parler has been taken off the google play store

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Democratic backsliding, also known as autocratization and de-democratization, is a gradual decline in the quality of democracy and the reverse of democratization, which may result in the state losing its democratic qualities and becoming an autocracy or authoritarian regime.

Democratic backsliding occurs when essential components of democracy are threatened. Examples of democratic backsliding include:

Free and fair elections are degraded;

Liberal rights of freedom of speech, press and association decline, impairing the ability of the political opposition to challenge the government, hold it to account, and propose alternatives to the current regime;

The rule of law (i.e., judicial and bureaucratic restraints on the government) is weakened, such as when the independence of the judiciary is threatened, or when civil service tenure protections are weakened or eliminated.

The government manufactures or overemphasizes a national security threat to create "a sense of crisis" that allows the government "to malign critics as weak-willed or unpatriotic" and to depict defenders of democratic institutions "as representatives of a tired, insulated elite." - Wiki

Think carefully about how much you're willing to give up. The same tactics that are used against the other team can be used against you and me at any time.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
May attempt one? He's already attempted a few, including an violent takeover of the capital building.

Then you misunderstand that a coup is. Turkey faced one a few years back. His supporters expect military action similar to that in the coming days.
Meanwhile, I just cannot imagine enough Republican or military leadership would allow it. It'd be a failed attempt by an extreme minority. I hope.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Oh I must have missed your post where you condemned such actions...oh wait I didn't because you never made such posts. You did just post some irrelevant whataboutism though!

What's your address so I can send you a dictionary because you apparently don't know the difference between totalitarianism and capitalism.
Maybe you should use the search feature of the forum instead of playing follow the leader in this moronic game of insult. If someone doesn't explicitly condemn an action does not mean they support it. By your logic, at least every adult American needs to explicitly go on record condemning the riots or they default to supporting it.

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
Democratic backsliding, also known as autocratization and de-democratization, is a gradual decline in the quality of democracy and the reverse of democratization, which may result in the state losing its democratic qualities and becoming an autocracy or authoritarian regime.

Democratic backsliding occurs when essential components of democracy are threatened. Examples of democratic backsliding include:

Free and fair elections are degraded;

Liberal rights of freedom of speech, press and association decline, impairing the ability of the political opposition to challenge the government, hold it to account, and propose alternatives to the current regime;

The rule of law (i.e., judicial and bureaucratic restraints on the government) is weakened, such as when the independence of the judiciary is threatened, or when civil service tenure protections are weakened or eliminated.

The government manufactures or overemphasizes a national security threat to create "a sense of crisis" that allows the government "to malign critics as weak-willed or unpatriotic" and to depict defenders of democratic institutions "as representatives of a tired, insulated elite." - Wiki

Think carefully about how much you're willing to give up. The same tactics that are used against the other team can be used against you and me at any time.

You sure sound like a trump apologist.

"Private corporations silenced Trump, they could do it to you or me next!"

Most or all of what you wrote is what Trump has done. Not the other way around. Get out of your fabricated reality and learn what's actually going on.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Then you misunderstand that a coup is. Turkey faced one a few years back. His supporters expect military action similar to that in the coming days.
Meanwhile, I just cannot imagine enough Republican or military leadership would allow it. It'd be a failed attempt by an extreme minority. I hope.
You are confusing all coups with the more specific military coup.

Wednesday was an attempted coup.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Parler has refused the censor the right wing extremists who were rooting for their least favorite congresscritter to get killed by the protestors who stormed the Capitol building, and Google and Apple consider that to be against their terms of service.

This is probably going to make for an interesting 1st Amendment Supreme Court case someday... assuming that Parler is still alive by then. They're getting a huge influx of new users, but they're probably going to have problems getting advertising.

No case. Your first amendment right does not include other people's property.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Maybe you should use the search feature of the forum instead of playing follow the leader in this moronic game of insult. If someone doesn't explicitly condemn an action does not mean they support it. By your logic, at least every adult American needs to explicitly go on record condemning the riots or they default to supporting it.

Link it up! Prove me wrong.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If someone doesn't explicitly condemn an action does not mean they support it. By your logic, at least every adult American needs to explicitly go on record condemning the riots or they default to supporting it.
Why would anyone not explicitly condemn these actions?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
This is probably going to make for an interesting 1st Amendment Supreme Court case someday...
No. It won't. It would be immediately laughed out of court.
Was it really that hard to mentally configure that into your brain?
The refusal is at least partially intentional.
This type of convenient confusion runs rampant with conservatives.
Dishonesty, distraction, projection, obfuscation...
It’s amazing how right wing Twitter is trying to pretend that an armed mob didn’t just storm the legislature and beat a police officer to death with a fire extinguisher.
Nononono...it was all Antifa and BLM. Just ask any of the rwnj's that were on-scene, they apparently witnessed it? o_O
What are people not getting? Do those apps actually perform some malicious actions on people phones? Is it because Google or Apple doesn't like what is being hosted on the Parler site? I guess they need to remove Twitter, Facebook and other social media apps because a lot of bad things have happened via those as well.
Shut the fuck up, clown.

Reactions: DaaQ

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Even better Parler is getting booted off AWS, their hosting platform, meaning the are completely dead, no apps, no web pages:

Parler claims to have their own infrastructure so they don't need AWS but are also boasting they're being courted by other hosting providers.

Uh huh. Both of these things seem really likely to be true.

Even switching hosts is not a fast and easy process if there were one at the ready. Could be a pretty long outage.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
holy fuck these people have invented another universe within the actual one.

truly staggering....and smarmy can you get with that video, lol--it's some ultra-privileged "masters of the universe" new years party, complete with catering, quartet, in some gilded colonial palace owned by "that family" ...jsut sitting around with parlor talk and some old ass codger with dementia and a star is droning on about information that was brainscanned into him by some corner of the Trump/OANN/Newsmax circle, ....and the fawning over his "gentle brilliance." ...and the comments. holy shit the comments. These people aren't going anywhere.
Total Qanon cuck, that old codger. In a nut shell, that guy never got the memo.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
They are 100% convinced a coup is coming before Biden is sworn in.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for them, or scared that Trump may actually attempt one.
It is wise to strip the mofo of his power. BEFORE 1/20. Surprise, once done he will lose power! And influence. Even if he can't/won't do something destructive between now and 1/20, the actions will help ID him as a traitor, I'm in favor of impeachment. If Pence's armor can be breached, the 25th.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Considering how many impeachable offenses Trump has committed, and been shielded by the senate, I'd say nail him now.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Those worried about Free Speech: You can always hold a Conference at the Four Seasons Total Landscaping....it's not all bad.

Come on down and join the fun!

Free Balloons For The Kids.

See Chucky, the Piano Playing Rabbit.

piano1.JPG

Ask for me, I'm Harry, the guy with the snake on his face!

28cfhm.gif

(ONE BALLOON PER FAMILY)