Parler is back online so...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
My original post was stating Parler's options. With the thought that their host is not "safe" unless it was one of three options. The fact that their website is public means they did not take option #1. So I expect their new host can be taken down quite easily. Unless it actually is Russia. Which I think is the most likely destination for Republican media. But option #3 is always there, if they get tired of running away.

They are using Epik, which also hosts Daily Stormer, 8chan, and Gab. Epik is based in Washington state and been around for 12 years. You are being a bit melodramatic IMO.

The real issue IMO is going to be money as major advertises are going to shun the platform.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Mar 11, 2004
No. What you want (and continue to do) is make claims that 'republicans' being filtered online was pointed actions taken by Democrats. You refuse to acknowledge that there are ToS on private corporation's services and that it has nothing to do with Democrats or what they want.

Then you deny ever proposing the notion. Who is twisting words here, you dishonest shit?

Hell he can't even fucking make the realization that crackdowns on shitty behavior all happened when the rape/death threats started. And then largely didn't escalate until the fucking Republicans literally turned violent.

He's so busy slip 'n sliding in Republicans' (saying nutjobs at this point really is redundant) piss and shit that he thinks everyone else is gonna jump off a cliff to follow him, while they're instead just flushing all that shit into that cesspit, and then he wonders why he's drowning in it. He chooses to live in a world of shit but is mad he's being deluged. That's on him.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
Except we are just calling them names and they are calling for a violent overthrow of government and assassination of political figures.

They aren't just calling for it, they literally tried to act on it. How he's bumblefucking his own ass over that, well that's why I put him on ignore like years back. He's a fucking clown fucking dipshit just like all the conservative dumbfucks on here. I think it was Ugly Cassanova that highlighted how their brains work when he fessed up that because he wasn't there to witness things he considers real objectively proven factual things the same as made up bullshit because after all there's no difference to him since he didn't observe either. Because they weren't literally there when the violence at the Capitol happened, to them its all the same as the made up theoretical bullshit that conservatives spout about liberals, all of that exists on the same level to them, allowing them to dismiss anything they'd rather not consider (that the shit they're afraid of is happening, only its people they are similarly minded to perpetrating it), while they simultaneously let the fear based part of their brains delude them into believing that there's an imminent threat of that same stuff being done by liberals/blacks/etc.

Mar 11, 2004
That depends on the day of the week and the current moonphase. I'm pretty sure the fucker is bipolar.

I don't agree (and I'd chide you for denigrating bipolar persons as such). He's very consistent. If its a discussion about something that's fairly abstract (for instance, freedom of speech as a concept) he seems to be liberal. Until you apply reality to it then he becomes hyper conservative to the point of spiting himself. I know a shitload of conservatives that are like that. They really think they're idealists that are not racist at all, see objective truth, true patriots that have the best interests of everyone in mind at most times. But they are incapable of actually applying those ideals to the real world (although they will project it, which is why we get them falling over themselves to complain about their perceived versions of that stuff when its liberals or other people they don't like). They're simply blind to it. I won't be surprised if we find out that they have like a logic blindness or something, not entirely different from colorblindness where their brains are simply incapable of it.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
They aren't just calling for it, they literally tried to act on it. How he's bumblefucking his own ass over that, well that's why I put him on ignore like years back. He's a fucking clown fucking dipshit just like all the conservative dumbfucks on here. I think it was Ugly Cassanova that highlighted how their brains work when he fessed up that because he wasn't there to witness things he considers real objectively proven factual things the same as made up bullshit because after all there's no difference to him since he didn't observe either. Because they weren't literally there when the violence at the Capitol happened, to them its all the same as the made up theoretical bullshit that conservatives spout about liberals, all of that exists on the same level to them, allowing them to dismiss anything they'd rather not consider (that the shit they're afraid of is happening, only its people they are similarly minded to perpetrating it), while they simultaneously let the fear based part of their brains delude them into believing that there's an imminent threat of that same stuff being done by liberals/blacks/etc.

He's been extremely critical of the Republican insanity lately on many issues.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
You lying piece of !@#$.
I NEVER SAID it was unfair.
I am merely telling you that they oppose being silenced. It is a partisan issue. AKA Water is wet.
Stop this nonesense, grow the !@#$ up, and face the truth without attacking people trying to explain it.

You get wet pissing into the wind, too. So, what's your point?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
My original post was stating Parler's options. With the thought that their host is not "safe" unless it was one of three options. The fact that their website is public means they did not take option #1. So I expect their new host can be taken down quite easily. Unless it actually is Russia. Which I think is the most likely destination for Republican media. But option #3 is always there, if they get tired of running away.

Ok, Let's just look at that first post

"Ultimately if Democrats continue to pursue a "you will filter content to our liking", then any host or solution for them will be temporary and Parler will be chased into one of three options. All of them beyond the reach of US laws and judicial oversight.

1. Underground market.
  2. Hostile Foreign nation.
  3. Red State that secedes the Union.
It has no other choice if boycotts are continued."

In that post, you basically are blaming democrats for what's going on. As I've said, as you have, R's are heavily relying on an alt-reality bubble. For some time (years and years), social media sites have gone along with it due to the enormous revenue involved, even tho much of it was breaching the ToS. This really had nothing to do with Democrats, unless your proposing that the Democrats have been forging social media sites ToS for them, with intent to specifically target conservatives and their alt-reality bubble. And before you answer, think about which party ran congress while social media became what it is today.

I think we both know that's really not the case.

I mean, who cares which option they choose? They could literally host it in the USA if they put their money where their mouth is.

As for my reply and quote... more than one poster is somehow outraged and indignant over the idea that there is partisan fighting in America.

I dunno which posts your specifically referring to, but I would suspect that they're replying to the partisan presentation of your opinion. You've been basically blaming the democrats it seems. Whether that's your intention or not, I dunno, but a few posts definitely have that feel to it, or outright said like above.

As if the idea of content moderating / filtering is non-partisan. I am stating that they are wrong to call it non-partisan, and I am demonstrating my point by highlighting the American Divide with people who live in an alt-reality, are part of a religious cult, and who happen to want our blood because we stole an election from them.

Ok, but when you say it's partisan, what do YOU mean? I agree with you that a huge portion of our country lives in an alt-reality bubble, and it's enough ensnare the rest of us along for the ride.

But it doesn't mean they get to steam roll the rest of us with domestic terrorism. This is the end result of 50 years of radicalization, it's been a long time coming, and Trump stepped in at the right moment to capitalize on it, literally, for his benefit.

I've heard more violent rhetoric in my life than I care for, and almost ALL of it have been from religious conservatives.

I want... for posters here to wake up and do not pretend that the battle over Parler and content moderation isn't Republican VS Democrat? You called my original post "pushing a conspiracy theory". WTF is that? The backlash my first post received, from multiple posters, was shocking and radically off base from any purpose I had in originally posting in this topic. The reply is simply an address of those responses. I thank you for at least engaging even if there remains a huge gap in mutual understanding. Some of the other posts however....

See my first sentence. You're saying it's a partisan battle. I'm saying it's the end result of an increasing partisan divide and that the social media sites are now enforcing their already existing ToS.

The conspiracy theory you're pushing is that the Democrats are literally driving Twitter's policy, or FB's policy. That's bullshit. These sites have had ToS for a really long time that has been breached repeatedly by certain members. As I've said before, sites like FB and TW dug their own grave by not enforcing them, in trade for huge monetary gains.

You may disagree, but that's what's going on here. I'm of the opinion that if social media dies over this, we'll all be better for it. It's a huge net negative for society.

I will also say that conservatives getting a taste of their own medicine (which they've been dishing out for centuries) is quite entertaining. I mean, if America's gonna burn, I'm gonna make some smores.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
If the capitol had not been stormed Parler would still be on AWS. What part of violent insurrection do people not get? You can be all gun nutter you want, you can complain all you want about whatever you want... but when that translates to people getting hurt and killed, property being destroyed and other criminal activity you have crossed a shit line that very few will tolerate.
It's really that simple isn't it? They also have to consider that these content providers are under no obligation to enable the communication that leads to a civil war and the destruction of their businesses. Their legal obligation is to their stock holders and not their users. Surely the party of free market and capitalism would understand this but their shameless hypocrisy has no boundaries.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It's really that simple isn't it? They also have to consider that these content providers are under no obligation to enable the communication that leads to a civil war and the destruction of their businesses. Their legal obligation is to their stock holders and not their users. Surely the party of free market and capitalism would understand this but their shameless hypocrisy has no boundaries.

Yep. @Jaskalas - do you agree with this?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Everyone is opposed to being silenced.

NO ONE IN AMERICA is being silenced. Everybody is able to run their fucking mouths for hours on end and there's nothing any private citizen or government entity can do to stop them. Privately owned businesses have stated they don't want to be a platform for murder and treason. That's all.
They're whining because they have been trained to whine about non-issues because the people actually in charge know that's the best way to keep them under control.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Everyone is opposed to being silenced.

NO ONE IN AMERICA is being silenced. Everybody is able to run their fucking mouths for hours on end and there's nothing any private citizen or government entity can do to stop them. Privately owned businesses have stated they don't want to be a platform for murder and treason. That's all.
They're whining because they have been trained to whine about non-issues because the people actually in charge know that's the best way to keep them under control.

Pretty much. The persecution complex is real. If it's not this, then it's gay marriage that is the problem, or guns, or Christmas, the list goes on. It's very obvious to anyone not submerged in the zero tolerance alt reality, but hey....that's what many americans want

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
"Democrats and Republicans are fighting"
Is somehow equal to "Democrats are evil" in your twisted mind?
Sorry, I get it now. English must be a second language for you and I apologize for not seeing that sooner and being more accommodating.

You are making a logical mistake equating the actions of the management of publicly traded companies to "Democrats."

You are also systematically equating "neo Nazis, insurrectionists, and white supremacists" to Republicans. These deplorables typically vote R, but that's not the whole of the party.

That's a big part of the call out. Overgeneralizing on partisanship and missing the true point.

It's quite possible that the companies are working on their own self interest and riding themselves of negative contributors and damages to their reputations, all to maintain market share.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
You are making a logical mistake equating the actions of the management of publicly traded companies to "Democrats."

You are also systematically equating "neo Nazis, insurrectionists, and white supremacists" to Republicans. These deplorables typically vote R, but that's not the whole of the party.

That's a big part of the call out. Overgeneralizing on partisanship and missing the true point.

It's quite possible that the companies are working on their own self interest and riding themselves of negative contributors and damages to their reputations, all to maintain market share.

ding ding ding

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You lying piece of !@#$.
I NEVER SAID it was unfair.
I am merely telling you that they oppose being silenced. It is a partisan issue. AKA Water is wet.
Stop this nonesense, grow the !@#$ up, and face the truth without attacking people trying to explain it.
You are trying to explain something "water is wet" that has the precondition of being false. Good luck with that.
Republicans are not being filtered.
Lying sacks of shits is being filtered.
The concept of Republican never entered the equation.
Brains. Use em if you got em.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Ultimately if Democrats continue to pursue a "you will filter content to our liking", then any host or solution for them will be temporary and Parler will be chased into one of three options. All of them beyond the reach of US laws and judicial oversight.
  1. Underground market.
  2. Hostile Foreign nation.
  3. Red State that secedes the Union.
It has no other choice if boycotts are continued.

bla bla bla .. Hostile Foreign Nation, dems made us do it.

Mar 11, 2004
bla bla bla .. Hostile Foreign Nation, dems made us do it.

Wow, had to take a look at his posts in this thread. He really split his pants open trying to cork his head so far up his ass. I'm not sure if it was to stem the flow of shit that he was spewing or he was looking to ingest it all back again and create a shit ouroboros.

Mar 11, 2004
You are trying to explain something "water is wet" that has the precondition of being false. Good luck with that.
Republicans are not being filtered.
Lying sacks of shits is being filtered.
The concept of Republican never entered the equation.
Brains. Use em if you got em.

I say stop filtering the pieces of shit and just flush 'em. Apparently Jaskalas will be there mouth agape ready to receive.

Mar 11, 2004

Sorry but no, those are the modern Republican party. Sure some still try to hide that, but if you can't see that at this point, I don't know what else to say. If you say "but I'm Republican and I don't just not agree but hate those" then you're not actually a Republican any more, but are in denial.

But but but if they practice the capitalism that Republicans preach how could it then lead to them clamping down on Republicans spewing constant stream of shit? Could it be that Republicans were talking about removing the clause that protects those companies from being held responsible for the shit on their platforms? Gee, I can't fathom why companies being threatened with being held responsible for shit, would decide that maybe they'll kick the shit off of their platforms then? And oh look it just happens the shit is overwhelmingly being perpetrated by Republicans.

Which, hey, they probably did it because they also know that the shit will always have a home. In Jaskalas. His mind, his heart, his mouth, his ears, his eyes, his nose, between his toes, in the space underneath his toenails, in his belly button, and in his stomach. Because there's no amount of shit that Jaskalas won't eat.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Before we go full crazy on @Jaskalas , I think it's important to remember he's working on changing. I've been where he is, raised in the right wing bubble, and it's not an easy mental conditioning to break. It requires constant self reflection and fact checking, very exhausting. I tried to keep that in mind in my replies, and maybe some others should as well.

Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah, sorry for being all rabid libtard on him. "SORRY EVERYONE, sorry, sorry." /lancelot

Just been extra frustrated and tired of all the dishonesty, projection, distraction, and various forms of bullshit being thrown at the wall by conservative media and pundits right now, so when I see it here it's admittedly a bit of a kneejerk reaction.

Mar 11, 2004
Before we go full crazy on @Jaskalas , I think it's important to remember he's working on changing. I've been where he is, raised in the right wing bubble, and it's not an easy mental conditioning to break. It requires constant self reflection and fact checking, very exhausting. I tried to keep that in mind in my replies, and maybe some others should as well.

I've somewhat been there too and it wasn't until someone gave a proper reaction to that behavior that I realized "oh, no, I was being a shithead" leading me to reflect and change. So don't act like there's only one course on that path.

People have used kid gloves on him for years (what, a fucking decade at this point?) and it didn't accomplish anything, he's still acting the same as I've seen him act the entire time. Plus, that is not why he's supposedly changing, its because he's operating in pure self preservation where he realizes being a toxicly stupid idiot can fuck up his life (which is why he's so adamant to defend the fucking idiots that let social media bullshit stir them up into a frenzy). He's still in denial about the entirety of the situation. Notice he perpetually doesn't even acknowledge the real life actions that were consequences of the social media behavior of the people "being silenced"? Then on top of that he's trying to act like that stuff is perfectly fine while acting like Democrats have directly censored those people just for being Republicans. Same as he's done in the past. Where exactly you're seeing this growth, you'll have to show me as I'm just not. I'm seeing a slight "oh shit" and then him backsliding right to how he was, just like we're seeing from Lindsey Graham and the other assholes who suddenly wanted unity only to go back to spouting conspiracy theories a week later.

If that's growth then he'll be dead before he ever gets to a point of redemption for it.

Now, could I be less of an asshole? Absolutely. But, something to keep in mind, perhaps you should be mindful of your own advice, with regards to the people that have been fucked over by their bullshit (if I have to hear one more mother fucker recommend being nice to these fucking pricks as the supposed fix for the situation...). I've been nice, it accomplished nothing while they kept ratcheting up their level of hate, taking my lack of vitriol as tacit approval of their behavior. If they think they're going to get to hate and then be absolved of it the moment they feel the least bit bad for it, I'm sorry but that's shown not be effective. I'll incinerate their hate into ash in their goddamn mouths, I'll sunder their rage until they are consumed by fear like those that they've been terrorizing for centuries. They don't get to keep pulling this shit with zero consequences and then demand that people be nice to them while they play victim.

Reactions: Pohemi