Parents: how did you explain the bunny-easter connection to your kids?

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
Easter: Jesus died, came back to life. Bunnies: symbol of spring, or fertility, or at least a great shape for a chocolate treat.

explaining this wasn't one of my better parenting moments.

How do you do it?

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
First, I bite the head off of a chocolate bunny...

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
It is pretty ridiculous how some Christians think that this is harmless even though it is pagan, yet halloween and all hallow's eve (are harmful).

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
umm, i don't see the need at all...my parents never tried to explain to me. i didn't know there was a logical explanation?

JDrake

Banned
Dec 27, 2005
I got a time-out in kindergarten for saying the Easter bunny/Santa Claus weren't real :(

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: slayer202
umm, i don't see the need at all...my parents never tried to explain to me. i didn't know there was a logical explanation?

mine never bothered with me either

were going to church, and then youre eating chocolates. thats what i understood.

my kids just know that right now, their chocolates look like delicious rabbits. but they dont know wht.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001

Same here...

I don't remember ever getting an explanation of the connection. Or even being curious about it.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: DaShen
It is pretty ridiculous how some Christians think that this is harmless even though it is pagan, yet halloween and all hallow's eve (are harmful).

Just about everything Christian has its roots as something "pagan". Things change.

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: theknight571

Same here...

I don't remember ever getting an explanation of the connection. Or even being curious about it.

BAD CHRISTIAN! STRAIGHT TO HELL WITH YOU! j/k

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
i dont have kids, but i told cousins that the easter bunny steals and eats the eggs that little children come from once every spring....children eggs are brightly colored and decorated.....but not too much different from chicken eggs.
Thus we trick the easter bunny by leaving out chicken eggs or plastic eggs that are colored and once he goes to eat them he finds out they are fake and thus leaves them behind sometimes in very hidden locations as he likes to hide when eating children.

thirdeye

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
www.davewalter.net
Originally posted by: Drakkon
i dont have kids, but i told cousins that the easter bunny steals and eats the eggs that little children come from once every spring....children eggs are brightly colored and decorated.....but not too much different from chicken eggs.
Thus we trick the easter bunny by leaving out chicken eggs or plastic eggs that are colored and once he goes to eat them he finds out they are fake and thus leaves them behind sometimes in very hidden locations as he likes to hide when eating children.

This wins for the most random thing ever.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: xSauronx

mine never bothered with me either

were going to church, and then youre eating chocolates. thats what i understood.

my kids just know that right now, their chocolates look like delicious rabbits. but they dont know wht.

Exactly, it is just free candy. It plays no significance toward the actual story of Good Friday or Easter Sunday

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Jesus died and was put in the tomb. Then the Easter Bunny came by spreading joy and giving chocoalte and eggs to people. All the joy from this brought Jesus back to life on the 3rd day.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Jesus died and was put in the tomb. Then the Easter Bunny came by spreading joy and giving chocoalte and eggs to people. All the joy from this brought Jesus back to life on the 3rd day.

And then Jesus went on an egg eating rampage, which prompted everyone to color the eggs and hide them.

This lesson brought to you by Carlos Mencia.

Hey! Quickly hide the eggs, Jesus is back!!!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: DaShen

don't forget celebrating the birth of jesus with a pagan ritual originally devoted to the solstice and mithras

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
If kids even bother asking, just tell them that the Easter bunny just wants to help us celebrate Jesus' birthday. Just like there is a BIG cake when you go to Grandpa's birthday because he's important, everyone gets loads of candy on Jesus' birthday because he's super important!

:D

EatSpam

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
We plan to explain it like this:

Easter is a tradition with roots in Christian mythology. Candy, Easter eggs, and Easter baskets are part of that tradition and just for fun.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
If a kid is old enough to need an explanation, then he's old enough to know that the Easter Bunny isn't real.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
rabbits have no opposable thumbs thus cannot hold easter baskets much less hand out eggs :p

my kids never really bothered to ask about the easter bunny..and i didnt really tell them... they are pretty smart so i assume they take it as another symbol of easter like santa claus..

they just know its like a party to celebrates jesus' ressurection