parler has been taken off the google play store

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Sickening. Murder charges for everyone in the immediate vicinity. Young black kids just in the same car where another jamoke went in and shot a store clerk in a robbery have been convicted of murder.
It horrific and I did consider not posting it.
Theres no excuse that it's self defense or that they were stopping the policeman from assaulting someone or that the police had riled them up.
That was just pure vicious murder. They dragged him out of the door away from his colleagues and killed him in broad daylight.
Everyone swinging clubs and fists there needs to get locked up for a long time.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

remember how is said it was only getting worse for them :)

ErbHIsPXIAULtwp

- they found the s3 endpoints and you can access data without authenticaiton and everything is stored sequentially also, because their 2fa/email authentication system cut ties with them you can enter anything into parler and it's taken as fine including 2fa authentication

Erci-uLUUAES1lz.png

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019

Y'all keep doing that without typing in any content as to what you're talking about:

ThemWho.JPG

There are those of us who refuse to drink the TwitterAde, so if you want us to know what you're talking about to be able to agree or disagree, you need to speak more clearly.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I assumed they didnt host video and images...
10 seconds research later : Yea you can.
I just cant fathom that you can kick a client off without a realistic chance to retain its data... must be a breach of contract.
And you think there is a jury in the US right now that would side with Parler over Amazon? Even if Amazon were to lose, they have far more at stake from bad press than any contract concern. And I'm sure the contract says no hosting of illegal content, so they have an out.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Y'all keep doing that without typing in any content as to what you're talking about:

View attachment 37527

There are those of us who refuse to drink the TwitterAde, so if you want us to know what you're talking about to be able to agree or disagree, you need to speak more clearly.
you're the only one that has EVER complained about this

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

ErbHIsPXIAULtwp

- they found the s3 endpoints and you can access data without authenticaiton and everything is stored sequentially also, because their 2fa/email authentication system cut ties with them you can enter anything into parler and it's taken as fine including 2fa authentication

View attachment 37528

ahahahahahahahaa

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

"Without AWS, Parler is finished as it has no way to get online," the complaint said.

Wow, I never realized AWS is 100% of the damn Internet! Of course, Parler's CEO said something entirely different a mere 2 days ago:

"We will try our best to move to a new provider right now as we have many competing for our business," Matze continued.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
I assumed they didnt host video and images...
10 seconds research later : Yea you can.
I just cant fathom that you can kick a client off without a realistic chance to retain its data... must be a breach of contract.

There were given sufficient time. I mean the Hackers took a back up of everything in the time window they had to back up.

I think they plan make it all public, so if anyone is worried about data they lost the can probably get it from the hackers. :p

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Wow, I never realized AWS is 100% of the damn Internet! Of course, Parler's CEO said something entirely different a mere 2 days ago:
Yep, he's singing a different tune than he was in that interview (interviewed the author of the article on MSNBC this morning).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
  • Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think we can all agree the real threat here is the one to free speech. Do we really want to live in a country where people can't openly plot mass executions and violent insurrection without consequence?
Sheesh libtard snowflakes can’t take a little joshing.

• Love

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
There's that conservative speech that right wingers cry is being censored, hard to see why they got banned from FB and twitter...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
For some reason I'm reminded of when Twitter or Facebook (can't remember which) undertook an effort to block/ban white supremacists from their site but then had to scrap the idea because they realized this would result in the ban of a large number of Republican politicians and conservatives would freak out.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
From reading the material in post #177 apparently there is some sort of Folding@Home thing for helping to copy and archive Parler stuff? How do we get in? I'd love to do what I can to help protect the USA.

• Love
Reactions: cytg111