them up to your brain, you don't have a fucking clue what's "in my eyes".

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Parker, as expected, as inundated with extremists pushing conspiracy theories and encouraging violence. AWS decided it didn't want to host it. Oh well, it's their choice. Parler can find a new host, how "mainstream" the host is is TBD, if you wanna call that underground...ok

If I wanna call that underground?

Do you think their new host can survive boycotts from the Domain Name Service, or their ISP?
Do you think Democrats will not apply pressure on those services to remove Republicans from their system?

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and Pohemi

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005

Do you think their new host can survive boycotts from the Domain Name Service, or their ISP?
Do you think Democrats will not apply pressure on those services to remove Republicans from their system?

Man's gotta turn everything into "Us vs. them". A good example of the pathetic mindset driving most of the extremists.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Yes, if you want to call using a lesser know host underground. I call that free market.

No idea, they can find hosts outside of the USA if that's what it takes. I use servers outside the US on a regular basis.

I mean, I don't give a shot. Republicans, and conservatives, have been attacking others for so God damned long, that I just don't care if modern society tells them to fuck off.

The internet is a free market. Conservatives contributed to Trump, POST election, enough money to fund their own setup.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Did someone hijack Jaskalas' recently? Is this not the same person posting under this account for years? If I recall correctly, he is left leaning and uses his brain to think about issues. If this is the same person, then I trust he is asking honest questions and it is just a bunch of jackbooted thugs trying to silence him....sounds familiar.

If some really did hijack his account and is now posting support for alt-right content, then I can see where most of you are coming from.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
  1. Underground market.
Why do you frame this as Democrats filtering content? It's a users violating the site's TOS. Web hosting companies are private. As long as they make decisions on content not the person or group what is the problem? They have TOS as well.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
If the capitol had not been stormed Parler would still be on AWS. What part of violent insurrection do people not get? You can be all gun nutter you want, you can complain all you want about whatever you want... but when that translates to people getting hurt and killed, property being destroyed and other criminal activity you have crossed a shit line that very few will tolerate.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
IIRC the security researcher that Archived Parler, said they had for strong moderation for the kind of posts they wanted.

All posters started with all their posts locked, until they were reviewed.

Post enough content with "right-think" and then you were allowed to post freely.

Given that and the fact that Parler was a Nazi cesspool, shows it wasn't a free speech, platform but that it was moderated to deliver exactly the kind of alt-right content they wanted to support.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Many posts / posters in this topic are reactionary when coming into contact with the startling notion that Republicans oppose the content moderation coming from "Big Tech", which happens to be targeting Republicans. :bigthink: It's almost like the partisan nature of THIS ENTIRE NATION is resulting in partisan content moderation.

Heaven forbid I call water... wet?
Let's start at the top....

You are simply wrong. Those are Democrat policies. As Republicans are fleeing in droves to less filtered services. For freedom, or madness. Depending on how you classify their alt-reality. For example: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-twitter/index.html

When Democrats silence Republicans, Republicans will endeavor to not be silenced. Parler and Republican based media offer them that. You have struck at something more central and more important to them than Fox News.

Man's gotta turn everything into "Us vs. them". A good example of the pathetic mindset driving most of the extremists.

Honest question, have you looked outside? Have you... seen America lately?

Republicans are forming a new religion. Core tenets of it include an alt-reality with its own set of facts and truthiness. When you try to content filter the truth, you are content filtering Republicans. This is inherently a Republican VS Democrat topic. Stop trying to pretend it isn't. Parler exists because Democrats are filtering Republicans and Republicans are getting tired of it. Then Parler is boycotted because Republicans do something stupid / dangerous to our Republic. That escalation with a pursuit and chase down to silence their alt-media is ongoing.

I expect, for the notion of everyone's safety (and judicial claims of illegal content) that Parler will continue to be pursued as far as Democrats can pursue it.

I'm sorry, are you going to claim that Republicans are on board with that? Trying to shut down their own media? To silence their own voters? To stop their own religion? That this isn't partisan? Hahahaha... you want me to believe that crap? Why? Why would you guys cling to that delusion except for your own Ego? I like to think that a Liberal would pursue the truth no matter how painful it may seem to you. Granted, we are still only human. Apparently a wake up call is needed. A recent news article may allow me to demonstrate a truth of mine that, I am guessing you wouldn't believe if I told you. Especially given the fact that I've already posted of it a few times before.

See... the Republicans I know want Trump to perform a military coup. Because Democrats stole the election. It just so happens, MyPillow Guy, Mike Lindell was at the White House holding a piece of paper. Detailing portions of that coup as described to me by my local Republicans days earlier. This isn't a few people. This is the Republican Party. Not every last one of them, but people like Romney have no place among the faithful and will be driven out. Those that remain want our blood. And that is no exaggeration.

• Haha

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
See... the Republicans I know want Trump to perform a military coup. Because Democrats stole the election. It just so happens, MyPillow Guy, Mike Lindell was at the White House holding a piece of paper. Detailing portions of that coup as described to me by my local Republicans days earlier. This isn't a few people. This is the Republican Party. Not every last one of them, but people like Romney have no place among the faithful and will be driven out. Those that remain want our blood. And that is no exaggeration.

I believe many Trumpers do want that for sure. The reason Trump and other righties got suspended from Twitter is because they were either neo-nazis promoting violence, QAnon promoting violence, or pushing massive conspiracies like the election was going to be stolen SINCE LAST SPRING with really no other intention but to inspire violence if Trump lost. Maybe don't be neo-nazis or Q-Anon? What should Twitter do at this point? Let these people spew white nationalist hate speech and conspiracy theories that inspire violence? The FBI labeled QAnon a violence inspiring domestic threat a while ago. Twitter should let them have a platform?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
"Republicans are being unfairly filtered and it's all the dem's fault." - @Jaskalas

Shut the fuck up, clown.

You lying piece of !@#$.
I NEVER SAID it was unfair.
I am merely telling you that they oppose being silenced. It is a partisan issue. AKA Water is wet.
Stop this nonesense, grow the !@#$ up, and face the truth without attacking people trying to explain it.

Last edited:
  • Haha