Parents: Do you drug test your kids?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by techs, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waggy

waggy No Lifer

nope. all 3 of mine i am sure they don't do drugs.

my 2 are 6 adn 10. my oldest (adopteD) is 21 and while no doubt she had tried/done pot she has said she won't do and hasn't done anything harder. considering she is a A student i am fine.

2. momeNt

momeNt Diamond Member

No I don't, it's a waste of money.

I subscribe to the state testing program which has them installed in urinals and stalls, face detection software verifies the person pissing, and it is tested in the toilet or urinal respectively. You get weekly reports, also get a notification if they haven't been going to the bathrooms during school, in which case I just give them a diuretic before they leave for school and get the report later that afternoon.

To do it yourself is a good way of getting caught and losing the trust of your children.

3. DAGTA

DAGTA Diamond Member

4. Paladin3

Paladin3 Platinum Member

I would consider the need to drug test my kids as my failure as a parent. We've always been open about drugs, and how they must be fun to do since so many people use them, but that they are currently illegal and the potential drawbacks are too sever to take the chance and risk their future.

They also understand that if they did try drugs the resulting loss of privileges and freedom would make their little experiment not worth trying. They would come home to a room with just a mattress, blankets and school books in it. I'd walk them to and from school each day, and sit behind them in every class if necessary.

Thankfully, all my kids understand how important preparing for their future is, so they are concentrating on school and college and not even thinking about drugs.

Edit: and they understand that trust and privacy have to be earned. We are open about everything and have good two-way communication. We give them trust and privacy in small doses, never more than their underdeveloped decision making skills can handle.

#29 Paladin3, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. techs

techs Lifer

I wonder how many of the parents who say they are sure their kids are not doing drugs have kids who are doing drugs?

6. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

I'd be half disappointed if my daughter didn't try drugs at some point. I expect her to control herself though, and not do anything stupid.

7. RocksteadyDotNet

RocksteadyDotNet Diamond Member

LOL.

8. bbhaag

bbhaag Platinum Member

I test my 9yo and 5yo on a regular basis. My logic is if I do it now when they are young they won't think anything of it when they are older. It will just be part of the routine.

They'll be like,"Hold on man my dad needs a sample before we go out tonight", and their friends will be like "WTF your dad makes you piss in a cup before you can go out?" but I don't care.
    It takes planning and patience but one day ATOT you can be a dad like me if you really try.:thumbsup:

9. zanejohnson

zanejohnson Diamond Member

more like they'll be like * dad.

10. bbhaag

bbhaag Platinum Member

I was trolling man haha. I don't give my sons a drug test at such a young age and won't when they get older.

11. oakberry

oakberry Banned

#36 oakberry, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  12. oakberry

oakberry Banned

#37 oakberry, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  13. Paratus

Paratus Diamond Member

Rise

RISE!